Jul 25, 2012
Helmets: Easton E600 + Bauer ReAkt cage
Shoulders: Bauer one60
Elbow: CCM CS LE
Pants: Reebok 16k
Shins: Bauer TotalOne NXG 14"
Gloves: Easton Stealth RS 13"
Skates: Bauer One70
Sticks: Lots. Warrior Widow Int 70 Kovalchuk & Prostock Dynasty 75 Zetterberg are the favs currently though.

Niloc

Dec 12, 2013
Skates.....
Going to buy new ones this week....too many options...

I have wider feet and toes (not too wide though, but i CANNOT fit Nike/Addidas shoes).....but i have a small skinny anke.

Advice on which skates to try first?

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Helmets: Reebok 9k with super old Bauer cage
Shoulders: Sherwood 5030
Elbow: Jofa something or nothers
Pants: Reebok 9k girdle with various shells
Shins: Reebok 9k
Gloves: Easton E Pro Pro Stock (J. Blum)
Skates: Bauer One.9
Sticks: Bauer Pro Stock Smith-Pelly (Orange T1 Graphics) and Downie (Apx Graphics) - G3 95 flex with Sakic curves

izzy3

Dec 3, 2009
Helmet: CCM V10 with Bauer ReAkt cage
Shoulders: Easton ST6 (Reebok 9K shirt for roller)
Shins: CCM U+09 (CCM V04 for roller)
Pants: Bauer Supreme One 80 SE (Mission CSX Girdle for roller)
Gloves: CCM 4R Pro II (Warrior Bonafide X SE Edmonton for roller)
Elbows: Bauer Nexus 600 (Reebok 10k for roller)
Skates: Reebok 11K (Reebok 6K ice boot w OneUp chassis for roller)
Stick: Reebok 20K 70 flex, 2 x Easton ST 65 flex (2 x TotalOne Shaft 65 flex + Mission ABS blades for roller) all Sakic/Hall/P92 pattern

Birthday gift turned into awesome gloves by CCM :yo:

SillyMe

Jan 10, 2014
Ma.
Helmet/Cage- IMS 11.0 w/Re-Akt cage, was gonna buy the Re-Akt helmet until I tried this one on.
Shin pads:Warrior AX2
Pants:Reebok 14K
Shoulder pads: Reebok 16K
Elbow pads:Warrior Projekts(blue), CCM U+08
Skates: Easton RS
Gloves:Vapor 3.0- next upgrade
Stick: CCM CS
Hockey socks: Reebok edge black,CCM Bruins white-road
Laces:elite hockey-waxed
Bag: Reebok Pro 36"...this thing is huge, 32" would be better

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
Bauer 5100 helmet w/ Itech half shield.
Bauer Vapor X30 shoulder, planning to upgrade shortly to the Nexus 600
Bauer Nexus 1000 elbow
Cooper Super Pro gloves, planning on replacing when I learn new uniform colours.
Bauer Nexus 600 pants
Bauer Nexus 600 shin, thinking about upgrading to the 1000 though because the elbows are so good.
Bauer Supreme 3000 skates, new this year, 2nd hand, but as new. Prob only worn a couple of times previously.
Titan TPM 3020 sticks

Have had to shell out a bit lately to replace a bunch of old Cooper stuff I hadn't used in a long, long time. Looked okay, but the plastic was brittle and just fell to bits when I dusted it off.

So much Bauer now I might have to change my name to Jack.

Last edited:

stocky

Jun 29, 2012
B-ville
Skates: Bauer Vapor X3.0 (out grew them quickly I think. Saving up for an upgrade)
Shin Pads: Easton S17
Pants: Bauer Nexus 400 (Very light and comfy. Not a lot of protection though)
Shoulders: CCM U+12
Elbow Pads: Bauer Vapor X:30
Helmet: Bauer 4500 w/ CCM FM580 cage
Gloves. CCM U+06
Stick: Bauer Nexus 600, P88 - 87 Flex

A few new buys in the last few months.

The new shouldies are perfect. Great protection, low profile and very light. Perfect for beer league.

Love the heavier flex on my stick. My slappers are much harder. Still getting used to loading up my writers with it.

The 4500 is so much lighter than the 9500 and oh so classic :yo:

Mr Celly

May 15, 2013
Halifax, NS
My son is was using two RBZ Stage 2's, and snapped both of them two weeks apart. Any suggestions? He's a defencemen, 5'11, 160 lbs, and has an above average shot. Thinking about an NXG, or a APX2. Any thoughts? Need sooner rather than later, but he's got a couple pro stocks for the meantime. (AI.9's) Thanks!

matix218

Dec 18, 2013
Helmet/Cage: Black Bauer 4500 w/ white RBK FM480
Shin pads: RBK 5k
Pants: Bauer TotalOne girdle w/ Bauer Vapor Shell
Shoulder pads: Sherwood Classics
Elbow pads: Bauer one75
Skates: Easton S17 (silver) with CCM Epro holders/runners
Gloves: Bauer one95 (black on black)
Stick: CCM U+ CL 85 flex (Tavares)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
My son is was using two RBZ Stage 2's, and snapped both of them two weeks apart. Any suggestions? He's a defencemen, 5'11, 160 lbs, and has an above average shot. Thinking about an NXG, or a APX2. Any thoughts? Need sooner rather than later, but he's got a couple pro stocks for the meantime. (AI.9's) Thanks!

Try the Nexus 1000. It's just like the NXG or the APX2, only cheaper because it's on clearance. If you can find the APX too, it could be great.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
When I'm in net :

Some sort of Eddy mask, can't remember the model
RBK throat guard - took a puck to the adams apple under my dangler one time, never again
Eagle Fusion chest protector
Itech Jock
RBK Premier Pants
RBK Premier 2 leg pads/blocker/glove
Bauer Supreme skates - one model down from the pro model
Twigz goalie stick

When I skate out :

CCM v10 Helmet + Cage
Bauer Classic shoulder pads
Old Jofa elbow pads
Bauer Supreme Trevor Lewis pro return gloves
Koho Revolution pants
Ancient CCM 662 Tacks shin pads
Bauer Supreme skates - I think it's like 1.4 or something
Easton slash guards so I don't end up like my friend who got his wrist stepped on
Sherwood 9050 Stick with a Stastny pattern

Not the fanciest stuff, but it gets the job done

Caps2Fan

Jan 6, 2014
Helmet: Bauer IMS 7.0 w/ Avision Ahead Full Face Visor
Shoulders: Bauer Supreme One.8
Elbows: Bauer Supreme One.8
Pants: Bauer Vapor X 7.0
Shins: Bauer APX
Gloves: Bauer Vapor X 7.0
Skates: CCM RBZ 80 7.5D with Custom Rocker Radius by noicingsports.com (8'/12' Combo Radius, pitched forward, FBV 100/75)
Stick: Currently using an Easton Mako M5 II Sr. 75 Flex Iginla Curve

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
Helmet: Mission M15 w/ Bauer Full Face shield
Shoulders: Bauer One35
Elbows: Easton S3
Pants: CCM U+05
Shins: Bauer One35
Gloves: Easton S35
Skates: CCM U+06 11D
Stick: Bauer X2.0 P92 curve 87 flex

Gally9

Mar 18, 2014
helmet:Reebok 11k with a bauer concept 3 fishbowl
Gloves: Bauer X Velocitys
Stick: Sherwood T90 Undercover
Shin Pads: Bauer Instincts
Elbow Pads: Bauer One Comps
Shoulder pads: Bauer One Comps
Skates: Bauer APX
Pants: Bauer TotalOne girdle

:yo: :)

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland

Not sure about the ones you mentioned, but stay away from the easton Mako. My brother is the same build, a little taller. Same kinda shot and has snapped 5 off this year. Not a stick made for hard shooters

althoma1

Nov 21, 2013
Not sure about the ones you mentioned, but stay away from the easton Mako. My brother is the same build, a little taller. Same kinda shot and has snapped 5 off this year. Not a stick made for hard shooters

The original Mako, Mako II or both? I have a Mako II that's holding up fairly well, but I haven't used it a lot - probably only about a dozen beer league games.

The Warrior Covert sticks are worth a look - I have a Diablo that I really like and that evolved into the DT2 and then DT1ST. I've also demoed the Widow and Covert DT1. I liked them both, but some people had problems with the durability of the blades on the Widows and Diablo sticks. Warrior really worked to improve the blade durability for the covert sticks and now you can find the DT1 and DT2 sticks on clearance since the DT1LT and DT1ST were launched and are the latest models.

The dagger taper really provides a lot of pop - the DT1 and DT1LT sticks are true one piece sticks (as is the Widow). The DT2 and DT1ST sticks offer similar performance, but are high fused sticks that offer twist resistance for stronger players (as was the Diablo).

I've also heard/read good things about the Sherwood REKKER EK15. It's the lightest top of the line stick out there and is cheaper than the competition. I haven't used one myself, but some of the people that have and have posted on different forums have given positive feedback. They've said things like they were worried about the durability due to the weight, but they've held up and performed well.

Last edited:

JulianHopper*

My current gear, looking to upgrade my shoulder and shin pads for next season.

Helmet - Reebok 4k with Bauer X100 Half Visor
Shoulder Pads - Easton Synergy 700
Elbow Pads - CCM CL
Pants - Reebok JDP 5K
Shin Pads - Graf G700
Gloves - Bauer Supreme Total One Max SOR3
Skates - Bauer One70

Sticks - Easton E7 Iginla II L5.5 85 Flex
Bauer Supreme one.5 Stamkos PM9 L5 87 Flex

I've had most of this gear for a couple seasons now and am happy with all of it. Have to replace a couple items though.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
Bauer 5100 helmet w/ Itech half shield.
Bauer Vapor X30 shoulder, planning to upgrade shortly to the Nexus 600
Bauer Nexus 1000 elbow
Cooper Super Pro gloves, planning on replacing when I learn new uniform colours.
Bauer Nexus 600 pants
Bauer Nexus 600 shin, thinking about upgrading to the 1000 though because the elbows are so good.
Bauer Supreme 3000 skates, new this year, 2nd hand, but as new. Prob only worn a couple of times previously.
Titan TPM 3020 sticks

Have had to shell out a bit lately to replace a bunch of old Cooper stuff I hadn't used in a long, long time. Looked okay, but the plastic was brittle and just fell to bits when I dusted it off.

So much Bauer now I might have to change my name to Jack.

Have replaced the old half shield with a HDO straight cut visor and just picked up some Vapor X30 gloves to make do mucking around while my Nexus 800's are on order.

Best thing about the new visor is that if it fogs up a little on the bench, it de-mists in seconds once you start skating. helmet and visor I just keep/carry in a pillow case and plastic bag which seems to protect it pretty well against any scratches in the gear bag.

Am playing with a pair of old Wynwell gloves which have lasted pretty well. They're a little dirty now but have been surprisingly durable. Palms still all intact.

'New' sticks too, old stock Mako M5's, 100 flex.

I'm sure scuba diving would be cheaper.

JulianHopper*

My current gear, looking to upgrade my shoulder and shin pads for next season.

Helmet - Reebok 4k with Bauer X100 Half Visor
Shoulder Pads - Easton Synergy 700
Elbow Pads - CCM CL
Pants - Reebok JDP 5K
Shin Pads - Graf G700
Gloves - Bauer Supreme Total One Max SOR3
Skates - Bauer One70

Sticks - Easton E7 Iginla II L5.5 85 Flex
Bauer Supreme one.5 Stamkos PM9 L5 87 Flex

I've had most of this gear for a couple seasons now and am happy with all of it. Have to replace a couple items though.

Got some new shoulder pads on the weekend. Stayed with Easton and got the Easton Stealth RS II. Haven't played yet but they fit well and have quite a bit more protection in the chest and back.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
Bauer 5100 helmet w/ HDO straight cut visor
Bauer Vapor X30 shoulder
Bauer Nexus 1000 elbow
Bauer Nexus 800 gloves
Bauer Nexus 600 pants
Bauer Nexus 600 shin
Bauer Vapor X70 skates
Easton Mako M5 sticks, 100 flex w/ Hall curve

Finally finished for a while. Everything reasonably up to date, new this year and everything old, broken or obsolete replaced. Hopefully it all lasts a while. May keep looking around sticks though

Kennern90

Jul 22, 2014
My gear!

Right now i using:
Helmet: Reebok 8K with CCM C1 visor

shoulders: Bauer APX
Elbows: Bauer APX
Gloves: Easton S13
Pants: Bauer APX
Shins: Nike Bauer Supreme 50
Skates: CCM U+ Ovi Special Edition

Sticks:

Bauer NXG 102flex Garlock

Waiting for:

Bauer APX pro Gloves
Warrior Krown LTE Helmet
Oakley VR903 Straight Pro Visor
Warrior Dynasty Grip Pro Stock 85 flex W88 X2

Kennern90

Jul 22, 2014

I would recommand NXG stick for D's with strong slapshots, i have a NXG stick myself and i have tried the APX and Nexus stick! best stick was the NXG! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad