Tribute What would your all time Canucks team look like?

ManoWarrior

Jul 24, 2010
Sedin - Sedin - Petterson
Naslund - Bertuzzi - Bure
Miller - Kesler - Linden
Burrows - Malhotra - Hansen
Adams

Edler - Salo
Hamhuis- Tanev
Ohlund - Jovo
Hughes

Luongo
McClean

Last edited:

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
@Art of Sedinery -Adams scored that goal against the Leafs in 1994 not 2013. In 2013, the Leafs were collapsing against the Bruins while Greg Adams was likely taking an old man nap after having played a round of golf.
Let's see. I am going to go with.....it was a trap to see if anyone was paying attention. Or I could just go with honesty and say, it was long ago and I rushed that off. I have been to a final round game in all four of the times they made it to the final. It was long ago and things drift together.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

ManoWarrior

Jul 24, 2010
Why do you have Pettersson on RW and Bertuzzi as a center? Might as well put Jacob Markstrom on left wing while you’re at it.

Wanna keep the Naslund-Bertuzzi chemistry together and make sure Bure is in the top six and away from the bottom six which can both be proper defensive lines. I think the Sedins would utilise Petterson's skills (finding open space and shooting) well.

As noted, Bertuzzi has also played center plus is a hell of a playmaker. Canucks have quite a weak history at center.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
Ummm....where'd I get the fourth series from. I must have been channelling my 1915 dream team with Cyclone Taylor.

Nov 1, 2011
(extras: Mogilny/Ronning)

Mogilny's 55G, 107PTS season is one of the best season in Canucks' history...he outscored prime Linden, who was 2nd on the team in scoring by 27 pts.

He had injury troubles here but that season alone puts him in the top 6.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
More based on my all time Canucks opposed to the team in general. Keeps somebody like Mogilny who had one of the best singular seasons in the uniform but not really somebody I think as a Canuck.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alexandre Burrows
Markus Naslund - Brendan Morrison - Todd Bertuzzi
Greg Adams - Elias Pettesson - Pavel Bure
Tony Tanti - Ryan Kesler - Trevor Linden

HM: Geoff Courtnall - Cliff Ronning - Stan Smyl

Mattis Ohlund - Christopher Tanev
Alexander Edler - Christian Ehrhoff
Jyrki Lumme - Sami Salo

HM: Dan Hamhuis - Adrian Aucoin

Roberto Luongo
Kirk McLean

Other all time Canucks for me are the likes of Petri Skriko, Martin Gelinas, Jarkko Ruutu, Kevin Bieksa, Doug Lidster and others that the names are escaping me. Also, for whatever reason always had an infatuation for random goalies like Troy Gamble, Felix Potvin (shhh, have a Leafs jersey with his name and number on it) and Mika Noronen (was supposed to be the next one). I have no recollection of Gradin so I don't have him on there.

Reactions: EastEnderVan

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
^The Province just did a good piece on Troy Gamble the other day. A good read. They’ve been profiling some less prominent Canucks Alumni from years past of late, and catching up with where they are now.

Reactions: EastEnderVan

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I started watching in 2007 so I'll do my era.

Sedin Sedin Pettersson
Miller Kesler Burrows
Samuelsson Horvat Boeser
Richardson Malhotra Hansen
HM: Bonino, Kass

Edler Tanev
Hughes Salo
Hamhuis Bieksa
HM: Ehrhoff

Luongo
Markstrom

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I'm trying to incorporate who I think would work well together

Naslund - EP - Bertuzzi (EP is on track to be near the top of the list of all-time Nucks)
Sedin - Sedin - Mogilny (Almo was underrated in other aspects of the game)
Adams - Linden - Bure (arguably the best playoff line we ever iced?)
Miller - Kesler - Burrows

HM: Geoff Courtnall, Horvat, Ronning, Tanti

Hughes - Tanev
Ohlund-Salo (25 minutes of solid hockey)
Edler-Lumme

HM: Ehrhoff, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Willie M, Babych, Lidster

Really a tougher list to make than I initially thought. There have been a lot of really good players over the years.

Last edited:

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Naslund EP Bertuzzi
Bure Gradin Mogilny
Linden Kesler Courtnall
Ronning

Ohlund Lumme
Salo Ehrhoff
Hamhuis Jovo
Edler

Luongo
McLean

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Not sure Sedin Sedin EP is a great line, BUT

But the best power play ever would be Sedin Sedin EP Hughes and Bure.

Perhaps the least physical line ever, but oh my god they could compete with any line in history .....

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Sedin-Sedin-Bure
Naslund-Pettersson-Mogilny
Bertuzzi-Kesler-Linden
Adams-Gradin-Burrows
HM: Tanti

Jovo-Ohlund
Hughes-Hamhuis
Salo-Lumme
HM: Reinhart

Luongo
McLean
HM: Schneider

Reactions: Jack Burton

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

Perhaps the least physical line ever, but oh my god they could compete with any line in history .....

That could be the most talented, but I feel they need the right hand shot. Maybe put Salo out there?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

That could be the most talented, but I feel they need the right hand shot. Maybe put Salo out there?

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Some notes:

You can't have Bure and Mogilny on the same line together. It was tried and it doesn't work. It's like Gretzky and Robitaille on the same line. Also, both have to be on the top line as do the Sedins or they don't produce (to their potential). One of them Russians would have to go unfortunately.

Sedin Sedin Bertuzzi worked well that one time time Naslund was targeted for injury just before the playoffs.

Bertuzzi (and Naslund) need a center who can play defensively on their line. Bert is terrible in his own end. I think it was Geoff Sanderson who played an excellent third forward on that line before Morrison came to center them. Another great scorer on their line instead would hurt it.

Point being, great players more often than not need role players to compensate for the things that they don't do. The difference between the West Coast Express days and the Sedin years is the Kesler line. Its why Team Canada took Linden over Recchi for the Olympics year (Recchi eventually got in thanks to injury?) - they had enough pure scorers and needed to balance the team. That's often what these lists don't reflect.

defensive forward-scorer-power forward
mucker-two way centerman-secondary scorer
mucker-defensive forward-trouble maker
goon-energy forward-mucker

quarterback-defensive defeneman
rushing defenseman-defensive defenseman
goon-random call up

oversized butterfly goalie (that can handle the puck?)
young or aging veteran oversized backup fighting for a job that isn't a liability

Last edited:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

goon-random call up

young or aging veteran oversized backup fighting for a job that isn't a liability
Someone's been playing lots of NHL 20 during quarantine.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Some notes:

You can't have Bure and Mogilny on the same line together. It was tried and it doesn't work. It's like Gretzky and Robitaille on the same line. Also, both have to be on the top line as do the Sedins or they don't produce (to their potential). One of them Russians would have to go unfortunately.

Sedin Sedin Bertuzzi worked well that one time time Naslund was targeted for injury just before the playoffs.

Bertuzzi (and Naslund) need a center who can play defensively on their line. Bert is terrible in his own end. I think it was Geoff Sanderson who played an excellent third forward on that line before Morrison came to center them. Another great scorer on their line instead would hurt it.

Point being, great players more often than not need role players to compensate for the things that they don't do. The difference between the West Coast Express days and the Sedin years is the Kesler line. Its why Team Canada took Linden over Recchi for the Olympics year (Recchi eventually got in thanks to injury?) - they had enough pure scorers and needed to balance the team. That's often what these lists don't reflect.

goon-random call up

bure and mogilny were dynamite for three games with josef beranek. then bure tore his ACL and was out for the rest of the year. they both scored six points in those games.

if i'm making an actual team, not a greatest guys and thank you for all the service team, it's not so different from your template.

sedin - sedin - young cam neely
bure - old but not that old larionov - mogilny
burrows - kesler - linden
naslund - gradin or petey - bertuzzi

sedins get a force of nature who can retrieve the puck, make space in front of the net, and punch heads when needed

bure, who helped vancouver to its first 100 point season from the second line, and mogilny get slapped in the face and told to stop being babies by larionov if they lose focus from not enough icetime

third line no comment necessary

fourth line gets easy matchups because naslund and bertuzzi can't defend worth crap but man would they ever light up easy matchups

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad