WHC 2015 - Prague/Ostrava

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Where was that during that 40 game stretch where he had 10 points? Btw find me another center in the league who got as much even strength ice time as him and had a similar stretch.

Where was he?

He was playing with injured Umberger and injured Read. Having tons of good plays and setups squandered by their struggles.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Where was that during that 40 game stretch where he had 10 points? Btw find me another center in the league who got as much even strength ice time as him and had a similar stretch.

When did this stretch occur?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Couts scoring at the WC is a good sign because it showed he could keep up with an allstar team and be relied on as one of their most important players. He was his usual awesome defensive self, but he was also part of a dangerous line that routinely kept their opponent pinned in their zone, even against the better teams.

This is more of a good sign of him moving in a positive direction than a prediction of his play next year. We're not expecting .7 ppg play, but he's improving, which is what's important.

Yeah. It's amazing what he could do with decent linemates, eh?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
this year, it was during half the year.

You need to provide the dates if you expect me to go hunting for other players with similar production. The total amount of points scored in a season is far more important, anyway.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I like how you choose to ignore his good stretch to focus only on what you perceive to be bad. :facepalm:

his last week of 7 games? Actually that has not been ignored on this board, what has been ignored on this board is his 40 game streak of 10 points. So much so curu doesn't even know when it occured. If that was a topic that wasn't ignored he would know about it.

Also what is more of a realistic view of the season 7 game stretch or a 40 game stretch?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
his last week of 7 games? Actually that has not been ignored on this board, what has been ignored on this board is his 40 game streak of 10 points. So much so curu doesn't even know when it occured. If that was a topic that wasn't ignored he would know about it.

Also what is more of a realistic view of the season 7 game stretch or a 40 game stretch?

No jtown, it hasn't been ignored. It's been discussed thoroughly. We have added context to understand why. It has been explained to you numerous times, but you elect to believe Couturier sucks at offense while ignoring all context.

Are you trying to claim here that he had only one good 7 game stretch? Are you going to ignore that long, long stretch where he was the only guy carrying his line, having his good play wasted by dead weight linemates?

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas

So....what about his 27 points in the other 42 games?

What is it exactly that you are arguing against? Playing incredibly difficult minutes, he has put up 39 and 37 point seasons at an age when a lot of guys are just beginning to really make an impact. Suggesting that he might get up to 45-50 points with slightly easier minutes and slightly better linemates doesn't seem unrealistic.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
his last week of 7 games? Actually that has not been ignored on this board, what has been ignored on this board is his 40 game streak of 10 points. So much so curu doesn't even know when it occured.

You don't know either. If you did, you would have given me the starting and end date already.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
It's true that Couturier went a long stretch with only 10 points (December 31-March 28). My eyes have been opened to how ineffective he is; better trade this bum.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
No jtown, it hasn't been ignored. It's been discussed thoroughly. We have added context to understand why. It has been explained to you numerous times, but you elect to believe Couturier sucks at offense while ignoring all context.

Are you trying to claim here that he had only one good 7 game stretch? Are you going to ignore that long, long stretch where he was the only guy carrying his line, having his good play wasted by dead weight linemates?

I elect to believe he sucks at offense? Well what choice do i have after a 40 game 10 point outburst?

Coots is fine in the role he current plays. We should all be very happy with what he does .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad