WHC 2015 - Prague/Ostrava

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Maybe because he's just so incredibly likable? On top of being an incredible player he seems to be an extremely nice and goofy guy, someone that his teammates love and fans gravitate towards.

I also think it's where he started to where he is now. Overlooked by 21 teams, undersized, was not the best skater; to see where he is now and the great all around player he has become is truly inspiring and easy to root for IMO.

Plus his overall personality and you can see how much winning means to him on and off the ice. He's our leader.

I was pretty young when Lindros was with the Flyers so I never got to truly appreciate the kind of player he was. But I appreciate what I've seen from Giroux so far, plus the fact how healthy he's been in his career is also very impressive!

I think all this has something to do with it... I do think not really ever being thought of as a future NHLer, never-mind a star, until he was almost 18 years old is part of what makes him such a likeable guy. He comes across as 'normal', has no trouble saying what he thinks, no 'media training' and 'expectations' since pre-teen years like a lot of NHLers have undergone... I guess he had a pretty 'normal' upbringing until he made the Olympiques. Pretty rare tbh.

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
Pens fan here in peace. It was really nice seeing Giroux and Crosby work magic on the ice. I'm sure the rivalry will be back next season, but for now, it was amazing to watch. :yo:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
So to finish the tournament:

Giroux: 10GP, 3G, 7A, 10P, +11. (Canada's de facto 1C, Canada's best Forward, Best player in Final, 2nd amongst all tournament forwards in +/-.)

Couturier: 10GP 3G, 4A, 7P, +13. (Led all tournament forwards in +/-.)

Voracek: 10GP, 3G, 7A, 10P, +0.

Raffl: 7GP, 1G, 2A, 3P, -2. (led Austria in points, Forward TOI and +/-.)

Schenn: 2GP, 1G, 0A, 1P, +4.

Streit: 8GP, 0G, 2A, 2P, -5.

Lauridsen: 7GP, 0G, 1A, 1P, -5.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Kovalchuk lead most of the team off the ice before the Canadian national anthem. Ovechkin and a few others stayed with a look of "what the **** are you doing?" on their face.

15hze6e.jpg

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Kovalchuk lead most of the team off the ice before the Canadian national anthem. Ovechkin and a few others stayed with a look of "what the **** are you doing?" on their face.

15hze6e.jpg

Ovechkin, Malkin, Tikhonov, Dadonov, Kulemin and Tarasenko were the ones that stayed to begin with I reckon. (4/6 you can see by numbers and they had better pictures live...) But a few more skated off as it started... Ovechkin and Malkin were still there but dont know who else.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011

15hze6e.jpg

Kovy has proved again he just thinks about himself, have some dignity and pride be a man and show some respect, all the guys who skated off should be ashamed of themselves

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
... you guys see this lockerroom photo from after they won...?

I can't un-see it but I really want to...

I'm not going to link it. You can find it if you look on twitter...

****ing god damnit Giroux :laugh:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
dude i was just about to post that. WTF. how does something like that get posted.

After the WJC win one player got posted bare assed in a locker room celebration photo. Of course it was our player as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad