Salary Cap: What's the Maatta? Trade Prices too high? The Plotnikov thickens! Oh, Pou...liot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
it feels truly awful to have a loose cannon / senile GM at the controls. say what you will about Shero, there was at least the feeling he could pull off a heist. there's zippy chance GMJR makes a good bargain for whatever deal gets made.

Yep no ****. Shero was a shrewd trade negotiator. He knew his **** and did it well with trades.

His drafting was the equivalent of JR however.

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
I'd be okay with a 3 year, $3.25 deal for Ward. No doubt he can get more, but he's worth that as a 2/3 tweener for us because we are so damn soft otherwise. And its still a raise. Not going anywhere near the 4 X 4. I'm sure he could get that from someone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
If we can swing deals for Kessel and Marchand, we'd have completely fixed the top six once and for all.

I hope we can do it, but I doubt we even try. We're gonna end up with like Joel Ward and Marty St. Louis, and I'm just gonna ****ing vomitcry myself to sleep.

penguins2946*

Eklund is saying Kessel to Pittsburgh is close. He did nail the Lucic trade to LA before anyone today...

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
I know this may be laughed at, but if Sutter is moved, and Mike Richards is bought-out, I honestly wouldn't mind a one-year deal for Richards.

He may not be the player he used to be, but I still think he'd be a better option than Spaling, who'd be a lateral move from Sutter.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Eklund is saying Kessel to Pittsburgh is close. He did nail the Lucic trade to LA before anyone today...

When did he say this? He had this up an hour ago.

Edit: NVM found it.

Way too vague. Plus EK got lucky on Lucic I think. He has 100 informants. Prolly 2 of them are real.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
I know this may be laughed at, but if Sutter is moved, and Mike Richards is bought-out, I honestly wouldn't mind a one-year deal for Richards.

He may not be the player he used to be, but I still think he'd be a better option than Spaling, who'd be a lateral move from Sutter.

Set the bar a little lower, you might touch the 30th seed.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Right now is when y'all should be most-pissed about the Despres trade. If he was still on her roster, the Pens would have made a move by now. (It may have included him, but still)

This is why that trade killed me. Not cause he was moved ( I was a fan, but it had to be one of the Young Defensemen,) but because we traded a dollar for a bucket of wet sand and screwed ourselves

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam

Just save the money and let Sundqvist play. It's not like we're winning the cup anyway.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

You'd be wrong. Richards is a shell of his former self, not just "not what he once was."

He is not an upgrade over Spaling, and he'd be more expensive to booth.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010

This is what I was thinking too. A cheap 1 year deal and have him on the 4th line. Let Sundquist and Spaling take turns at #3 center

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Just save the money and let Sundqvist play. It's not like we're winning the cup anyway.

Heck, Tikhonov can compete with Spaling and Sundy for the 3C. Damn.

Also, I think Sutter is REALLY appealing to TOR, based on Shanny's comments on TSN. He likes players who hustle the puck. Sutter, at times, does indeed do that.

Don't know if he would be willing to pick up Kuni or Scuz tho for capdumps. They are the opposite of that.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Ya'll are wantin' the wrong Richards. Brad > Mike ainec.

Anyone wanting Mike Richards probably only wants him for 1 year, cheap and for the 4th line. Brad Richards wont want another 1 year deal, it wont be that cheap and he wont play on the 4th line

ObsessedCreative*

The brain trust has arrived!

latest

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Anyone wanting Mike Richards probably only wants him for 1 year, cheap and for the 4th line. Brad Richards wont want another 1 year deal, it wont be that cheap and he wont play on the 4th line

2 years at most and that's ok...

We'll get a flexible C/LW who can make our 2nd PP respectable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad