What would you do if the Kings ever won the Cup?

kingscups

Jun 5, 2008
California
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I've always told people that if the Kings ever win the Cup, I'm going to eat one of those hotdogs with peppers & onions from the street vendors outside Staples, because I'll be able to die a happy man. :yo:

Just do it now those things are glorious, even though they are made from rats!!!

DapperDan

Bad Thoughts
May 26, 2008
place
smoking-shoes.jpg

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
I'd be happy and probably max out my credit card ordering all the Kings Stanley Cup champions stuff off NHL.com. Of course there wouldn't be much celebration here in Saskatoon, in fact if the Kings beat a Canadian team (i.e. the Habs or Leafs) I might be taking my life in my hands being out on the streets that night.

Though if I could plan it right, I'd be in whatever city the final game was in sharing it with all the players. Actually, I'd probably do the entire series if I could and then fly back to LA for the parade. Actually, would there be a parade? Seems to me the Lakers and <shudder> Ducks just did a public rally, there was no formal ticker tape parade. The last thing I would do is book a hotel room and buy tickets for the Kings home opener, so I'd be there to see the banner go up.

Kingswin

Oct 20, 2006
What would you do if the Kings ever won the Cup?

Is this one of those "If a plane crashes at the US/Canadian border, where do they bury the survivors?" questions?

:sarcasm:

one of the funniest things i have read on this board and on that note..

The Kings are kind of like the universe, it has a starting and ending point but by the time you had traveled around it, going a little under the speed of light, it would have already collapsed.

DIEHARD the King fan

Apr 6, 2008
blueline to slot
I delayed posting on this thread, hoping, thinking that something profound would come to mind. IT HASNT. What would I do? It would likely be something so spontaneous and extraordinarily wild that I would have to spend a few professional favors to get myself out of the trouble I would likely get in.

For sure there would be several dozen phone calls to all the doubters and naysayers over the years, alot of alcohol, and several days of vocally induced laryngitis. Add some vaguely described kind of communal debauchery, keeping Jr out of trouble, (while I get in it) and going to the airport and/or camping out for the following Victory Parade at Staples involving more alcohol and vocal cord damage.

P.S. If it happens in the next three to four years and while DL is still GM it might also involve a direct apology as well, but I think I'm gonna be safe on that one. Just having to pay him on the Handzus bet is enough!

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
I'd cry, my wife would kiss my Stanley Cup, and then go on these boards and read Captain Ron talk about what is really .500

girl4kings

2012 & 2014 Champs
Jun 13, 2004
Santa Clarita
I would be there home or away and would probably be balling and fainting because I am so excited and have been waiting for this day pretty much my whole life. Right after that or during I would be on the phone with my dad if he isn't with me cheering that the Kings finally did it! That night I wouldn't plan on sleeping....

took420s

Jul 15, 2005
Monterey
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I've always told people that if the Kings ever win the Cup, I'm going to eat one of those hotdogs with peppers & onions from the street vendors outside Staples, because I'll be able to die a happy man. :yo:

OMG i have never had such a good dog in my life...those things smelled so good i finally broke down one night and put my life on the line. wife thought i was insane but after that one i made sure to get one every game i went to!

if the kings won i would feel even more isolated since seattle does not even have a NHL team with fans i could talk trash to...maybe i would drive up to vancouver and hang my ass out the car window with LA on each cheek?

JDM

Jul 21, 2008
Los Angeles
lakingsnews.com
What WILL you do WHEN the Kings win the Cup?

Better question ;)

I will go absolutely ape ****. I will definately cry as hard as anyone has ever cried. The high will last for days. My dad and I will be there, regardless of where and when and what important obligations we may have to give the finger to. I will hug everyone I see. I will flash every Ducks fan I see for the next year. I will drink a keg of beer, out of the keg. I just hope that I'm not sitting high up and close to the railing, because I might jump over in an effort to be with the team. It would probably be tied for the single best moment of my life. I don't have any kids, but I imagine it would equate with the birth of a first born, but better, because there will have been MUUUUCH longer than a 9 month wait. I know I won't stop grinning like a big idiot for at least a month. The only downside is, I might be such a raving lunatic that my asthma kicks in, I hyperventilate and die...

but at that point I wouldn't really mind so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad