OT: Whatcha Drinkin' Part II: The Sequel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
DSC_8269.jpg

Duvel Tripel Hop 2014. Saaz Saaz, Styrian Golding and Mosaic. 9.5%. Now this is a Beer. Tropical fruit, citrus, pepper so that it explodes in your mouth. A real flavor punch. Regular Duvel is good, this is amazing. 5/5.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Been enjoying gin and tonics lately, or whiskey and Sprite.

The only gin and tonic I have ever had was with some cheap Seagrams gin. I did not like it at all. I've always wanted to try a gin and tonic with better gin, to see if there would be a difference.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
The only gin and tonic I have ever had was with some cheap Seagrams gin. I did not like it at all. I've always wanted to try a gin and tonic with better gin, to see if there would be a difference.

If you're drinking gin I would suggest Tanqueray. It's worth the extra cost. Also, try Tanqueray Rangpur with ginger ale. That's an interesting taste.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.

There might be a difference, or you might be like me and after buying one everyone swears up and down is the best, you realize juniper berries just make booze taste like someone made tea with a pine tree car freshener. That's what they do.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Guinness' new blonde lager is surprisingly good.

I'm not typically a fan of lagers, or much in the realm of light beer to begin with, but this isn't quite so punchy with the hops.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
DSC_8269.jpg

Duvel Tripel Hop 2014. Saaz Saaz, Styrian Golding and Mosaic. 9.5%. Now this is a Beer. Tropical fruit, citrus, pepper so that it explodes in your mouth. A real flavor punch. Regular Duvel is good, this is amazing. 5/5.

that does look awesome. haven't seen that version of Duvel around here

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Guinness' new blonde lager is surprisingly good.

I'm not typically a fan of lagers, or much in the realm of light beer to begin with, but this isn't quite so punchy with the hops.

I've been meaning to look for that at the liquor store ever since I saw a commercial for it, but I keep forgetting.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
I've been meaning to look for that at the liquor store ever since I saw a commercial for it, but I keep forgetting.

It's worth a try, if you don't mind the Guinness price tag. I think that's my only real beef, it's priced like it's exceptionally unique, and, while my experience isn't terribly wide-ranging, it doesn't seem THAT different from other similar options.

That said, I'm enjoying it all the same.

DaDucks*

Dohkay :laugh:

That's a random picture from Google.

Besides, there's a bottle of Bacardi in there. Being a ducks fan, you should know by now that Bacardi induces wicked clap bombs.

That makes sense. I thought maybe you moved into your grandma's pad after putting her in a home.

Oh I saw the barcardi.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Stone RuinTen IPA. This brew is pretty close to perfection. Ridiculous load of juicy American hops with a full and rich body to back it up. Found this gem in the Brewdog Brewpub here in Edinburgh. All their stuff is quality, too.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Got some Captain Morgan White Rum today. Haven't tried it yet.

Working my way through my first drink with my gf's Kinky liquer. Girly drinks are good starts to the night.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Checked out Oliphant Brewing in Somerset, WI. Cool place, even nicer guys who own/brew. It's pretty much two guys about my age who started it up and it's located in a larger garage behind a liquor store. Sort of crazy but I had all their offerings that were on tap and everything was extremely well done.

13% Belgian Strong called BORT
B1X8yBBIYAAHXX8.jpg

Amazingness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad