OT: What's Better: Fresh or Canned Cranberry Sauce ?

What's better? Fresh or canned cranberry sauce

• Total voters

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I can't edit the question....

Can the Mods help?

The poll question should be the same as the thread title

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I like cranberry juice and the smell of cranberry but find cranberry sauce either too tart or far too sweet for my liking.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I don't want to burn my apartment down trying to cook
Most people don't cook with live fire no more... it's pretty safe with a minimum of good decisions. Have you not watch your mom cook before ?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Though I actually made cranberry sauce in the instant pot last year, it's pretty easy. Take like 8 oz of cranberries, a teaspoon of honey, and some orange juice, an optional sprinkle of cinnamon, pressure cook it, then blend it together and let it set in the fridge. Good stuff.

Reactions: Gordoff

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Most people don't cook with live fire no more... it's pretty safe with a minimum of good decisions. Have you not watch your mom cook before ?

If I learned to cook by watching my mother, I'd starve to death. She couldn't make ice cubes, even with a recipe, and once burned a pot of water. My dad, on the other hand was a gourmet cook, so we definitely ate well.

As to the poll, canned, homemade, jellied, whole berry, orange, spiced; any cranberry is good for me.

Reactions: Spooner st

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Pastrnak is a national treasure

I prefer fresh but I can do canned as well.

I’ll do anything cranberry. I’m currently drinking a cranberry downeast cider. Cranberry is the best.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Though I actually made cranberry sauce in the instant pot last year, it's pretty easy. Take like 8 oz of cranberries, a teaspoon of honey, and some orange juice, an optional sprinkle of cinnamon, pressure cook it, then blend it together and let it set in the fridge. Good stuff.
I may have to give that a go. Thanks!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We always put out the Ocean Spray jellied canned sauce in the center of this tray. Sweet gherkins in one compartment, olives in one caddy-corner from the gherkins, and cubed Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar cheese in the remaining two compartments.

One of my favorite Thanksgiving memories is watching my dad putting this tray together every year. Mom gave it to me a couple years ago. It's nothing special as kitchenware goes, but I love the memories associated with it.

I have always loved Thanksgiving. :heart: But not cranberry sauce lol

20211118_192430.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad