News Article: What would the Kings Offer in a trade for E. Kane

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Wow, that report is just so lazy.

[...] but the team is believed to be willing to listen, in the event a package comes across their table that is too good to pass up.

Isn't a package "that is too good to pass up" by its very definition always gonna result in a trade for any player on any team? I mean it's literally too good to pass on. If an offer came in tomorrow for Crosby that was too good to pass up the Pens would make that trade. I have no idea what such an offer would entail but since it's too good to pass on it clearly would result in Crosby being traded. So lazy...

Anyway, sorry for that sidetrack. I think the value is probably there, most people that like to discuss trade value offer only scraps and picks so kudos for including Voynov. I don't think the deal would be advisable for the Kings, Voynov is too important as a top 4 d-man, but I think the value is fair.

KingKopitar11*

Realistically they would want Kopitar

Trouba and Kane

For Kopitar

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Wow, that report is just so lazy.

Isn't a package "that is too good to pass up" by its very definition always gonna result in a trade for any player on any team? I mean it's literally too good to pass on. If an offer came in tomorrow for Crosby that was too good to pass up the Pens would make that trade. I have no idea what such an offer would entail but since it's too good to pass on it clearly would result in Crosby being traded. So lazy...

Anyway, sorry for that sidetrack. I think the value is probably there, most people that like to discuss trade value offer only scraps and picks so kudos for including Voynov. I don't think the deal would be advisable for the Kings, Voynov is too important as a top 4 d-man, but I think the value is fair.

Agree with your comment on Voynov. Salary does need to go the other way though, and I don't think Winnipeg would be satisfied with us inserting Williams for Voynov.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Realistically they would want Kopitar

Trouba and Kane

For Kopitar

this would be monster. The Kings would want a little bit more though, like Winnipeg's upcoming 1st, and the Kings would then add in AMart.

aka

Trouba, Kane, 1st

For Kopitar, AMart

I'd (Kings) pass though.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I'd love Kane, but I'd sooner have a slight hole on LW than a big one on D.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I don't see the Kings making any deal that would take away key/core players to add a player at this point.

If Pearson can't be our LW (I think he can) then we will likely make certain that our D is exactly where we want it (which it pretty much is today, they are really starting to gel) and then do the same for our bottom 6 )which is looking very good so far).

No reason to even offer on Kane. We won a cup without a top 6 LW so if what we have on board isn't enough I can't see any reason to move two core players for one. That would be a mistake in this situation.

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I don't see the Kings making any deal that would take away key/core players to add a player at this point.

If Pearson can't be our LW (I think he can) then we will likely make certain that our D is exactly where we want it (which it pretty much is today, they are really starting to gel) and then do the same for our bottom 6 )which is looking very good so far).

No reason to even offer on Kane. We won a cup without a top 6 LW so if what we have on board isn't enough I can't see any reason to move two core players for one. That would be a mistake in this situation.

Um I don't normally nit pick with you tg but Brown is a top 6 lw in the league also happens to be our captain. I think what you mean to say would be we won a cup with only one top 6 left winger. Other wise totally agree with what your saying No need to offer on Kane especially now maybe at the deadline even then I see Ott being looked at first. No way we open up a even bigger hole at d by trading slava

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If Winnipeg's Kane is put on the market, what do you think the cost would be for the Kings?

I figure something like:

1st in 2014
2nd in '14 or '15 (Toronto's Pick)
Voinov (cost isn't cheap)
Clifford

Too much?

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/wpg131112.html

way to much imo the king would never trade voynov It would open to big a hole in there defense sorry. The offer I could see would be
Forbert
Clifford
Stoll
the Toronto pick 2nd
Does the jets take it ? I doubt it but that's the best I see us offering.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
way to much imo the king would never trade voynov It would open to big a hole in there defense sorry. The offer I could see would be
Forbert
Clifford
Stoll
the Toronto pick 2nd

Does the jets take it ? I doubt it but that's the best I see us offering.

I like this, but the Jets would DEMAND at least one 1st round pick. Do you blame them?

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Um I don't normally nit pick with you tg but Brown is a top 6 lw in the league also happens to be our captain. I think what you mean to say would be we won a cup with only one top 6 left winger. Other wise totally agree with what your saying No need to offer on Kane especially now maybe at the deadline even then I see Ott being looked at first. No way we open up a even bigger hole at d by trading slava
Nit pic
Brown is right winger playing left wing

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether

You are completely right. I should have mentioned DB as our having one very good LW and then an opening. I take DB for granted at times.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kane is good, not great.

The idea that the Kings would move, or should move, one of Brown/Kopitar for him is absolute rubbish.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Not interesting in gutting our team for one player, no matter how much potential they have.

I wouldn't trade Kopitar for anyone.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
At 5.25 mil a year, I don't see him in a Kings uniform even if all we traded for him was picks, cap dumps and 2nd tier prospects.

Now if he was the same caliber of player and a rugged defenseman, then I'm looking to make a deal.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Give Dean Lombardi 1st, and 2nd round picks, and he can find snipers, power forwards, and top 4 defensemen. They shoud'nt trade any more picks, let Dean continue to do what he does best, draft.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad