OT: What's the deal with OSEG?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Who are these people complaining about $25-30 ticket prices for the Senators? Back up your statement with proof.

Have you looked at the Senators attendance thread on this very board? Attendance numbers at Fury games is another item I'd like to submit as evidence.

I don't think I need more proof.

Now, to be fair, it sounds like there is a whole lot of sports league politics involved with the Fury shutting down so it isn't just an attendance issue.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Have you looked at the Senators attendance thread on this very board? Attendance numbers at Fury games is another item I'd like to submit as evidence.

I don't think I need more proof.

Now, to be fair, it sounds like there is a whole lot of sports league politics involved with the Fury shutting down so it isn't just an attendance issue.
They put in 15 million towards the Fury team and never made a profit.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I went to the Grey Cup in Ottawa. That was friggin cold.

Soccer is different. There's quite a different mentality between soccer and football players. You don't see any romanticism in soccer over playing a big game in the snow. And Toronto is generally warmer than Ottawa.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

I've posted in the attendance thread so have you looked at it? Suggesting minor league soccer attendance numbers is evidence that Senators fans are complaining about cheap ticket prices is idiotic.

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
I would imagine the weak canadian dollar has a role to play. I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine the players contracts are drawn up in USD, so the "middle of the pack attendance" doesn't really help ownership when all their revenue is in Canadian dollars. Not to mention all the road trip costs too.

I've been to two games(I live in the GTA) and the attendance was very low both times. Sad to see them fold :(

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Has it been speculated that OSEG would support an Expos affiliate if Montreal gets them back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad