What's with the Woo-ing at Nationwide Arena?

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Woo me once, shame on me. Woo me twice, shame on... you. You woo me once, I can't get wooed again.
74689_max.jpg

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Hopefully this will go the way of the sophomoric Arch City Army. That group had the collective maturity level of a 12 year old. They imploded, thank God.

Reactions: Rufio035

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
They do that in Carolina. They used to have Ric Flair on the screen after a goal leading the Woos. Now he is no longer on the screen but it still remains as a stupid thing where a drunk dude yells Woo which makes another drunk dude automatically yell Woo which causes another and so on. Not sure how it made it to Columbus but that sucks.

I think it was the Monsters. They have Ric Flair on the jumbotron once a game yelling "woooooo".

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I'm not a fan mostly because of PIT fans. That said, if it's something that becomes a "thing" between the fans and players, I don't "heff to be mad"

I wonder if game ops is nimble enough to notice it becoming a thing and will find a way to capitalize on it as we all go down the stretch...Maybe if fans "woo!" through the next adrenaline-sucking timeout 'game', they'll do something else with the time.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
It’s awful and hopefully ends soon. I think a combo of boredom, drunkenness and idiocy result in this. The last two games while good wins had long stretches where the game was pretty boring and game ops has done nothing to try to bring life back to the arena.

Reactions: CBJ Tiffin

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I will be at the game tomorrow; will start profiling the culprits. I’m guessing they are children that want attention, based on what I am reading.

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
Somewhat related, does anyone sit near the resident harpy/banshee hybrid who screams in the 220s? WTH is with that and how can people stand it? Little kids in 210 were wincing whenever they heard her.

alosufan1

Apr 3, 2003
columbus
Visit site
At the Monsters game for the Calder Cup Game 4 a couple of years ago,
I heard the "wooing" for the first time.. it started in the 3rd period, and lasted through the OT. The most annoying thing I have ever heard

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Somewhat related, does anyone sit near the resident harpy/banshee hybrid who screams in the 220s? WTH is with that and how can people stand it? Little kids in 210 were wincing whenever they heard her.
Yep, we were in 220 Friday night and heard it. Yikes.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
It started early against Montreal but soon subsided and didn’t return.
There was either some merciful deity present or my stink eye has much more range than I’d ever dare to imagine.

Was brief but was enough for me to confidently place myself on the “hate it” list

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
There was either some merciful deity present or my stink eye has much more range than I’d ever dare to imagine.

Was brief but was enough for me to confidently place myself on the “hate it” list

Keep it up. I said ‘no, no, no’ out loud but probably not loud enough for any actual woo-er to hear.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
If it’s the woo I am thinking of, the Bruins announcer gives one woo after announcing Bruins goals and then the fans reply with one woo back.

Better than yelling “sieve” at the opposing goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad