What's up with Crosby?

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
On pace for 109 points. I’d say he’s just fine, he could get 75 points and I don’t care if they are in the playoffs he’s going to be a huge factor

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Crosby is catching fire. Just wait. Most teams are focusing now on Malkin's line. Leaves Crosby is the slightly easier match up. Now we are seeing the results when that happens....

Reactions: jj cale

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I think Crosby has always been tremendously overrated, especially after his concussion troubles.

He hasn't scored more than 89 points in a season since 2014. He's basically been a point-per-game player since he returned from concussions (after one big comeback year). A point-per-game player is still good, but not great by any means.
Yes, a mark that almost nobody in the NHL maintains year-to-year (point-per-game) isn't "great". Just good. You know, like a Wayne Simmonds or Ryan Nugent Hopkins level of ability.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
thread as premature but using these recent games as example is just as misguided

mike smith
trash canucks without their top dmen

wait until he faces a real team like the arizona coyotes (srs)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This board goes through this "What's wrong with Crosby" posts every season in the first month or two and each time, it looks foolish.

Crosby right now...

hHeGzmi.gif

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I think Crosby has always been tremendously overrated, especially after his concussion troubles.

He hasn't scored more than 89 points in a season since 2014. He's basically been a point-per-game player since he returned from concussions (after one big comeback year). A point-per-game player is still good, but not great by any means.

So the points leader in both the regular season and playoffs from 14/15 onwards is overrated?

And he is "overrated, especially after his concussion troubles"????

He won an Art, a Hart and two Lindsays in the two seasons following his concussion issues with a PPG of 1.38. The next best PPG in that time was 1.15

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
So the points leader in both the regular season and playoffs from 14/15 onwards is overrated?

And he is "overrated, especially after his concussion troubles"????

He won an Art, a Hart and two Lindsays in the two seasons following his concussion issues with a PPG of 1.38. The next best PPG in that time was 1.15

Dude I went on his wiki and it said 80 something points One time he even scored like 30 like that’s fourth liner stuff lol like just overhyped lol

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Crosby is still a monster, as is Malkin.

It seems to me that Crosby (14 points), Malkin (19 points) and Ovechkin (14 points) are starting to pick up steam once again, to answer the challenge of all these young superstars (McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon, etc.).

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
What I always appreciated about Crosby was his effort no matter what and it contrasted with Malkin big time, for most of their career. I will admit that more recently, it appears he'll often try to save energy with few shifts, or have more "off" games, but when he needs to be on, he's still able to bring that level.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
What I always appreciated about Crosby was his effort no matter what and it contrasted with Malkin big time, for most of their career. I will admit that more recently, it appears he'll often try to save energy with few shifts, or have more "off" games, but when he needs to be on, he's still able to bring that level.

He's definitely letting off the gas pedal nowadays. I'd say ever since the concussion issues, he never showed the kind of the drive he used to have to actually pile up points and challenge for the Art Ross.

You can see him when he suddenly flips a switch and chooses to be aggressive on the puck and work the corners, that's where he can just flat out dominate just about anybody in this league. But I feel like he seldom does that nowadays. He tries to use his teammates more, slows the game down, opens up lanes for his wingers... Which is fine, because in the playoffs he usually reverts to his more aggressive play style.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
5 games played and hasn't scored a goal yet. I thought he would come in blazing hot because of how well he played in the playoffs but no cigar yet. What's going on?

I wouldn't blame him for not giving a single **** about the RS though because he's a champion, and champions wait for the real games.

Since this thread has been made #3 in PPG behind MacRants, #3 in GPG.

Reactions: wizmet12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad