News Article: What would the Kings Offer in a trade for E. Kane

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Its kinda hard to underrate players like Stoll, Forbort and Clifford..

The fact there is no need for Kane here is a totally different discussion. You mean, "Well we dont really need him but here you have a bunch of 2nd tier players." ?

Clifford is underpaid for the amount of hits he provides ? :) Great argument.

I'm sure you are a nice guy though and I'm not joking.

\I guess you don't see it they all have league wide value. Lets take it one player at a time. Stoll is a good solid penalty killer over 50% face percentage in his carrer. He can play on the d on the power play. Has Dean has said countless times every team needs a criminal on there team. He would easily get a first or 2 2nds from a team that needs improvement in faceoffs and pk.

Clifford as I point out is up there in hits something the kings must value a lot as that's the main thing there knowing league wide for doing. He only plays about 10 mins a game He does have some offense to him as I ve see him score some pretty goals. As you know I do a lot of the kings trades offer from other teams A lot of them inquire about Clifford I ask you why do they if his so worthless in your mind.

As far as Forbert goes i'm sure u know another former king that's that tall chara how d he turn out? yeah exactly Im not saying that he is got that level of talent just saying hes not as worthless and unknown as you think. Im sure the kings have been asked about him especially from hextell now hes in philly
As far as being nice I am a hell of a guy lol :sarcasm:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I stopped reading right here.

That's the problem. In a fair trade proposal, there has to be 2 teams that feel like they've improved their team. In your proposals, it's ONLY the kings that come out on top.

A fair proposal's when you actually cringe at the thought of losing the players you've proposed, but yet, still willing to make the deal.

Do you cringe at the thought of losing Stoll and Clifford for Kane? :laugh:

actually you should think I would cringe at losing Clifford after all the defending I have of him and forbert ( last 6 7 ish defenseman we traded turned into chara So yeah its cringable. Try reading the rest of my last post it will give you a idea of why I tend to go for the best in my trades .

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
way to much imo the king would never trade voynov It would open to big a hole in there defense sorry. The offer I could see would be
Forbert
Clifford
Stoll
the Toronto pick 2nd

You really think this is even close?

- Project defenseman who projects as probably a 4-6 if he makes it.
- 4th line left wing who is currently out with his 3rd concussion in 3 years.
- 4th line center who makes 3+ mill a year
- 2nd round pick.

I don't think it's others underrating our players, it's you overrating fourth line talents like Clifford and Stoll.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
\I guess you don't see it they all have league wide value. Lets take it one player at a time. Stoll is a good solid penalty killer over 50% face percentage in his carrer. He can play on the d on the power play. Has Dean has said countless times every team needs a criminal on there team. He would easily get a first or 2 2nds from a team that needs improvement in faceoffs and pk.

Clifford as I point out is up there in hits something the kings must value a lot as that's the main thing there knowing league wide for doing. He only plays about 10 mins a game He does have some offense to him as I ve see him score some pretty goals. As you know I do a lot of the kings trades offer from other teams A lot of them inquire about Clifford I ask you why do they if his so worthless in your mind.

As far as Forbert goes i'm sure u know another former king that's that tall chara how d he turn out? yeah exactly Im not saying that he is got that level of talent just saying hes not as worthless and unknown as you think. Im sure the kings have been asked about him especially from hextell now hes in philly
As far as being nice I am a hell of a guy lol :sarcasm:
I think you make a complete fool of yourself (yet again).

Chara as former King ? Forbort as tall as Chara and he might turn out like him ? What is going on here ?

Its getting crazier and crazier.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
The Jets absolutely suck at faceoffs, they'd have interest in Stoll if he look even remotely effective offensively.

And the Jets aren't trading Trouba. They are ridic high on the kid, and justifiably so. He was top three on the blueline on that team before getting hurt, he's a keeper for them, even more than Kane.

Closer to the trade deadline, how about this:

Kane and Jokinen (assuming the Kings want him to fill in for Stoll and the Jets eat some of the salary)

for

Stoll, Vey, one of Clifford/Fraser/King (their pick) a 1st in 2014, and a 2nd in 2015. Additional 2nd if the Kings make the third round since our 1st would then be very low.

This all assumes the Jets are out of the playoff picture.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I'm pretty sure if the Jets trade Kane they would want a high end young player or a really good veteran coming back. I like Linden Vey, but is he the type of player they justify trading Kane for?

I think any offer starts with TT and our #1 pick.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I don't even know where to begin.

Derek Forbort the next Chara?

Jarret Stoll would easily demand a first round pick?

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
not too familiar with the Jets, but the problem is that they aren't exactly rebuilding, so it makes no sense that we would be trading partners with them. two win-now teams trading means it has to be a lateral trade of goods. Which, as holden said, we don't exactly have the right pieces in excess for them (unless u want to toss them Richards or Kopitar).

that's not even counting that fat $6 mil salary for him.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Gaustad got a 1st round pick.

People always bring this up. It doesn't mean anything.

1. It was a poor trade by Nashville
2. Gaustad was an UFA to be. Stoll is owed another year at 3+
3. Gaustad was a better player at the time, particularly defensively.

I mean, faceoffs are great and all, but it's kind of like the Rod Brind'Amour of stats, was underrated for so long they have become overrated. Yes, he wins draws, but it doesn't make him very valuable. He provides no offense, isn't a shutdown center and has a horrible contract.

Robyn Regehr was trade for 2 seconds last year, no way would the Kings get that for him today.

If the Kings trade Jarret Stoll in the next two years and receive a 1st round pick, I will donate $500 to Make-A-Wish in the name of this board.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
in my world I would not give you Toffoli straight up for Kane We have spent a lot of time waiting patiently developing him We sure as hell aren't trading him now when he is just starting to play for us. He has 7 points in 5 game and with la system that point rate is amazing to me. You have a better shot at kopitar and no he is not being traded either

Interesting...:sarcasm:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
People always bring this up. It doesn't mean anything.

1. It was a poor trade by Nashville
2. Gaustad was an UFA to be. Stoll is owed another year at 3+
3. Gaustad was a better player at the time, particularly defensively.

I mean, faceoffs are great and all, but it's kind of like the Rod Brind'Amour of stats, was underrated for so long they have become overrated. Yes, he wins draws, but it doesn't make him very valuable. He provides no offense, isn't a shutdown center and has a horrible contract.

Robyn Regehr was trade for 2 seconds last year, no way would the Kings get that for him today.

If the Kings trade Jarret Stoll in the next two years and receive a 1st round pick, I will donate $500 to Make-A-Wish in the name of this board.

One bad trade doesn't ignore the many others where a 1st was not given. Gaustad was the exception, not the rule.

I don't disagree. I'm just saying it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Lots of mediocre players have gotten over hyped and traded for 1st rounders. Brendan Witt also got a 1st round pick.

Realistically, Stoll's value is a 2nd rounder + mid round pick or utility player. But in the right situation it's not ridiculous to think he could return a 1st.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
You are completely right. I should have mentioned Dustin Brown as our having one very good LW and then an opening. I take DB for granted at times.
I think we all do at times Its all good TG I just had to point it out sometimes So others know this as well.
I'd be ok with that, though I sense that the Kings may miss some of Brown's physicality, which we've seen very little of this season.
Dustin Brown is currently sitting in NINTH in the NHL in HITS this season for having VERY LITTLE Physicality going ;)
I take DB for granted at times.
I think we all do at times ...
The idea that the Kings would move, or should move, one of Brown/Kopitar for him is absolute rubbish.
^ this
Give Dean Lombardi 1st, and 2nd round picks, and he can find snipers, power forwards, and top 4 defensemen. I don't think they shoudn't trade any more picks, let Dean continue to do what he does best, draft.

yeah totally ...
photo.php
o_moller.jpg
photo.php
photo.php
... Some of Deans Gems from the 1st and 2nd rounds :sarcasm:

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I meant I take DB granted when writing about our current lines as in I just assume everyone knows how much I like Brown and how important he is to the team. Not that I take his play or any other aspect of him for granted at all.

For the record I also take Kopitar and DD's game for granted too for the same reasons. When someone is money, a player you can completely rely on you lose the need to focus them when discussing areas of need.

In regards to the post that you bolded from Puck it was in regards to my not specifying that I was talking about need to find a fit on our second line at LW. I think Pearson gives us that and that was the point I was making.

I have never suggested moving Brown Kopi and agree that doing so would be a catastrophic mistake unless the return was ridiculous or when we become ready to begin our rebuild which shouldn't be for another 3 or 4 years imo.

Below is my response to the idea of moving anyone of our core players for the record.

I don't see the Kings making any deal that would take away key/core players to add a player at this point.

If Pearson can't be our LW (I think he can) then we will likely make certain that our D is exactly where we want it (which it pretty much is today, they are really starting to gel) and then do the same for our bottom 6 )which is looking very good so far).

No reason to even offer on Kane. We won a cup without a top 6 LW so if what we have on board isn't enough I can't see any reason to move two core players for one. That would be a mistake in this situation.

My mistake was not specifying that I meant to say that we won a cup without a *second line* top 6 LW and that my taking DB for granted was that I forget to mention him as our top line LW and nothing more.

;)

Last edited:

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Tonellisghost, maybe it came across wrong ... but I was only trying to quote You and KingCanadian1976 in an attempt to help emphasis my point that Ziggy was taking D. Brown for granted by saying he wasn't being physical enough when DB is in fact as usual leading the Kings in Hits and is 9th overall in the NHL, while still working his way into being 100% healthy and playing with a knee brace.

Brown may have a poor year this season, or he may end up with his typical 25-29 goals while being top 5 in the NHL in hits ... and either way so many take his game for granted and are willing to trade him away thinking it's so easy to replace what he brings to this team both on and on the ice.

I in no way thought YOU were part of the trade D.Brown crowd TG, sorry for the confussion. ;)

Last edited:

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Tonellisghost, maybe it came across wrong ... but I was only trying to quote You and KingCanadian1976 in an attempt to help emphasis my point that Ziggy was taking D. Brown for granted by saying he wasn't being physical enough when DB is in fact as usual leading the Kings in Hits and is 9th overall in the NHL, while still working his way into being 100% healthy and playing with a knee brace.

Brown may have a poor year this season, or he may end up with his typical 25-29 goals while being top 5 in the NHL in hits ... and either way so many take his game for granted and are willing to trade him away thinking it's so easy to replace what he brings to this team both on and on the ice.

I in no way thought YOU were part of the trade D.Brown crowd TG, sorry for the confussion. ;)

I have my head up my butte today on everything. I thought I was reading it wrong. It was my bad and all apologies on my part.

Mia culpa Mia culpa.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
You really think this is even close?

- Project defenseman who projects as probably a 4-6 if he makes it.
- 4th line left wing who is currently out with his 3rd concussion in 3 years.
- 4th line center who makes 3+ mill a year
- 2nd round pick.

I don't think it's others underrating our players, it's you overrating fourth line talents like Clifford and Stoll.

Forbort first of all does not project to be a 4 -6 if he makes it This is totally wrong When Forbort makes it will be 2 at the top end of his projection 4th at his worse. even cns who doesn't think much of him will say that.

:handclap: yes u have this sorta right about Clifford althou I will say that most of the time you say things that are false about such as he plays tons of minutes for one He only plays around 10 mins that is near the bottom of the team

Next your totally wrong on Stoll calling him a 4th line center He would be 2nd on a lot of teams in the nhl and is currently playing 3rd line minutes I am not a huge fan of Stoll but calling him a 3+ million 4th line center is wrong period.

Now do I think its close no and I even stated if u look at the post that the jets would proberly say no. I am not a fan of Kane personally from what I heard he doesn't have the right attidue to play on the kings. He is not a shiney toy as others have called him and I sure as hell don't want to trade toffoli for him, As I stated before I ve gone thru decades of kings trading away young talent and picks before they had a chance to fully develop and I ve had enuff. We are finally contenders and don't need Kane at all.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I think you make a complete fool of yourself (yet again).

Chara as former King ? Forbort as tall as Chara and he might turn out like him ? What is going on here ?

Its getting crazier and crazier.

What I'm trying to say is the last time la traded away someone like forbort he turned into chara so yeah I would worry if I traded him I was only making a point that the people in my proposal have some value that would make me chinge trading them like black thought I wouldn't. Please stop the insults that wasn't call for stick to the issues and no personal attacks please.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I don't disagree. I'm just saying it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Lots of mediocre players have gotten over hyped and traded for 1st rounders. Brendan Witt also got a 1st round pick.

Realistically, Stoll's value is a 2nd rounder + mid round pick or utility player. But in the right situation it's not ridiculous to think he could return a 1st.

No it's not out of the relam of possibility, but the one Herby was replying to orginially said Stoll would 'easily' fetch a 1st or a 2nd and a 3rd. Is it possible? Sure, but oddds are heavily against it.

Btw, Witt and Gaustad both fetched a 1st from the same team, Nashville.

yeah totally ...
photo.php
o_moller.jpg
photo.php
photo.php
... Some of Deans Gems from the 1st and 2nd rounds :sarcasm:

I see your quartet and raise you

wayne_simmonds.jpg

normal.jpg

voynov-with-stanley-cup.jpg

normal.jpg

Kyle+Clifford+Dallas+Stars+v+Los+Angeles+Kings+rqucPaYtdpHl.jpg

TylerToffoli.jpg

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
What I'm trying to say is the last time la traded away someone like forbort he turned into chara so yeah I would worry if I traded him I was only making a point that the people in my proposal have some value that would make me chinge trading them like black thought I wouldn't. Please stop the insults that wasn't call for stick to the issues and no personal attacks please.

Who the **** did we trade?

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
way to much imo the king would never trade voynov It would open to big a hole in there defense sorry. The offer I could see would be
Forbert
Clifford
Stoll
the Toronto pick 2nd
Does the jets take it ? I doubt it but that's the best I see us offering.

And you don't even bother adding a 1st rounder?
Not a single blue chip in that offer for the Jets to even continue on with the conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad