What's the major issue limiting Puljujärvi?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
If you read the thread there are lots of posters who have watched and followed him all year and all career who are also voicing they're concern.

How many players are even at the AHL level the year after they are drafted? Not many. Not every top 5 pick is going to be ready for the NHL right after their draft year, and the AHL is arguably the 3rd best league in the world. I think he will be fine.

But I also think Edmonton has a track record of bringing up guys too early into 3rd/4th line roles and not letting them play bigger minutes in the minors. Trial by fire in the NHL at age 18-21 can be unforgiving, and the Oilers dont have a great track record with it.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Chiarelli didn't do his research. When Jarmo passed on JP he ran up to the podium to quickly draft JP.

He didn't even know how to pronounce his name properly lol, prob because he didn't think JP was gunna be available. He shoulda stuck with his plan which was reported they were going to take sergachev at 4.

This one could really backfire if Sergachev becomes a star player.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Chiarelli didn't do his research. When Jarmo passed on JP he ran up to the podium to quickly draft JP.

He didn't even know how to pronounce his name properly lol, prob because he didn't think JP was gunna be available. He shoulda stuck with his plan which was reported they were going to take sergachev at 4.

If you did your research you'd know Jarmo purposely avoids drafting Finnish players in most scenarios, something he's said himself.

Also Dubois has been doing better than Pulju?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

I liked Sergachev but Jesse was a no brainer. Just as good a chance one of our current D prospects becomes better than Sergachev.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
he has the tools of a star player but does he have the toolbox? im afraid he will never be the player he was projected due to his lack of hockey IQ.. maybe thats the reason kekäläinen passed on him

One can never know. I watched Granlund closer than most other players because I had high hopes for him owning him in a keeper pool(it helps me care about the rest of the league haha) and until this year, he looked to be a gigantic disappointment too. I guess it's fun to speculate but these threads are always premature.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Don't think anyone has made any decisions on Pierre-Luc Dubois after putting up 55 points in 48 games. Impossible to compare these situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad