Post-Game Talk: What's a "tripping"??? Pens 0 - 2 Trap

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
You know, during the dark days, between Jagr being dealt and the lockout, when we were atrocious, I still had quite a passion for this team... they stunk, but I never really missed watching a game unless work or family got in the way...

last night I watched at a BWW out in the Midwest... about midway through the third period, they switched the feed to some NBA game... I didn't even complain... I just figured it was better that way... I even assumed the loss and went to bed without checking... that is where this team is at right now... I am assuming other hardcore fans are disinterested from years of PR spinning taking precedence over actual hockey.
Its just bad...

All year this board has stated that the top 6 was in need of a lot more help... not a damn thing was done to fix malkin's line or to shore up scoring depth in the case of an injury... Comeau was not an answer, and Kunitz is not either

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
I am assuming other hardcore fans are disinterested from years of PR spinning taking precedence over actual hockey.

I, for one, am extremely frustrated over the PR spin when I'd be much more interested in reading critical and reasonable articles about what's cooking.

During the Dark Days, following the team was still exciting, in a weird way, even though it was guaranteed that we'd lose.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
You know, during the dark days, between Jagr being dealt and the lockout, when we were atrocious, I still had quite a passion for this team... they stunk, but I never really missed watching a game unless work or family got in the way...

last night I watched at a BWW out in the Midwest... about midway through the third period, they switched the feed to some NBA game... I didn't even complain... I just figured it was better that way... I even assumed the loss and went to bed without checking... that is where this team is at right now... I am assuming other hardcore fans are disinterested from years of PR spinning taking precedence over actual hockey.
Its just bad...

All year this board has stated that the top 6 was in need of a lot more help... not a damn thing was done to fix malkin's line or to shore up scoring depth in the case of an injury... Comeau was not an answer, and Kunitz is not either

I haven't even watched a game since before Boston. Listened a bit on the radio to all of them as I had better places to get to, but I recorded them and never even bothered watching any. No point

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house

Its just bad...

I'm the same way. Can't stand the broadcasts, the arena circus, or the softball reporting. The fact of the matter is you can't get an honest take on this team, at least at the time things are happening.

In terms of watching NJ, I figured it was a great game to miss and I was right. I could just tell from how they played over the weekend with those injuries that that was more or less how the Devils game would go. They are so devoid of emotion/drive it really is amazing to see.

As for adding to the roster, Rome wasn't built in a day. They've made strides to change the team this year and Comeau isn't really a knock against JR considering what he's done. Hopefully he hasn't gone cold though....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad