What would you do if the Kings ever won the Cup?

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Why in the world do the Kings need Iginla?

1) Team-wise when you've won it all, it helps to get some extra motivation for next time. I'm 100% confident our boys will step up. But we have three, maybe four team that are very good and absolutely hate us. We could use an extra boost of inspiration team-wise and another inspired player. It worked for the Avs and Wings.

2) Franchise-wise I would love adding Iginla as part of the story, as a new Kings great. He may be known as a franchise player in Calgary. But he would be a LA Kings champion. Look at how people look at Ray Bourque.

3) Externally it shows yet again that if a Cupless great of the game wants to win, this is the team you join (and not the Hawks or some Eastern team). We will be having cap problems all of the time now. Currently we can lure a Regher but at full price. Now we can lure a Gaborik and work out a cap-friendly deal. I'd like a lot of players, of our choice, to join the Kings that way.

4) On ice it can cause mismatches when we put a top six guy in the bottom six...if we put a Iginla on the first line, it frees up another player like Brown or Williams to be in the third line.

Ron*

Wow!! I don't want to call myself a genius or anything!! But, I nailed it!!

user_25134_KFSNWKQ9.gif

You are ****ing hilarious! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad