What would our lineup look like if we still had Grabner and Hodgson ?

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Grabner, I would love back

Hodgson... no need to disrupt the locker room

How does anyone know what's going on in the locker room besides the players? Never heard any of them say one bad thing about the kid. I can't believe how overblown this Hodgson stuff is to this day.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Hodgson-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Grabner -> Would be a treat to watch
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

With Kesler would look like:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Hodgson-Hansen
Raymond-Schroeder-Grabner
Lapierre

4 scoring lines!

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
How does anyone know what's going on in the locker room besides the players? Never heard any of them say one bad thing about the kid. I can't believe how overblown this Hodgson stuff is to this day.

I sure hope none of these people suggesting Hodgson was this huge prima donna or that we was hated in the room were advocates of the Canucks acquiring a player like Ryan O'Reilly.

For some reason, some Canuck fans need to run this player down to justify the trading away of a promising young player, and I'll never understand it.

Say what you will about his shortcomings, the kid would sure look good in our line-up right now, especially with the prolonged absence of Kesler.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Why would you put the only two players on the team who are complete defensive liabilities on the same line?

We already sorta do in the twins, and Booth really isn't that bad. They'd be used mostly as an offensive line anyway, should be just fine.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Hodgson-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Grabner -> Would be a treat to watch
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

With Kesler would look like:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Hodgson-Hansen
Raymond-Schroeder-Grabner
Lapierre

4 scoring lines!

So what did we trade for Kassian?

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
If Grabner's not on one of the top 2 lines, he's probably not worth playing. Which is one of the reasons we moved him.

That said, with Kes injured, I see a 2nd line of Booth-Hodgson-Grabner which wouldn't be too bad, unless they were in our end.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
If Grabner's not on one of the top 2 lines, he's probably not worth playing. Which is one of the reasons we moved him.

That said, with Kes injured, I see a 2nd line of Booth-Hodgson-Grabner which wouldn't be too bad, unless they were in our end.

Grabner is a good PK guy who can score shorthanded ala Pavel Bure.

But yeah i can't see him not on our top 2 lines had he stayed.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
What would our team look like? A weaker, smaller version of the one we have now. The Grabner deal I might want a re-due but I have zero regrets about the Crybaby for Kassian deal. Kassian IS going to be a legit power forward in the NHL. I still do that deal over again.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I hate this subject... But I will say this, with Manny out, we would not be able to give Hodgson the Zone starts we were.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Grabner is a good PK guy who can score shorthanded ala Pavel Bure.
He might have developed into one - though I'd argue that Frans Nielsen
is likely the 'straw that stirs the drink' for PK duty on the Islanders - but he wasn't here (and I doubt AV would've given him any time to hone his skills on it).

LolClarkson*

I'm keeping Ehrhoff as well, because I just realized that Ballard wouldn't be there.

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler (I can't picture this line getting shut down in the playoffs)
Burrows - Hodgson - Hansen (They looked dangerous playing with Pahlsson, Burrows is a better fit with him than Kesler, and Hansen has chemistry with both)
Raymond - Schroeder - Grabner (I don't care how small this line would be, it'd be dynamite, IMO-- the playing styles complement each other perfectly)
Higgins - Lapierre - Booth (Booth wouldn't be nearly as frustrating playing here)

Edler - Ehrhoff
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

It completely changes our identity, we wouldn't be able to match up physically or play as many different styles, but I still think it's a big improvement on what we have, personally-- We'd come out in waves offensively with that lineup.

my God... This brings tears to my eyes.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
So who would be the guy they would've exposed to waivers if not Grabner?

Note, I'm not asking who yourself thought but rather who realistically AV would've selected.
Remind me who was on the team at the time. We didn't have THAT much depth that Grabner wouldn't have stayed in the lineup, did we?

Edit: We were never fully healthy, but this doesn't look unreasonable (before the deadline) considering how Samuelsson played poorly despite putting up points.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Grabner
Samuelsson - Malhotra - Hansen
Torres - Bolduc? - Glass

That was the year we made the final, so it's hard to complain about that circumstance, but I don't think Grabner would have been dismissed nearly as easily by us as by Florida. He would have been sheltered by better players to an extent, also.

Last edited:

LolClarkson*

He might have developed into one - though I'd argue that Frans Nielsen
is likely the 'straw that stirs the drink' for PK duty on the Islanders - but he wasn't here (and I doubt AV would've given him any time to hone his skills on it).

He gives Raymond the time. I might be out to lunch here but did AV ever coach Grabs on the Moose ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad