What's the deal with Ryan Ellis?

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I thought we found our from someone here that it was a groin injury. Ellis isn't a big enough star for people to dig that much. You can get by missing a 2nd pairing D man. Your star goalie is a much bigger impact.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I had heard/read somewhere that it was a groin injury and since they take awhile to recover from I wasn't that surprised not to hear much. Sounds like he's heading in the right direction if he's skating. Looking forward to seeing him back in the lineup.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
groin pull recovery time is always so difficult to judge.. it's always a matter of how badly it's really pulled.. good to hear he's at least back on ice... typically that means he's only a game or two away from returning

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
was Ellis on the ice tonight because he's actually close or just so his warmup jersey could be auctioned?

did anyone watch him in warmups and see if he was really skating hard and making cuts, etc...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
was Ellis on the ice tonight because he's actually close or just so his warmup jersey could be auctioned?

did anyone watch him in warmups and see if he was really skating hard and making cuts, etc...

Was he even on the ice tonight? I thought he just skated before the team's morning skate.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
they made those jerseys for all the roster guys (there was a Jokinen and a Volchenkov) ... except maybe no Stalberg. As for Ellis, it still looks to be a week to 10 days before his return. He skated but has not been cleared for contact drills.

pekkaslap

Jul 8, 2011
Regardless, I'm pleased he is only out a little while longer. I had pretty much resigned myself to him being out until April. If we could potentially get him back by the trade deadline that would be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad