Speculation: What's going on with Judd Brackett?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I cannot imagine a more thankless, annoying, unpleasant activity.

It’s definitely not easy. I think one would do it out of a sense of duty or service to HF, rather than it being fun or rewarding. Just IMO.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I’d be comfortable with giving him a promotion in title while keeping his duties the same. We’ve seen what happens when a scout is put in the spot of management; it doesn’t work too well. Bracket is perfect in his role.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Brackett wants GM but Weisbrod feels he has seniority. Team wants Brackett to marinate as AGM. Benning becomes Pres.

Would be my daytime soap opera guess. My inside information comes from random voices in my head.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
You’re really going to dispute that “vision” and “sees” aren’t synonyms? This place is ridiculous sometimes.
Well one's a verb and the other's a noun, so no they're not synonyms.

Secondly, and I will re-iterate. There is zero mention anywhere that this is about the vision, direction, future, whatever synonym you want to use, of the team. The report from Friedman specifies that this is about Brackett's own role within the organization structure, and where he fits in with the Canucks. It's about his job title and responsibilities, not about the team itself.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
not surprise that Taj dude phrased the interview in his own favourite

so basically they haven’t agree on what’s his role in the organization for the future. I think this is part of negotiation process, we’ll see how it plays out

well the masthead test suggests he's got a point

if you look at the amount of attention friedman is giving the guy and then you look at how he is presented on the canuck org chart, there's an obvious disconnect.

bracket is not part of hockey operations and he's not the first person listed on the scouting staff, which is the fourth group listed on the website. overall he's the 18th name you come across scrolling down.

that's definitely a good way to lose a key guy.

the other comment is the "chief amateur scout" and "associate chief amateur scout" titles have always made me wonder how that group is structured. no such titles exist in pro scouting, and the persons attached to those titles look like guys who would have a direct line to benning and a strong say on players across the board. thus, even if brackett has final say, he's got to have final say in a way that gets along with those guys.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Well one's a verb and the other's a noun, so no they're not synonyms.

Secondly, and I will re-iterate. There is zero mention anywhere that this is about the vision, direction, future, whatever synonym you want to use, of the team. The report from Friedman specifies that this is about Brackett's own role within the organization structure, and where he fits in with the Canucks. It's about his job title and responsibilities, not about the team itself.

Trying to argue trivial semantics is pointless.

I said they don’t share the same vision - whether that’s for his job duties or the direction of the team remains to be seen. The tweet was fairly ambiguous, although I would agree that it’s more likely related to his job duties (based on this tweet along with other previous rumours). None of this contradicts what I previously posted though, so I don’t know why you felt the need to get into this petty disagreement. Re-read my previous posts, we’re not in disagreement lmao.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
well the masthead test suggests he's got a point

if you look at the amount of attention friedman is giving the guy and then you look at how he is presented on the canuck org chart, there's an obvious disconnect.

bracket is not part of hockey operations and he's not the first person listed on the scouting staff, which is the fourth group listed on the website. overall he's the 18th name you come across scrolling down.

that's definitely a good way to lose a key guy.

the other comment is the "chief amateur scout" and "associate chief amateur scout" titles have always made me wonder how that group is structured. no such titles exist in pro scouting, and the persons attached to those titles look like guys who would have a direct line to benning and a strong say on players across the board. thus, even if brackett has final say, he's got to have final say in a way that gets along with those guys.

I could be very wrong about this but I could have sworn his name used to be higher on that page, as well.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Like I asked in another thread, the only time Directors of Amateur Scouting leave voluntarily is to follow a GM or AGM to another team. More often than not, Directors of Amateur Scouting survive regime changes. I don't think Brackett is going anywhere unless he's leaving the NHL.

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad