What's up with Tavares?

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Tavares is in a slump maybe the worst of his career. I remember when Crosby was in his slump people were starting to question whether he is done. Tavares will bounce back and put up big numbers again. He is to good and works to hard not too.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So the nyi owners are willing to invest major $ ( along with several others), in a billion dollar arena deal,but will not come across with money to pay their franchise center?
Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?
It's called negotiating and trying to get the best deal possible. I am extremely confident that barring an epic blunder by ownership he resigns. He likes being an Islander, the Islanders alone can give him the best deal. My prediction: he signs right before July 1st.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It's called negotiating and trying to get the best deal possible. I am extremely confident that barring an epic blunder by ownership he resigns. He likes being an Islander, the Islanders alone can give him the best deal. My prediction: he signs right before July 1st.
My point isn't if Tavares signs a nyi extension. I have no idea how that will play out.
My disagreement is with the comment in this thread, that the nyi are unwilling to give Tavares top $ and term.
From credible sources, the isles wanted to sign Tavares last July 1st. The first day he was eligible for an extension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad