What's this years TV schedule like 2014-15

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
As most of you know, as of last season, most games were on SportsNet, with the usual CBC games (of course), and some going to TSN & TVA.

Will TSN now carry the brunt of the games, or will it still be SportsNet ???????

Anyone know what's going on? :help:

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I read on the business forums TSN is adding more channels.

TSN will be carrying most of our games in regional broadcasting so you have to be in the area. IDK about access if you're outside the Ottawa region.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=702894

The Ottawa Senators and Bell Media have reached a 12-year agreement that gives TSN and RDS regional broadcast rights to the team's games.

Under terms of the deal unveiled Wednesday, TSN will broadcast at least 52 regular-season and pre-season games regionally. RDS, TSN's French sister station, will carry at least 40 regular-season and exhibition contests.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I read on the business forums TSN is adding more channels.

TSN will be carrying most of our games in regional broadcasting so you have to be in the area. IDK about access if you're outside the Ottawa region.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=702894

iirc I saw an ad on tsn a while back that they would be showing 60 sens games. It was during an ad where they showed the amount of games they would show of each canadian team.
Also, here is the tv schedule currently http://senators.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm?season=20142015&gameType=2
There are 53 empty spaces in the regular season schedule and 7 in the pre-season schedule. So it is reaaonable to believe that those spaces will be filled by TSN.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
iirc I saw an ad on tsn a while back that they would be showing 60 sens games. It was during an ad where they showed the amount of games they would show of each canadian team.
Also, here is the tv schedule currently http://senators.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm?season=20142015&gameType=2
There are 53 empty spaces in the regular season schedule and 7 in the pre-season schedule. So it is reaaonable to believe that those spaces will be filled by TSN.

Yeah I definitely saw that commercial where they said TSN would be getting 60 games. The games that would typically be on sportsnet last year will be on TSN this year I think.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Yeah I definitely saw that commercial where they said TSN would be getting 60 games. The games that would typically be on sportsnet last year will be on TSN this year I think.

That's what I was afraid of! Having basic Rogers Cable you get the SportNet, but pay 2 arms & 2 legs to get TSN!

Puck! :rant:

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
That's what I was afraid of! Having basic Rogers Cable you get the SportNet, but pay 2 arms & 2 legs to get TSN!

Puck! :rant:

http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...new-channels-six-months-after-rogers-nhl-deal
On Tuesday, the network announced plans to introduce three “national feeds,†which will all be branded numerically, as ESPN has done in the United States. The channels will be known as TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5.
National means available to everyone?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
So glad we will be on TSN next year! No more 6:00 reruns from SN news during our intermissions!:laugh:

Hopefully TSN will provide local Ottawa coverage, not Toronto centric coverage, both before, during and AFTER the games. However, TSN has not been called the Toronto Sports Network without reason!

SensTopLine

Mar 6, 2013
Quebec (Province of)
So like, can anyone shed additional light to this TV deal? So if you don't live in the area, you're screwed? I thought Sportsnet bid farewell as Dean Brown gave his goodbyes on the final broadcast? Will games be shown on TSN on regular cable? Will they be making a TSN-OTT? Is it only with Bell? Only digital cable?

RadimBicanek

Mar 5, 2014
Canada
So if subscribed to Rogers basic cable(carried Sportsnet but no TSN) , I'd have to upgrade to package that includes TSN to watch Sens games this season, correct?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
OTTAWA GAMES WILL NOT BE BROADCASTED NATIONALLY.

Therefore, if you DO NOT LIVE IN OTTAWA and you have TSN, you still WON'T be able to watch the games.

Even if you have TSN, your TSN will play something different. Therefore your only choice is to move to Ottawa or to buy gamecenterlive/HS.

However, if you live in Ottawa, I'm pretty sure just need to go to TSN and you will view the Sens games as they will direct you there from their end.

My source is Brett Wallace.

So if subscribed to Rogers basic cable(carried Sportsnet but no TSN) , I'd have to upgrade to package that includes TSN to watch Sens games this season, correct?

Most likely. Although... Rogers basic should also have TSN... no? Here's what you do, call them and harass them to give you TSN. You shouldn't upgrade to bigger package that will cost you more for a channel that is known to be on cable TV.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
If I have to pay for extra TSN channels, b-bye sens :(

The new channels won't come at a cost for consumers, George Cope the CEO of BCE Inc. mentioned this during a shareholders meeting. One thing to remember the $2.75 a month we pay for TSN is peanuts to what TSN/Bell get from advertising. With more channels it means more eyeballs which means higher advertising revenue. That's what they're after. They're not after raising our $2.75 and pissing us off, they're after real major dough. This is the real reason why sports live programming has become so much in demand. Live tv has value, in that it brings in so many advertising commercials and spots for other companies to buy tv space. But they need the eyeballs to do it, so that's why TSN has taken this route. SN/Rogers has had this mindset for years. The more sports programming means the more product you have which means more eyeballs which means more commercial spots which hopefully in the end raises the amount of money companies have to pay for commercial time/space during games/events.

Last edited:

BadBallLaker

Jul 29, 2014
You should expect some more information on our broadcast schedules both French and English which games, etc., in the near future.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Even though I have TSN, and CBC (which should do me good for most of the games) I am still getting hockeystreams so I don't have to worry about the odd game on the premium channel, and when I am outside I can watch a game without subscribing to rogers one, on my phone or laptop. I can also switch between home and away broadcasts, on nights we are playing on CBC.

EastCoastSensFan

Mar 7, 2011
Pictou N.S.
It is really simple as far as who can watch goes............ if you watched on sportnet you can watch on tsn.......... the regional rights have not changed only the provider. Anyone living in the Ottawa region, some parts of Quebec and all of the maritime provinces will be able to watch games. Now could you need to add a channel, that's entirely up to tsn. They said you would not have to, cant see them backtracking on that before even the first season is started.

RadimBicanek

Mar 5, 2014
Canada
OTTAWA GAMES WILL NOT BE BROADCASTED NATIONALLY.

Therefore, if you DO NOT LIVE IN OTTAWA and you have TSN, you still WON'T be able to watch the games.

Even if you have TSN, your TSN will play something different. Therefore your only choice is to move to Ottawa or to buy gamecenterlive/HS.

However, if you live in Ottawa, I'm pretty sure just need to go to TSN and you will view the Sens games as they will direct you there from their end.

My source is Brett Wallace.

Most likely. Although... Rogers basic should also have TSN... no? Here's what you do, call them and harass them to give you TSN. You shouldn't upgrade to bigger package that will cost you more for a channel that is known to be on cable TV.

Thanks for response.
I get cheapest basic cable with digital adapter attached to older TV, only goes up to channel 28, than channels 60-70, and a few in the 90s. So yeah, will either have to get TSN, or look for online streams.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad