Speculation: What would you do this off season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
i think you can get stoll cheap and he would have a role here we would need. I get the feeling williams is looking to cash in finally . He has never had a big contract and this is his last time to get one after accomplishing everything already at the nhl level, and i hope he does.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah, the articles starts out strong but goes off the rail at the end.

I would consider Stoll on a cheap one year deal if that means Bellemare can move to the wing.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Weak article. Found myself shaking my head numerous times throughout. No chance Hextall signs Williams/Stoll, that goes against everything Hexy has said. Also, where did Luke Schenn go? Disappeared somewhere??

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Weak article. Found myself shaking my head numerous times throughout. No chance Hextall signs Williams/Stoll, that goes against everything Hexy has said. Also, where did Luke Schenn go? Disappeared somewhere??

He traded him. He mentions how it's a possibility in this article but I believe it was Arizona's write up that they have them acquiring L. Schenn. He never mentions the price in either article though. :laugh:

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
He traded him. He mentions how it's a possibility in this article but I believe it was Arizona's write up that they have them acquiring L. Schenn. He never mentions the price in either article though. :laugh:

I also loved this part, "They have a ton of picks (seven in the first four rounds this year) and pairing a pick or two with an expiring contract like Luke Schenn could help open up some cap room"

As if we need to package a pick to trade Luke. What a joke :laugh:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Nothing new on the Ryan White home front eh? I would really like the Flyers to sign him and work a trade with someone to take Rinaldo off our hands. If not, just demote him to the AHL. White provides much more to the game then he ever will.

Blooger Tron

Apr 21, 2015
Planet Vegeta
Nothing new on the Ryan White home front eh? I would really like the Flyers to sign him and work a trade with someone to take Rinaldo off our hands. If not, just demote him to the AHL. White provides much more to the game then he ever will.

Same, White was one of the more interesting players to watch for most of the games he played in. Dude plays with a lot of heart and sticks up for teammates. We could finally have a solid fourth line with him and Bellemare.

Carcillo got a 7th round pick last year(or 2 years ago I don't really remember) so I assume Rinaldo could get that.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Same, White was one of the more interesting players to watch for most of the games he played in. Dude plays with a lot of heart and sticks up for teammates. We could finally have a solid fourth line with him and Bellemare.

Carcillo got a 7th round pick last year(or 2 years ago I don't really remember) so I assume Rinaldo could get that.

They will resign White after the draft and before July 1st. No need to do it yet.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I also don't think ROR will cost as much as people think on these boards. He will be a UF next year and already carries a hefty price tag as he sits right now. Kesler, Richards and others are comparable but had more term and didn't have the drama behind his contract. They also outproduced him as well. Carter is or was just as good as a defensive center as he was.

We see it all too much on this board and especially on the trade board. People value players too much considering the price others have received in trades elsewhere.

I wouldn't mind shipping assets to Colorado but the pieces they want is too much and they will be disappointed when he does get moved. Most teams looking at him most likely will have to send some sort of salary back if they do get him.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
i think you can get stoll cheap and he would have a role here we would need. I get the feeling williams is looking to cash in finally . He has never had a big contract and this is his last time to get one after accomplishing everything already at the nhl level, and i hope he does.

What possible need could the Flyers have for Stoll? We don't need a 3rd line centre. And do we sign him at the court house after his appearance?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/police-jarret-stoll-had-cocaine-ecstasy-in-pocket-at-las-vegas-resort-pool/article24031887/

The 32-year-old Stoll was arrested Friday afternoon after security guards conducting a routine search to enter the MGM Grand hotel’s Wet Republic pool complex found what investigators believe to be 3.3 grams of cocaine and several capsules in the back pocket of his shorts, according to a police arrest report made public Monday.

His July 1 court date in Las Vegas will be on the same day the 12-year NHL veteran becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Yeah, this is THE guy Hexy should be targetting this offseason, a solid vet to be a good example to the kids.... :sarcasm:

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
What possible need could the Flyers have for Stoll? We don't need a 3rd line centre. And do we sign him at the court house after his appearance?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/police-jarret-stoll-had-cocaine-ecstasy-in-pocket-at-las-vegas-resort-pool/article24031887/

Yeah, this is THE guy Hexy should be targetting this offseason, a solid vet to be a good example to the kids.... :sarcasm:
Meh, that's unfair, to be honest. Cousins is on our team, as well, and we know how that turned out. Plus, he's in LA, so it's hard NOT to be in possession of cocaine ;)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I really don't care about Stoll's current legal troubles. I do however care about his level of play on the ice which is in a nice decline so for that I wouldn't be interested.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I really don't care about Stoll's current legal troubles. I do however care about his level of play on the ice which is in a nice decline so for that I wouldn't be interested.

Well, I'm sure Hexy won't knowingly add an alleged coke head to our roster, even if there was a need for his not surprisingly declining skills.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Let's keep taking some guesses here. Not much else to do until the season is over anyways.

1) Flyers trade Pronger to Arizona for OEL( just joking, a conditional pick like Thomas trade)
2) Flyers trade Andrew Macdonald to Edmonton for Nikita Nikitin ( Peter C. is looking for defender and had interest in him before)
3) Flyers sign Zaitsev!
4) Flyers trade Schenn brothers + 3rd rounder for ROR(signs a new contract for 6 years and 41.4 million or 6.9 per year) and a middling prospect
5) Vinny is traded to Nashville for Stalberg.
6) Flyers sign Beauchemin to a 3 year 13.5 million contract.(4.5 per year)
7) Del Zotto is signed to a 1 year 2.5 million dollar contract.
8) Grossmann traded to anyone for a 3rd rounder

Out: Pronger (4.9), MacDonald (5), B Schenn (2.5), L. Schenn (3.6), Vinny (4.5), Grossmann (3.5) = 24 million

In: Nikitin (4.5), ROR, (6), Stalberg (3), Zaitsev (900k or whatever the ELC max salary is), Beauchemin (4.5), Del Zotto (2.5) = 21.5 million

ROR-Giroux-Voracek
Raffl/Umberger-Couts-Read
Umberger/Raffl-Laughton-Simmonds
Stalberg-PEB-White
Rinaldo/Cousins

Beauchemin-Streit
Del Zotto- Zaitsev
Schultz- Gudas
Manning-Nikitin

Morin and all start in the AHL but are first injury call ups. I know I forgot some players but this is more important for 2 years down the road getting rid of Vinny's contract and MacDonald.

EDIT: Any other players missing??

Last edited:

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Let's keep taking some guesses here. Not much else to do until the season is over anyways.

1) Flyers trade Pronger to Arizona for OEL( just joking, a conditional pick like Thomas trade)
2) Flyers trade Andrew Macdonald to Edmonton for Nikita Nikitin ( Peter C. is looking for defender and had interest in him before)
3) Flyers sign Zaitsev!
4) Flyers trade Schenn brothers + 3rd rounder for ROR(signs a new contract for 6 years and 41.4 million or 6.9 per year) and a middling prospect
5) Vinny is traded to Nashville for Stalberg.
6) Flyers sign Beauchemin to a 3 year 13.5 million contract.(4.5 per year)
7) Del Zotto is signed to a 1 year 2.5 million dollar contract.
8) Grossmann traded to anyone for a 3rd rounder

Out: Pronger (4.9), MacDonald (5), B Schenn (2.5), L. Schenn (3.6), Vinny (4.5), Grossmann (3.5) = 24 million

In: Nikitin (4.5), ROR, (6), Stalberg (3), Zaitsev (900k or whatever the ELC max salary is), Beauchemin (4.5), Del Zotto (2.5) = 21.5 million

ROR-Giroux-Voracek
Stalberg-Couts-Read
Umberger-Laughton-Simmonds
White-PEB-Cousins
Rinaldo

Beauchemin-Streit
Del Zotto- Zaitsev
Schultz- Gudas
Manning-Nikitin

Morin and all start in the AHL but are first injury call ups. I know I forgot some players but this is more important for 2 years down the road getting rid of Vinny's contract and MacDonald.

You forgot Raffl. Also, how much cap space does that leave for 2016-2017 when you have extensions for Jake and Coots.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Jeez Prongo did you think Raffl was so bad this season he played himself off the team? :sarcasm:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Schenn
Umberger-Laughton-Simmonds
White-PEB-Cousins

Waive Rinaldo and keep Vandevelde as the 13th forward. I know Read is more comfortable on the right side, but Schenn was at a whole new level late in the season on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad