Whats up with Laine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I find this bizarre. Does the team not stay in hotels nice enough with a new enough tv to support fortnite?
Quite simply not a claim that stands up to scrutiny. Of course with the added claim that it's $800 TVs, maybe Laine just really want to optimize those Fortnite graphics.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
What happened to those few vocal people who were so sure he would get 120+ points? The sad thing is that they are the ones who pump him up so ridiculously much that other fans want to say 'I told you so" but they are no where to be seen so its the other jets fans have to deal with it.

Reactions: Lilou

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ok we'll just crap on him for his one-dimensional, lazy play then.

As long as you are shitting on someone right!

deflect deflect!

Deflect?! Its true and hilariously pathetic. You guys just simply cant enjoy your success, you have to put down everyone else at the same time. 20 year old starts the season slow means he is a video game addict and a terrible player.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
What happened to those few vocal people who were so sure he would get 120+ points? The sad thing is that they are the ones who pump him up so ridiculously much that other fans want to say 'I told you so" but they are no where to be seen so its the other jets fans have to deal with it.

A few are still around recycling old excuses. The ones who assured us 70+g and 150pts havnt been around for a while, I agree the site has been alot more manageable with the absence of said posters.

Reactions: Lilou and Albi34

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Quite simply not a claim that stands up to scrutiny. Of course with the added claim that it's $800 TVs, maybe Laine just really want to optimize those Fortnite graphics.

Shawn Matthias was on the radio this morning and confirmed that Laine would by it at the beginning of a road trip, bring it to each city then leave it at the last hotel. I guess it was to stay consistent in his screen?

Its a crazy addiction, but could be worse, could be coke.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I find this bizarre. Does the team not stay in hotels nice enough with a new enough tv to support fortnite?

I believe he doesnt' buy a tv in every city, but in places he's not happy with the TV, I believe he' did that with Ehlers in the past.

Lovedemfanboys

Oct 25, 2017
So the Leafs fans(Toronto ten) are criticizing Laine for having a couple off-games but are also crying about the others criticizing Matthews for same reason?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
No one is questioning his shot.

It's everything else in his game that's in question, and rightfully so.
Yea i think there's something to the skating thing. The league has gotten much faster even just within the last two years.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
They were Finns not necessarily Jets fans.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yea i think there's something to the skating thing. The league has gotten much faster even just within the last two years.

The best young players like McDavid, Matthews, Mackinnon, Aho, Barkov, Pasta are all great skaters and can be all over the ice thanks to their skating.
They are impact players, a constant threat.
If Laine had skating on that level he'd be one of the best in the league, now he just has to wait for his chances too much, a complimentary player.

Reactions: TDK88

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Good thing it isn't a MMORPG.
I've seen better men than Laine lose their careers, wives, houses, etc over those types of games.

Shit happens.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
The best young players like McDavid, Matthews, Mackinnon, Aho, Barkov, Pasta are all great skaters and can be all over the ice thanks to their skating.
They are impact players, a constant threat.
If Laine had skating on that level he'd be one of the best in the league, now he just has to wait for his chances too much, a complimentary player.

What about Kapanen? Is he the fastest skater in the NHL?

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
In what way are they similar? Age? Playing style? Or are you limiting "like" to mean good wrist shots and offensive wingers? Seems like an awfully lazy comparison.

They are both floaters that need their team to carry them to success.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Such an over reaction. Goal scorers are streaky. Young players are streaky.. he’ll still score 40 plus goals this season. I don’t think anyone rationally thought he was the next Ovechkin. He’s practically this era’s Brett Hull and there’s nothing wrong with that. Also with the video games things.. who cares what he does when he’s in the hotel room. Some young players go to the clubs and party, some stay in their hotel room. Really what Jets management prefer?
I still remember getting pages upon pages of flak for saying he was closer to the next Brett Hull than Mario Lemieux.

Leafs fans have been praying for Laine to suck for 3 seasons now.

It is really kind of weird at their level of hate and obsession for Laine.
Jets fans are unfairly caught in the middle, most of them were happy to get Laine at 2, and understood Matthews should be going #1. But, when a certain group of over the top Laine fans (and a very small amount of Jets homers) went on for pages about Leafs making a mistake, saying they wished he was number 1 but are glad he isn't going to Toronto (because their fans are horrible because they think Matthews is better), saying Matthews may be better now, but won't in 3 years, this is what happens 3 years later when Laine is getting outplayed and isn't living up to their insane predictions.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I still remember getting pages upon pages of flak for saying he was closer to the next Brett Hull than Mario Lemieux.

Jets fans are unfairly caught in the middle, most of them were happy to get Laine at 2, and understood Matthews should be going #1. But, when a certain group of over the top Laine fans (and a very small amount of Jets homers) went on for pages about Leafs making a mistake, saying they wished he was number 1 but are glad he isn't going to Toronto (because their fans are horrible because they think Matthews is better), saying Matthews may be better now, but won't in 3 years, this is what happens 3 years later when Laine is getting outplayed and isn't living up to their insane predictions.
How is he not living up? He is one of the best teenager goal scorers ever. Can you tell me what people were expecting of him if a 40 goal scorer in the first two seasons is not enough :D?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Both fan bases have been irrational and beyond goofy with this debate. It’s not the natural consequences of one fan base’s actions. Sorry

Narow

Nov 11, 2016

It seems laine stagnated/regressed as a player and could not keep that insane development arc he had prior to the draft.

Since rookie season
*slightly stronger (?)
*less accurate shot
*shoots more
*creates less
*hits less (?)
*slightly faster(?)
*handles the puck worse
*handles the puck less
*turn over at an even higher rate (i think)
*has better advanced stats haha

That said he is a notoriously slow starter apparantly but last 2 games he barely seems nhl material and that he isent in the game like before and nowhere near the threat that rookie laine was. Matthews kept improving tho. Its far from over yet tho but things dont look great for laine now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce