Post-Game Talk: What's This? We Beat Dubnyk? He is Human After All? Oilers 2-1 Over The Wild

Ergot

Pinko
Oct 4, 2014
GVA
Anyone wanna recap the quality of our play, I missed everything

First period was solid. Slow start. Poo put the Oil ahead 1-0 on a beauty pass from Ebs. Then a defensive clusterf**k in front of the Oil net allows Wild to tie it. Followed immediately by another nice goal by Poo from Ebs and Nuge. Nice pushback.

Not many positives to take away from the second or third apart from Scrivens' amazing performance. First star of the game for sure. We were lucky to win this one.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
RwOdsFW.gif

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Pouliot 2 - Wild 1

Solid 1st period. Maybe the best period of the season.

Scrivens was as square to the puck in this game as I have see him all season. he needed to be because the Wild dominated the last 40 minutes.

Pouliot with another strong effort. Scored the Oilers only goals and he made so many smart plays without the puck.

Arguably one of the Oilers best players this season.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Glad they won, but I am also glad I didn't watch. I saw the highlights and a few shifts here and there. Typical game against the wild in everything but the final result.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Should post this on the Wild board after they miss the playoffs by two points:

Just kidding, don't do that.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
First period was solid. Slow start. Poo put the Oil ahead 1-0 on a beauty pass from Ebs. Then a defensive clusterf**k in front of the Oil net allows Wild to tie it. Followed immediately by another nice goal by Poo from Ebs and Nuge. Nice pushback.

Not many positives to take away from the second or third apart from Scrivens' amazing performance. First star of the game for sure. We were lucky to win this one.

We beat the hottest team in the league on the road with a lineup that included at least 6 AHLers, missing 3 top 9 forwards. I'll take it.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
How did Klefbom and marincin play? Looks like they got some solid minutes.

Both were pretty good all things considered. Marincin was using his long reach very effectively knocking pucks of of sticks.
Klefbom continued his calm play for most of the night.

The Wild are just a far superior team to the Oilers so it was hard to gauge their performance because they (like every other Oiler defender) were on their heels most of the game.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
My recap

First line was very good tonight, especially in the first but only line with sustained pressure all night.

Klefbom/Marincin the two best blue lines IMO

Scrivens was unreal tonight.

Rough game for Gordon probably worst of the season, Roy's line was garbage without Yakupov... Which I don't mind proves he is the driver on that line. Fraser was horrible as well.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Glad they won, but I am also glad I didn't watch. I saw the highlights and a few shifts here and there. Typical game against the wild in everything but the final result.

They weren't trapping because they were down. It was a much better game to watch than the last one except for the fact that we only had one line clicking.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
How did Klefbom and marincin play? Looks like they got some solid minutes.

Klefbom was the primary culprit on the goal against but otherwise played ok.

Marincin was good but not great. Had a couple beauty defensive moments poking away pucks but still is no where near as good as he was last year or the beginning of this year. Just looks like he has a lost a step.

Edit #1: One of Schultz's better defensive efforts.

Edit #2: This game was 75% Scrivens 25% everyone else. He really did steal this one for us.

Last edited:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Klefbom was the primary culprit on the goal against but otherwise played ok.

Marincin was good but not great. Had a couple beauty defensive moments poking away pucks but still is no where near as good as he was last year or the beginning of this year. Just looks like he has a lost a step.

Looked like Marincin was keeping his game simple, defensively solid. Which he did, the only time we noticed him was when he made strong defensive plays. Couple more games like this and his confidence should come back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad