OT: Whatcha Drinkin' Part III: It's a Trilogy!

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
Pickles are great, pickle juice? Not so much.
It's funny as there's actually a pickle juice based sports drink that sponsors my nephew's Tier-II junior team. The amount of electrolytes allegedly prevents and heals moderate cramping and contains natural sugars unlike Gatorade and Powerade and what not.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Going to go with a classic... Johnnie Walker Black with water ice prior to the game...

17137G_johnnie-walker_black-label_700_gravur_1.jpg

During the game, Honey Weiss

HoneyWeiss_0.png

fgobuzz

Dec 10, 2010
Kentucky
Love Scotch. Consistently drool over your posts. I generally have stuck to Johnnie Red & Black. Would love to hear your thoughts on your seemingly unending supply and variations so I can be better prepared for next season...

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Love Scotch. Consistently drool over your posts. I generally have stuck to Johnnie Red & Black. Would love to hear your thoughts on your seemingly unending supply and variations so I can be better prepared for next season...
I always have a bottle of black as well, but that one I drink with lots of ice and water.

The Gold reserve is much more refined by comparison, a significant citrus hint. Doesn't have the smokey flavor that most other Johnnie Walker blends tend to have.

Last edited:
Reactions: fgobuzz

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Went to total wine to pick up a new bottle of Glenfiddich 15, while doing so, another also caught my eye.

Shieldaig 18... the citrus flavor with flowery notes and hint of spice flavor profile sounded interesting, so added a bottle to my collection.

11b80f77-af10-417d-811a-23f2bb2af0ff_IMD+Shieldaig+Speyside+18yo.jpg

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Went to total wine to pick up a new bottle of Glenfiddich 15, while doing so, another also caught my eye.

Shieldaig 18... the citrus flavor with flowery notes and hint of spice flavor profile sounded interesting, so added a bottle to my collection.

A strong caramel citrus flavor to start, lemony finish.

2 splashes of water, 2 cubes of ice :thumbu:

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I'm not much of a scotch man, but have you ever tried The Dalmore 15 year aged? That stuff is the only scotch I've been able to drink neat without making a face. Ok fine, without making much of a face. I imagine the 18 and 21 would be even better, but at that price point I'm basically stealing from my kids college accounts.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm not much of a scotch man, but have you ever tried The Dalmore 15 year aged? That stuff is the only scotch I've been able to drink neat without making a face. Ok fine, without making much of a face. I imagine the 18 and 21 would be even better, but at that price point I'm basically stealing from my kids college accounts.

I make a face too when I drink scotch. It's usually a happy face unless it's utter trash.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I have not, but I'll look into it, always looking to add another quality scotch to my collection

Wabit

May 23, 2016
We're going to a party tomorrow. TBF it's a neighborhood party so they had to invite us. Made a quick and easy drink to share.
1:1 pinot grigio and coconut rum,
a can of pineapple rings (frozen chunks would be better, but they are expensive)
a jar of maraschino cherries,
pineapple juice
ice

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln