What's this years TV schedule like 2014-15

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
In Alberta you can watch every single NHL game on gamecentre

Well, not quite true. In Alberta, with Gamecentre (or Centre Ice) you would only get 78 of the Sens games actually (if we're speaking about live games). The 4 games vs. Calgary and Edmonton would be blacked out on those formats. You would have to watch them on cable.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Well, not quite true. In Alberta, with Gamecentre (or Centre Ice) you would only get 78 of the Sens games actually (if we're speaking about live games). The 4 games vs. Calgary and Edmonton would be blacked out on those formats. You would have to watch them on cable.

Nope. Rogers is showing all the Rogers games on gamecentre. That includes national, and regional. I was watching Flames vs Oilers on gamecentre last night

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
So happy I finally get to watch HD Senators games on Saturdays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For years Ive had to either get the awful intermittent streams on cbc.ca or the seemingly lower than standard def CBC ottawa feed that you can only get here if you have satellite which doesnt make sense for me as I get a %40 discount on cable since I work for the northern cable provider.

So friggin happy I can finally actually enjoy Saturday night hockey again.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
So happy I finally get to watch HD Senators games on Saturdays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For years Ive had to either get the awful intermittent streams on cbc.ca or the seemingly lower than standard def CBC ottawa feed that you can only get here if you have satellite which doesnt make sense for me as I get a %40 discount on cable since I work for the northern cable provider.

So friggin happy I can finally actually enjoy Saturday night hockey again.

So enlighten us??????? How, with whom?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Isn't it being aired on Sportnet One tonight? Please dont tell me that's regional only... excitement squashed!

Any Ottawa game on a Sportsnet channel is national.
TSN has all regional games.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Thankfully it's actually on GameCentre Live tonight! :yo:

Edit: SportsNet One was on 1 of my TV boxes tonight, but not the other boxes??????? Like WTF!

Last edited:

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I've been a cable subscriber since long before Rogers owned it in Ottawa but fortunately for me my current deal with Rogers ends this fall and coincidentally Bell telemarketers just called on Friday. I don't usually answer those but this call was of interest to me and at least the call display showed who it was. I told them exactly what I have with Rogers but not my current cost because I wanted to see if they could beat it. They made a competitive, attractive offer but I've heard of too many misunderstandings with verbal arrangements so I asked for a list of inclusions, waived install fees, included equipment, term and real monthly costs in writing. I made it clear that I wasn't interested in short term bait offers that expire in 2 -3 months. I'm expecting something soon. I'm still locked in for a couple of months but at least I'll know my options if Rogers doesn't include all the TSN channels in my bundle or make us a competitive offer. My wife is in full agreement and and we are not paying an extra dime to Rogers.

Ya, be careful, like you said about the misunderstandings with Bell, as they will give you a different price from your phone quote, once you commit and get your first bill.

Rogers did offer me $20.74 + tax for Cable Plus select, which gives me TSN5 + 8 other channels (29-38). Not bad, but that's $300 more a year.

I'm ready to go FTA, but the wife wants to keep basic Rogers, so I've decided, I will just get HockeyStreams.com

Oct 10, 2010
FTA could get expensive very quickly.

Channels can go down multiple times a week plus you factor in the costs for the best receivers 500-1000 and how many of them stop working after months/1year.

plus the payment you have to make every couple months if you don't know how to get the codes yourself.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
My bad, I was talking about an Antenna to get 13 local channels. It's only the initial cost of buying a good antenna for higher quality HD than a Rogers compressed digital HD box.

Nowadays, you can even buy PVR's for FTA! :yo:

I made an antenna out of a coathanger, a couple of screws, a block of wood and a dollar store transformer just to see if i could get a signal through the trees next to my building. The damn thing works so well I never bothered to buy one :P

looks similar to this.
ota_antenna.jpg

there are better ones you can build, for a fraction of the cost of something storebought, and it will probably last you longer. Plus it's fun.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I made an antenna out of a coathanger, a couple of screws, a block of wood and a dollar store transformer just to see if i could get a signal through the trees next to my building. The damn thing works so well I never bothered to buy one :P

there are better ones you can build, for a fraction of the cost of something storebought, and it will probably last you longer. Plus it's fun.

It's true, those are great, but limit you to about 8-10 channels, which in itself is remarkable, but with a big Antenna, you get more channels, and less digitized drop outs.

But you really can't complain, with a couple of dollars worth of parts, can you?

Every national game will be available on GameCentre Live

Even the games on TSN5, or is TSN5 just local Sens games?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

looks similar to this.
ota_antenna.jpg

That works for the digital OTA channels now?
I guess so long as your TV itself has the tuner?

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Any game on TSN is regional. And yes, TSN5 is the regional channel for the Ottawa area.

See, that's what confuses the (you know what) out of me. Next Sens game is in Florida, and is on TSN5, then the following game is in Ottawa, and is also on TSN5.

Is the game in Florida considered regional?????

ExpatHabsFan

Oct 6, 2014
See, that's what confuses the (you know what) out of me. Next Sens game is in Florida, and is on TSN5, then the following game is in Ottawa, and is also on TSN5.

Is the game in Florida considered regional?????

TSN only has rights to broadcast Sens games within the Sens broadcast region. It doesn't matter where the game is taking place. Any game scheduled to be broadcast on TSN5 is regional. Such games are available on TSN5 within the Sens broadcast region, and on GCL/CI outside of the broadcast region.

Games scheduled for CBC, City, SN, SN1, SN360, or FX-Canada are national, and are available everywhere in Canada both on that TV channel and on GCL.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
That works for the digital OTA channels now?
I guess so long as your TV itself has the tuner?

Im not really sure of the technical aspects of it, It's a newer TV with an old coax imput, just plugged some coax into the transformer and plugged it in. Scanned for new channels and I get about 10 of them. Come in crystal clear unless its a windy day.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Skimmed through the thread and couldn't find an answer.

Here's my issue. There was about ten games on the schedule last night, i have full rogers package minus center ice.....why were the only two games on (i could find) in french....how is TVA and RDS able to do this yet the other sports stations have to bow to regional restrictions? Maybe i have missed something but i find this very odd and i am just sort of curious what the rule is.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Skimmed through the thread and couldn't find an answer.

Here's my issue. There was about ten games on the schedule last night, i have full rogers package minus center ice.....why were the only two games on (i could find) in french....how is TVA and RDS able to do this yet the other sports stations have to bow to regional restrictions? Maybe i have missed something but i find this very odd and i am just sort of curious what the rule is.

French language broadcast rights are an entirely different ballgame from English language broadcast rights

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
Are you able to buy single games on hockeystreams.com live? Or is it only for the whole season like GCL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad