What's this years TV schedule like 2014-15

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
Anyone know where the regional boundaries are? I'm in Kingston and got Sens games with SportsNet last year, but I'm wondering if it will be the same with TSN5. I currently get TSN5 with my basic cable package but I'm not sure if the games will be blacked out...

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Anyone know where the regional boundaries are? I'm in Kingston and got Sens games with SportsNet last year, but I'm wondering if it will be the same with TSN5. I currently get TSN5 with my basic cable package but I'm not sure if the games will be blacked out...

I'm assuming the regions haven't changed. But I'm guessing.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

Karlsson2Turris*

Got a question regarding Gamecenter. (Sorry didn't want to start a whole new thread)

I heard if you are a Rogers internet customer, you can get it for free until January. But can you cancel it when it hits January or do you have to pay for the rest of the season too?

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Got a question regarding Gamecenter. (Sorry didn't want to start a whole new thread)

I heard if you are a Rogers internet customer, you can get it for free until January. But can you cancel it when it hits January or do you have to pay for the rest of the season too?

obviously you can cancel it :amazed:

Karlsson2Turris*

obviously you can cancel it :amazed:

What I meant was do you have to pay for the rest of the year beforehand (meaning is it free for half of the year or more life half off for the full year)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
What I meant was do you have to pay for the rest of the year beforehand (meaning is it free for half of the year or more life half off for the full year)?

My understanding is that if you have a subscription, you'll get the free preview without having to give your information? So you'll just have to either cancel before the preview is up so they don't charge you for the second half of the year, or it'll just stop working if you don't sign up.

Just try walking through the steps and see at what point it asks you for money maybe?

Karlsson2Turris*

My understanding is that if you have a subscription, you'll get the free preview without having to give your information? So you'll just have to either cancel before the preview is up so they don't charge you for the second half of the year, or it'll just stop working if you don't sign up.

Just try walking through the steps and see at what point it asks you for money maybe?

Alright thanks :)

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Rogers TV is giving free access to NHL Centre Ice between October 8 - 14. Good for the Sens first 3 away games, as well as other teams of course.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/nhl?setLanguage=en&asc_refid=nhl

1 THU Oct 09 8:00 PM PREDATORS
2 SAT Oct 11 7:00 PM LIGHTNING
3 MON Oct 13 7:30 PM PANTHERS

As well as GameCentre Live on Rogers Internet (as I previously mentioned)

https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com
The game against Tampa won't be on Centre Ice because it will be on SN1.

KarlsSons of Anarchy

Oct 8, 2014
Calgary
Sorry if this has been explained already but I was wondering what effect the TV deal has for Western Canadian fans. I'm in Calgary and was wondering if I would be able to watch games on TSN5. If so, it makes buying Game Center much less attractive. Is there the possibility that games will not only be blacked out on TSN5 but GC as well? If someone could recommend my best course of action to see as many Sens games as possible, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Sorry dude, even in Ottawa we aren't getting the full answer here.

But GC games shouldn't be blocked were you are, but possibly your TSN5 will only show local games like ours!

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Sorry if this has been explained already but I was wondering what effect the TV deal has for Western Canadian fans. I'm in Calgary and was wondering if I would be able to watch games on TSN5. If so, it makes buying Game Center much less attractive. Is there the possibility that games will not only be blacked out on TSN5 but GC as well? If someone could recommend my best course of action to see as many Sens games as possible, I'd greatly appreciate it.

original.jpg

This is an image off wiki I believe... but basically treat TSN for the next 12 years as you previously treated SN when it came to who would should what hockey where.

(there are slight border differences, but the below is roughly true)
TSN1 is equivalent to SN-P
TSN2 is equivalent to SN1/SN360
TSN3 is equivalent to SN-W
TSN4 is equivalent to SN-O
TSN5 is equivalent to SN-E

Also refer to this:
https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/blackouts

This helps figure out who is in what regions for TSN games as those are the ones that Rogers can't put on GCL.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Wow.

Tonight I'm not getting the Centre Ice (1 week free preview) because I am on Rogers Basic. Must have the sports package, I was told by tech support.

I am also not getting GamecentreLive on the internet because it says: Under Maintenance.

I hung up.

Looks like I'm definitely getting HockeyStreams now for sure!

**** YOU Rogers! :rant:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Wow.

Tonight I'm not getting the Centre Ice (1 week free preview) because I am on Rogers Basic. Must have the sports package, I was told by tech support.

I am also not getting GamecentreLive on the internet because it says: Under Maintenance.

I hung up.

Looks like I'm definitely getting HockeyStreams now for sure!

**** YOU Rogers! :rant:

YOu won't regret hockeystreams. 100 greenbacks for every pro hockey game on the continent and a whole bunch more.

If u do go for hockeystreams, I'd look into the VLC program. Eliminates all of the stutter that happens occasionally through browsers.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah, my stream tonight through VLC was solid. Also, much better with ethernet rather than wifi (but I suspect my internet stinks compared to many, even if the speed tests say 25... I don't believe them).

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

In Alberta you can watch every single NHL game on gamecentre

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
So does that mean the other 2 won't be on either, because they are on TSN5 ?????
Those 2 games will be on Centre Ice for those outside the Senators region because they are regional games on TSN5 (Senators region).

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Those 2 games will be on Centre Ice for those outside the Senators region because they are regional games on TSN5 (Senators region).

Not that I was surprised that the Sens weren't on CentreIce last night, due to it being on TSN5, it also wasn't on Gamecentre either, so I had to stream it.

So this "free week" on C.I. was useless to me, since I can't watch any Sens games and same with "GameCentre Live" which I get until Dec. 31.

Thank god for HockeyStreams, and **** you very much Rogers. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad