Salary Cap: What's the Maatta? Trade Prices too high? The Plotnikov thickens! Oh, Pou...liot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Madden: "I KNOW THIS AS A FACT. THERE are Pens executives SCARED out of their minds of what Rutherford is ABOUT to do." (Madden sounded real sure of himself here. And the one guy we know he knows if Rickie Tocch. So, Tocch is an insider thru Madden that GMJR is going for a big move.)

(Madden expects a trade tonight thru tomorrow)

Quick! Someone slip a mickey into his prune juice!!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Madden said, "best thing about Kessel deal is: forces Perron to play FRIGGIN LW, like he's supposed to"

"Also, forces Kunitz and Dupuis to the third line. Which would be awesome"

Solid.

Then Said: If you get Kessel, might as well trade Bennett and Kapanen, because they will nvr get a chance here. Pens don't give young guys a chance.

To be fair... Beau and DPo for PK. Beau gets a place to show off his skill. DPo will look SICK w/ Babcock. PK will score a bunch of goals and be exciting but ultimately not the guy who pushes us over the edge... but at least a start.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Madden: "I KNOW THIS AS A FACT. THERE are Pens executives SCARED out of their minds of what Rutherford is ABOUT to do." (Madden sounded real sure of himself here. And the one guy we know he knows if Rickie Tocch. So, Tocch is an insider thru Madden that GMJR is going for a big move.)

(Madden expects a trade tonight thru tomorrow)

As long as Sid, Geno, and Maatta are all on the roster...

JR, dressed like a trader on Wall St: "**** it, LETS MAKE SOME TRADESSSS!!!"

I'd agree...speed>whatever Richards is bringing

"Veteran leadership"?... Lol

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Exactly what I was thinking. GO JR, GO FULLLL JR AND SCREW THE REST

zNgdryK.gif

I hope that no matter who gets Kessel, the return is very small.

You mean when WE get him :naughty:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hope that no matter who gets Kessel, the return is very small.

I know people will disagree, but I think Babcock is smarter than a lot of peopel think. When someone's name is out there like this - it just builds more and more overpayment. I disagree with many but I think it's all just a sham.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
As long as Sid, Geno, and Maatta are all on the roster...

JR, dressed like a trader on Wall St: "**** it, LETS MAKE SOME TRADESSSS!!!"

"Veteran leadership"?... Lol

And a broken body? SO yeah he'd fit right in...

AR5

Mar 7, 2014

(It's Ward)

Does this mean, TOR is going south? So ward backup plan?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Acquiring one of the best RWers in the game isn't "holding young players back"

Refusing to replace Glass or Adams with a young player is "holding developmental players back"

There are many cases you can point to and say, "The Pens failed to develop a player properly" acquiring Phil Kessel is not one of them, regardless of what happens to Beau Bennett and Kapenen afterwards.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Listening to TSN... and Shanahan is speaking, i don't think Kessel is going to be a Pens anytime soon at all..

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m1 minute ago
The Bruins retained close to half of Lucic's cap hit/salary in order to make trade work with the cap-strung Kings

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
At this point in time, any comments coming directly from a team source is meaningless unless it is an official announcement.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 11s11 seconds ago
The Bruins retained close to half of Lucic's cap hit/salary in order to make trade work with the cap-strung Kings

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

well its only one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad