Salary Cap: What's the Maatta? Trade Prices too high? The Plotnikov thickens! Oh, Pou...liot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Shia-Labeouf-motivation-just-do-it.gif

KESSEL

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 11s11 seconds ago
The Bruins retained close to half of Lucic's cap hit/salary in order to make trade work with the cap-strung Kings

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ok well that makes a little more sense on LA's part. Still a bad trade though. Lucic is a shell of his former self. Not worth a 1st in a deep draft.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I, for one, am surprised Shanahan didn't say, "yeah, ready to accept the first offer for Phil we get. Really desperate to move him. Any deal. Im open like ___________"

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Shanny: Not going to say which players are going out, but unfortunately in the CAP ERA, you need a dance partner.

AHAA!!! Putting pressure on GMJR on the radio now?

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 11s11 seconds ago
The Bruins retained close to half of Lucic's cap hit/salary in order to make trade work with the cap-strung Kings

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Please. Let's get Marchand ASAP. If we only had our ****ing 1st round pick, we could've gotten Marchand and the Bruins could have the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th pick in the draft.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Shanny: Not going to say which players are going out, but unfortunately in the CAP ERA, you need a dance partner.

AHAA!!! Putting pressure on GMJR on the radio now?

Don't worry, GMJR will show Shanny. He'll trade double what Shanny wanted for Kessel to Chicago for Sharp just to prove a point.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Do you have a TYPE of player you're going for?

Shanny: Mike is attracted to players who play with a LOT of effort (not kessel?!?!). Commitment to back pressure. (SOUNDS LIKE SUTTER boys)

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Please. Let's get Marchand ASAP. If we only had our ****ing 1st round pick, we could've gotten Marchand and the Bruins could have the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th pick in the draft.

Jesus thats an insane take for what they would have given up. :laugh:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Right now is when y'all should be most-pissed about the Despres trade. If he was still on her roster, the Pens would have made a move by now. (It may have included him, but still)

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
I have a lot more trepidation that JR will sign Ward as opposed to over paying for Kessel. At least with Kessel you are getting a top 3 RW. I just don't want to see Maatta going the other way.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Right now is when y'all should be most-pissed about the Despres trade. If he was still on her roster, the Pens would have made a move by now. (It may have included him, but still)

its boiling up inside every time someone says we need a top 4 d-man or that we can't afford to move one of the kids on D.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 15s15 seconds ago
Marc Bergevin and Stan Bowman just had a friendly chat...

YES...BYE SHARP. PLEASE

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010

After the Despres trade, with JR still in charge, I really don't even give a **** anymore. I'd expect him to trade Crosby for Lovejoy at this point.

He really broke me giving two ****s emotionally about trades so I don't get crushed again.

Chili Goal

Professor of Goonism
May 27, 2009
Don't worry, GMJR will show Shanny. He'll trade double what Shanny wanted for Kessel to Chicago for Sharp just to prove a point.

it feels truly awful to have a loose cannon / senile GM at the controls. say what you will about Shero, there was at least the feeling he could pull off a heist. there's zippy chance GMJR makes a good bargain for whatever deal gets made.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I doubt Ward's even on JR's mind right now. That comes July.1st.
They had good talks. Back up plan possibly. Thats probably the extent of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna