News Article: What would the Kings Offer in a trade for E. Kane

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Just fyi, as a fan of both teams I know both needs pretty well, and the Jets would not have much interest in a package around Voynov. With RHD Byfuglien, Bogosian, Trouba already on the roster, there is just not a need for RHD. And Eric Tangradi becomes the Jets #2 LW.

If the Jets even think about moving Kane it's going to be for a #1 C, or a package which returns a #1B C, and #2 LW/potential #1 G. Kings don't really have the horses for a trade like that right now since Richards/Kopitar are obviously off the table.

If I'm Jets I am looking for
RW Tyler Toffoli
LW Tanner Pearson/C Linden Vey
D Derek Forbort/LW Valentin Zykov
LA Kings #1 2014/2015 Pick

It's steep but since the Kings don't really have what's necessary to match Jets needs that great right now it's the only thing that makes sense. I don't particularly like Kane even. Kings don't make this trade though, IMO. Even though he is one of the highest goal scorers 5v5, his deficiencies on the PP, with vision and in the defensive zone are just not that appealing.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Give Dean Lombardi 1st, and 2nd round picks, and he can find snipers, power forwards, and top 4 defensemen. I don't think they shoudn't trade any more picks, let Dean continue to do what he does best, draft.

I think this is the best course of action. The Kings' core group is full and I don't see Dean being in a hurry to trade any of them just yet.

With Toffoli, Vey, and Pearson knocking on the door, the organization is going to have to restock the Monarchs in the very near future.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
way to much imo the king would never trade voynov It would open to big a hole in there defense sorry. The offer I could see would be
Forbert
Clifford
Stoll
the Toronto pick 2nd
Does the jets take it ? I doubt it but that's the best I see us offering.

A bunch of questionable (overpaid) rosterplayers and unknown prospects for a 22 year old top 6 player ?

Every post I read from you, you massively overrate anything related to the Kings.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Just fyi, as a fan of both teams I know both needs pretty well, and the Jets would not have much interest in a package around Voynov. With RHD Byfuglien, Bogosian, Trouba already on the roster, there is just not a need for RHD. And Eric Tangradi becomes the Jets #2 LW.

If the Jets even think about moving Kane it's going to be for a #1 C, or a package which returns a #1B C, and #2 LW/potential #1 G. Kings don't really have the horses for a trade like that right now since Richards/Kopitar are obviously off the table.

If I'm Jets I am looking for
RW Tyler Toffoli
LW Tanner Pearson/C Linden Vey
D Derek Forbort/LW Valentin Zykov
LA Kings #1 2014/2015 Pick

It's steep but since the Kings don't really have what's necessary to match Jets needs that great right now it's the only thing that makes sense. I don't particularly like Kane even. Kings don't make this trade though, IMO. Even though he is one of the highest goal scorers 5v5, his deficiencies on the PP, with vision and in the defensive zone are just not that appealing.

Not a prayer la makes that trade. As pointed out by other there Kane is a good player but not someone you dismantle all your top prospect for sorry no way that 4 piece furtures type trade happens

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Probably Pearson and Vey, but not Toffoli.

Something like Pearson, Vey, Forbort, Clifford, Frattin, Stoll and a 1st.

5 roster forwards for 1? What team could take that on? You have to offer quality to get quality back, continually adding up depth players wouldn't work.

I don't even like Kane, not really interested in the Kings paying any kind of price for him. Not worth it at all. Jets would demand Toffoli being in any trade offer, IMO. Unless Kings would part with somebody they shouldn't ala Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Brown, Doughty, Quick. Other than that, Toffoli is the guy. Remember Jets are not and will not shop Kane.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
5 roster forwards for 1? What team could take that on? You have to offer quality to get quality back, continually adding up depth players wouldn't work.

I don't even like Kane, not really interested in the Kings paying any kind of price for him. Not worth it at all. Jets would demand Toffoli being in any trade offer, IMO. Unless Kings would part with somebody they shouldn't ala Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Brown, Doughty, Quick. Other than that, Toffoli is the guy. Remember Jets are not and will not shop Kane.

My thinking is you're getting 3 solid prospects in Vey, Forbort and Pearson. Guys like Stoll, Frattin and Clifford can be flipped for 2nd each individually, which would mean:

Vey
Forbort
Pearson
1st
three 2nds

for

Kane

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
A bunch of questionable (overpaid) rosterplayers and unknown prospects for a 22 year old top 6 player ?

Every post I read from you, you massively overrate anything related to the Kings.

Ever think you massively underrate king players? We have a solid development of player to the nhl There simply isn't the need for Kane here we are contenders right now with the team we have. Its pretty much the same team that has one the cup. Stoll is the only overpaid player there even then I think its not by a lot and only because we have changed his roll from 2nd center to 3rd and he is not taking the same amount of face offs as he was before. Clifford is underpaid for the amount of hit he provides to me but at only million ish how you can think hes over paid is beyond me. As far as forbert he is a know prospect and attracts a lot of interest being 6 7 a lot of team are interest Since when is 2 a bunch? As for my massively overrating things simple answer don't read me

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I think you forgot the kitchen sink

That's because you're a homer. On one hand, Holden is saying that my proposal isn't enough. And yet, you think I'm giving up too much. That tells me, my proposal is pretty close to being fair.

What's your offer?

Does it start with Clifford and Stoll?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
My thinking is you're getting 3 solid prospects in Vey, Forbort and Pearson. Guys like Stoll, Frattin and Clifford can be flipped for 2nd each individually, which would mean:

Vey
Forbort
Pearson
1st
three 2nds

for

Kane

I wouldn't do this either wayyyy to much and I wouldn't trade Pearson because he s young cheap and could be the same type of talent as Kane when all is said and done. 6 pieces for one player :help:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
That's because you're a homer. On one hand, Holden is saying that my proposal isn't enough. And yet, you think I'm giving up too much. That tells me, my proposal is pretty close to being fair.

What's your offer?

It's just a not realistic deal. You can't offer that many players for one player. It just does not work like that. Jets would have to waive like 4 players to make that happen. It just won't happen. And it just completely saps the Kings depth as well. Gets rid of ALL their forward depth. Doesn't make sense from any perspective.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
I can't see Forbort being moved at this juncture either. He is finally in the system and projected to be in LA in another season or two. He is and will be a guy looked at to replace Mitchell, Greene (down the road?), Regehr and Scuds.

There is a big demand presently for top 4 SAH dmen and Forbort is primed to fit into that role. Moving Derek creates a hole on the other side from DD and VV down the road. Losing their best prospect internally to fill this role doesn't make anymore sense than moving VV for Kane. It's clear there is a shortage of GOOD top 4 SAH dmen. It's the reason Dean had to give a quickly aging RR a contract.

I hope that Pearson fills the gap and helps with the short term situation. They won with a hole down that side. If Tanner can be a 20-40 pt guy for the team this year, it will be a massive improvement from what they had for years. If Pearson does and DL can sign Moulson over the summer I think the LA LW hole is filled. This gives Kitsyn, Mersch, Porky time to mature and not be rushed. If this happens then Dean doesn't have to give up assets that will just result in another hole someplace.

Last edited:

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Ever think you massively underrate king players? We have a solid development of player to the nhl There simply isn't the need for Kane here we are contenders right now with the team we have. Its pretty much the same team that has one the cup. Stoll is the only overpaid player there even then I think its not by a lot and only because we have changed his roll from 2nd center to 3rd and he is not taking the same amount of face offs as he was before. Clifford is underpaid for the amount of hit he provides to me but at only million ish how you can think hes over paid is beyond me. As far as forbert he is a know prospect and attracts a lot of interest being 6 7 a lot of team are interest Since when is 2 a bunch? As for my massively overrating things simple answer don't read me

You're dead wrong. And I agree with Frolov 6'3 100%. Your proposals ALWAYS favor the kings. Kane is one of the better players in the league and in your proposal, the best player is probably Stoll or Clifford.

Let me give you one prime example:

Last year, I proposed that we give up Martinez and a pick/Richardson for Regehr and if my memory serves me right, you were one of the more vocal ones about how we were giving up too much. And yet, Lombardi ACTUALLY paid even more than what I had proposed.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

What's your offer?

It's just an unrealistic proposal, 6 players and a pick for 1. I like E kane and think he would be a good pick up but like others have said it would most likely require one of our untouchables like MR to get them to bite.

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I can't see Forbort being moved at this juncture either. He is finally in the system and projected to be in LA in another season or two. He is and will be a guy looked at to replace Mitchell, Greene (down the road?), Regehr and Scuds.

There is a big demand presently for top 4 SAH dmen and Forbort is primed to fit into that role. Moving Derek creates a hole on the other side from DD and VV down the road. Losing their best prospect internally to fill this role doesn't make anymore sense than moving VV for Kane.

I think gravel is the replacement that is being groomed to replace one of them but I'm also hesitant to trade Forbort but in this case getting Kane would be worth it to me.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Its kinda hard to underrate players like Stoll, Forbort and Clifford..

The fact there is no need for Kane here is a totally different discussion. You mean, "Well we dont really need him but here you have a bunch of 2nd tier players." ?

Clifford is underpaid for the amount of hits he provides ? :) Great argument.

I'm sure you are a nice guy though and I'm not joking.

Last edited:

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
It's just a not realistic deal. You can't offer that many players for one player. It just does not work like that. Jets would have to waive like 4 players to make that happen. It just won't happen. And it just completely saps the Kings depth as well. Gets rid of ALL their forward depth. Doesn't make sense from any perspective.

I understand about having too many players. However, we do need to clear some capspace, that's why I included Stoll and Clifford.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
I think gravel is the replacement that is being groomed to replace one of them but I'm also hesitant to trade Forbort but in this case getting Kane would be worth it to me.

perhaps but, he's one prospect and LA will need 2 or 3 of these guys. will Muzz work out and stay with DD? to early to say. going to need 2 of them minimum on the roster, if Muzzin works out. i see Muzz as a hybrid having good size and offense and perhaps with experience he is able to use his size to be more physical.

with Forbort's size and skating i hope he can turn into 80% of a Chara at least. the kid can occupy a huge space physically and his skating is damn smooth for a big kid. trying to spin off and walk off the wall against someone that big and agile is a major feat.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
You're dead wrong. And I agree with Frolov 6'3 100%. Your proposals ALWAYS favor the kings. Kane is one of the better players in the league and in your proposal, the best player is probably Stoll or Clifford.

Let me give you one prime example:

Last year, I proposed that we give up Martinez and a pick/Richardson for Regehr and if my memory serves me right, you were one of the more vocal ones about how we were giving up too much. And yet, Lombardi ACTUALLY paid even more than what I had proposed.

Well wheather I'm right or wrong my trades always try to do one thing make the kings better. Yes I was right A mart a pick and Richardson was to much to trade and so is 2 2ds. I see potential in how we draft and develop players. A Martinez is one who I don't want to trade. I spent decades as a kings fan watching them trade the future for a vet on the last year of his contract for top pick and young players I don't ever want to go back to that kinda trading again. Most of my trade offers are counter proposals with me aiming high to settle lower. Imo we don't and shouldn't really be trading a lot now we have all the players we need in the minors This is something I've wanted for this team for years. I never once said the jets would take my offer all I said is the most I would offer If its not enuff fine no trade. We are a contending team for the cup now not some bottom feed other team players team. what my proposals should benefit only the other team ? :help:

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Well wheather I'm right or wrong my trades always try to do one thing make the kings better.

I stopped reading right here.

That's the problem. In a fair trade proposal, there has to be 2 teams that feel like they've improved their team. In your proposals, it's ONLY the kings that come out on top.

A fair proposal's when you actually cringe at the thought of losing the players you've proposed, but yet, still willing to make the deal.

Do you cringe at the thought of losing Stoll and Clifford for Kane? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad