Value of: Wheeler to NYI

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If you want a signed Wheeler jersey sure, that offer is ok. If you think that gets you Wheeler the player you're delusional

as a neutral party that offer isnt nearly as bad as you make it out to be.
barzal is one of the top prospects in the league, Nelson just popped in 26 goals and the 1st will be top 20

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Just looking briefly at his page on the Jets website--is it true he's only missed 5 games in 5 seasons? :amazed:

nilssont

May 27, 2007
So underrated. Whats his contract status?

Anyway Jets wont move him and if they would it would be for roster players, their prospect pool is full.

But just for fun if they would be going for futures id think that Strome+Barzal+1st+2ns would get Chevy listening at least.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I'm just pleased that the non-Jets-fan-Wheeler-fan-club is coming out of the woodwork here. Big ups to you...

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
So underrated. Whats his contract status?

Anyway Jets wont move him and if they would it would be for roster players, their prospect pool is full.

But just for fun if they would be going for futures id think that Strome+Barzal+1st+2ns would get Chevy listening at least.

5,6 x 2 years IIRC. And if a full prospect deal was to happen, Pulock+Barzal+1st+ is something to think about.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
For Wheeler he would be. Considering that I mostly see LHD being the Jets biggest need on these boards.

LMFAO! Leddy is a top pairing, elite skating, LHD defenseman but he goes for wheeler, who is arguably on okposos level?

Stick to the rangahs, bro. Grabner should do real well. Maybe the Rangers will beat the islanders this year? Just once?

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
LMFAO! Leddy is a top pairing, elite skating, LHD defenseman but he goes for wheeler, who is arguably on okposos level?

Stick to the rangahs, bro. Grabner should do real well. Maybe the Rangers will beat the islanders this year? Just once?

Not to mention, without Leddy this is the Islanders LD:

De Haan
Hickey
Pelech

:help:

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
barzal is one of the top prospects in the league, Nelson just popped in 26 goals and the 1st will be top 20

I don't care about a proposal for Wheeler (he's not getting traded), but I wouldn't be so certain about NYI not being in the top 1/3 of the league. Yeah there's some turnover at forward, but this will be the best, most stable and varied NYI D since the Hamrlik/Aucoin/Jonsson years. Given the way that Leddy is rounding out, it may be even better.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

I know exactly who he is, the fact is a team pushing to be a playoff team this upcoming year wouldn't set itself back several years (at best) by trading it's best winger (who is top 5 in the NHL) for a late 1st Rd pick (that holds very little value us, considering how loaded we are with prospects now) and a prospect that perhaps in 3-4-5 years "might" become even close as good as Wheeler is now. Not to mention Wheeler is one of two people being considered as our new captain. The offer is so poorly thought out and absurd that it can only be considered silly. Wheeler isn't going any where unless the offer was out of this world. We don't want to trade Wheeler. Chevy made that trade at this point, it could only be considered a huge mistake deserving of being fired. If you want to trade for Wheeler call us in the last year of his contract, then sure much more open to trade talks for him.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
5,6 x 2 years IIRC. And if a full prospect deal was to happen, Pulock+Barzal+1st+ is something to think about.

Has 3 yrs remaining. UFA summer 2019.

The Jets will name him captain soon. He will not be traded.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Isles fans on our board mention Wheeler a lot and I never understand it because he's never been rumored to be on the block.

Lol I suggested it the other day just because I really like him and he would be perfect for us. I had no idea if he was available or not, but pretty obvious he isn't.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
dont think isles have the necessary pieces unless leddy is involved. Not gonna happen

And jets dont need D

So unless Leddy is involved theres no deal...but the Jets dont need D? kind of contradicting yourself there lol...I do agree tho, there is no deal to be made here. Wheeler is one of a kind and the Jets would be silly to give him up for anything other then an over payment.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

Wheeler is much better than Okposo, it's really not close. Leddy and Wheeler are similar in that their both not elite but they're as close as you can get at their positions. Although I think Leddy can considered elite, he's so underrated.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Wheeler is much better than Okposo, it's really not close. Leddy and Wheeler are similar in that their both not elite but they're as close as you can get at their positions. Although I think Leddy can considered elite, he's so underrated.

When people throw out the word elite, what does that mean? Cause Wheeler is a top 5 pts RW the last 3 years or so, does that make him elite?

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
YES. And since Kyle is 2nd or 3rd in RW pts the past 3 years or so he can be considered an almost intergeneralfranchisal RW

:sarcasm:

I don't know? Yes? He got a big contract from the Sabres because of it.

I just consider Wheeler elite. Much more so than Leddy.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I don't know? Yes? He got a big contract from the Sabres because of it.

I just consider Wheeler elite. Much more so than Leddy.

I think Wheeler is twice the two-way player that Okposo is. Okposo has his moments but is maddeningly inconsistent. I don't consider his elite, even though he's got a high ppg the past few games. I'd put Wheeler closer to elite than Kyle.

If Leddy's 15-16 season was as good or the same as his 14-15 season I'd put him in elite category. He took a step back though, so I wouldn't consider him elite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad