OT: What's the deal with OSEG?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
They're not making a profit and need to ask for more control of the site from the city.
They cut down the RedBlacks Roster(was the GM told to do so?)
The coach quit
Now they have lost their Soccer team.
Ottawa 67's attendance is back to pre 1998 numbers

With all the money the city pumped into the Lansdowne project seems they are not very good at managing it.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
There not making a profit and need to ask for more control of the site from the city.
They cut down the RedBlacks Roster(was the GM told to do so?)
The coach quit
Now they have lost their Soccer team.
Ottawa 67's attendance is back to pre 1998 numbers

With all the money the city pumped into the Lansdowne project seems they are not very good at managing it.
I'm thinking the RedBlacks will be for sale sooner than later.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
They wanted to be in USL and cannot because 3 different entities need to put them forward and are not so they are just shutting down the team.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They wanted to be in USL and cannot because 3 different entities need to put them forward and are not so they are just shutting down the team.
Well that's a damn shame. From what I understood, their attendance was pretty solid and they were doing well at developing a fan base.

Reactions: BK201

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I heard the exact opposite. Attendance was horrible.

That's too bad I've gone a couple times even though I don't really care for soccer and always had a good time. I think they only open up 1/2 the seats for the games though. The food was good and if you got a sweet the buffet was good too tbh.

Reactions: NB613

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Still I felt it was weird that the RedBlacks would let so many good players leave and literally tank their season before it began. the coach quitting topped it all off.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
I read on the score it was a normal occurrence to announce 5000 visitors while there where maybe 1500 in the stands.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Really disappointed that the Fury are shutting down. I've always gone to 1 or 2 games per year with my kids and had a very good time.

Don't really understand the rules and/or politics that are forcing them out of the USL ... or why they wouldn't just play in the CPL?

Does this just further prove that Ottawa is simply not a sports town? I know so many people who claim to be big soccer fans, can talk about their favourite team in the EPL, are glued to the TV for the World Cup ... but I never hear them say they went to a Fury game.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Really disappointed that the Fury are shutting down. I've always gone to 1 or 2 games per year with my kids and had a very good time.

Don't really understand the rules and/or politics that are forcing them out of the USL ... or why they wouldn't just play in the CPL?

Does this just further prove that Ottawa is simply not a sports town? I know so many people who claim to be big soccer fans, can talk about their favourite team in the EPL, are glued to the TV for the World Cup ... but I never hear them say they went to a Fury game.
The same. I know a lot of people who love Soccer but never go to Fury games.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Were they not losing 2 million a season?

At the end of the day, if they get shut out of the league via sanctioning process, they can't play regardless of how much or how little they make. Unless you can show that they got refused sanctioning because of revenue issues, how much they made isn't really part of the equation.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Were they not losing 2 million a season?

I'd wager most North American professional soccer teams are on the losing end of the ledger.

The RedBlacks are a bit of an oddity, though. It could be a case of ownership wanting to move to something else (maybe they're looking at owning a bigger sports team in the city and can't handle both franchises at once?)...or someone having too much success with those finals appearances and championship and suddenly thinking he's the smartest guy in the room, and screwing up royally. Or it could be a case of the organization taking a preemptive move to rebuild before they needed to. Who knows?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
At the end of the day, if they get shut out of the league via sanctioning process, they can't play regardless of how much or how little they make. Unless you can show that they got refused sanctioning because of revenue issues, how much they made isn't really part of the equation.
It is if this was part of the plan for OSEG to look like they had no choice. Public perception is all that counts. Maybe OSEG was hoping for this decision so they could cut ties with the team.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It is if this was part of the plan for OSEG to look like they had no choice. Public perception is all that counts. Maybe OSEG was hoping for this decision so they could cut ties with the team.

Not everything needs to be a conspiracy...

Reactions: Deku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad