Whats the deal with Varlamov?

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Totally off-topic, it would be awesome to have an "agreed" button besides the "like" button. I'm liking stuff I really don't like but agree with all the time. It probably looks like I'm hating the Avalanche. ^^

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Just the nicer version, and does not fit HF mentality lol.

I would also like a "Thank you" button next to the "like" button.

That is what this gif is for

giphy.gif

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Many are down on Francouz. I don’t see him remaining in the AHL as a negative or sign they won’t use him in the future.

He needed to get used to the NA game and he’s looked like an nhl GK when given the chance. Could easily see him either being their backup or even starter depending on what happens with Varly. Grub doesn’t seem like a major factor IMO.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Totally off-topic, it would be awesome to have an "agreed" button besides the "like" button. I'm liking stuff I really don't like but agree with all the time. It probably looks like I'm hating the Avalanche. ^^

There should be a bunch of options. When I saw Grubauer was in net and was on mobile I wanted to express something other than like.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
The deal is, if you get the nod, play as f***ing good as possible. That's all it is.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think Varly will start at least one playoff game unless we are winning the series. If we trail by 2 I could see Bednar starting him.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
Is Varly done here and trying to get another big deal elsewhere or does he take a team friendly deal to stick around a bit longer? Either way we still have some questions at (back up) goalie up coming.
Dater our most "inside" reporter said yesterday no deal has been offered yet to Varly and Varly complained about being on the bench in another interview I don't see a future for him with Avs.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I've got a soft spot for the guy and hate to lose him, but his inconsistency and injury history don't do him any favors. He can still be a lights-out goaltender, but those performances seem to come in smaller and smaller spurts lately.

I am glad the the Avs have him as playoff insurance, even if I hope they won't need him.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
There should be a bunch of options. When I saw Grubauer was in net and was on mobile I wanted to express something other than like.
It's like when someone shares bad news on social media and a ton of people like it. I can never bring myself to do it because I feel I'm endorsing it haha.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Dater our most "inside" reporter said yesterday no deal has been offered yet to Varly and Varly complained about being on the bench in another interview I don't see a future for him with Avs.
Did he actually complain? Have a link to the article?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Varly is going to go on and be a very good veteran goalie somewhere in probably a 1a/1b platoon with another young goalie. He probably won't be the workhorse he once was, but I could see something like Ryan Miller in Vancouver in his near future. Chicago looks like a good spot if Crawford is toast. Calgary for their inevitable goaltending collapse this playoffs. Columbus to replace Bob and platoon with Korpi.

Reactions: klozge

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Varly is going to go on and be a very good veteran goalie somewhere in probably a 1a/1b platoon with another young goalie. He probably won't be the workhorse he once was, but I could see something like Ryan Miller in Vancouver in his near future. Chicago looks like a good spot if Crawford is toast. Calgary for their inevitable goaltending collapse this playoffs. Columbus to replace Bob and platoon with Korpi.

Don't know why everybody keeps forgetting about Elvis...

Varly will go somewhere that has goalie issues where he thinks he can grab the #1 spot. Carolina seems prime...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they kept their current goalies given Darling's contract and making the playoffs, in an effort to not rock the boat too much. Just IMO.

I imagine they will buyout Darling and run with Mrazek and another option. McElhinney will probably return, but I'd expect they will try to upgrade him and run him more as a #3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad