Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

DyslexicTom

Jan 1, 2009
Luc citing Carolina as the template and they get swept the next minute. Someone yank this guys cord!

This dude shouldn’t be trusted with keys or a wallet.
I like Carolina, but the model being Nashville and Carolina when you're a big market team in Los Angeles signals to me that mediocrity and being a black hole team is by design. They're chasing 2 guaranteed home playoff game revenues every year. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
yup they have fully embraced the folly of 'get in and anyone has a chance' from the burnout veterans down to the replacement goaltending

someone will get hot, surely

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
PLD, Moore, and 2nd rounder 2025 for Marner.

Gavrikov and this years 1st for Chychrun

Sign Brossoit 1 year 3 mil
Sign Martinez 1 year 2.5 mil
Sign Bertuzzi 3 years 5.5 mil
Sign Matt Martin 1 year 1 mil
Bridge Deal for Byfield

Turcotte-Byfield-Marner
Bertuzzi-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-Danault-Laferriere
Matt Martin-Helenius-Thomas
Lewis

Anderson-Doughty
Chychrun-Clarke
Martinez-Spence
Moverare/Englund

Brossoit/Rittich

This is too easy :sarcasm:
I don't want Marner anywhere near this team. He is going to be an overpriced winger that won't bring his worth of cap hit. You'll have to kill your teams depth, picks & prospects, and cap space for a player like that and he won't bring back what you need to "get over the hump".

Spend the money on a true goalie, 3LD with size and grit, a better bottom 6, and some right handed wingers size.

Turcotte-Kopitar-Kempe
PLD-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-Lafreniere
XXX-Thomas-XXX
Fagemo

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke/Spence
XXX-Spence/Clarke
Moverare, Englund

XXX
XXX

I'd say go after Hague, Roy, Thompson, Kolesar from Vegas. A goalie maybe Knight in Florida or Lankinen in UFA. If you can get Necas out of Carolina would be fantastic.

Move out Grundstrum & Lizotte forsure. Can move Englund if you get a physical LD. I'd look into moving Danault if I could get something good back (Goalie or young skilled right handed winger). Sadly enough Kaliyev is gone no matter what but I'd keep him amd stick him with Kopitar. If the season turns into shit quickly than you must move Gavrikov at the TDL.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Almost 10 days out from the game five loss and zero sightings of the Mayor to explain what went wrong with the team. You’d think that the donkeys are in sore need of context and patience as they grapple with the disappointment, frustration and anger.

At least the Bannermen came out with some content and provided an opinion.

Somehow the team is the fourth most valuable franchise in the league behind Toronto, NYR and Montreal. But we get the same level of coverage as Ottawa.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I don't want Marner anywhere near this team. He is going to be an overpriced winger that won't bring his worth of cap hit. You'll have to kill your teams depth, picks & prospects, and cap space for a player like that and he won't bring back what you need to "get over the hump".

Spend the money on a true goalie, 3LD with size and grit, a better bottom 6, and some right handed wingers size.

Turcotte-Kopitar-Kempe
PLD-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-Lafreniere
XXX-Thomas-XXX
Fagemo

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke/Spence
XXX-Spence/Clarke
Moverare, Englund

XXX
XXX

I'd say go after Hague, Roy, Thompson, Kolesar from Vegas. A goalie maybe Knight in Florida or Lankinen in UFA. If you can get Necas out of Carolina would be fantastic.

Move out Grundstrum & Lizotte forsure. Can move Englund if you get a physical LD. I'd look into moving Danault if I could get something good back (Goalie or young skilled right handed winger). Sadly enough Kaliyev is gone no matter what but I'd keep him amd stick him with Kopitar. If the season turns into shit quickly than you must move Gavrikov at the TDL.

This is another 1st round exit team, if even that. And not that it's your lineup or anything, the same is true with all the hypothetical lineups people are posting. There is no way you can construct a championship caliber roster with these names. And if people are wondering why Byfield was playing wing last year, take a look at how awful the Kings look on the wing if he goes back to C. PLD and Turcotte with your best players? One guy who played at sub-replacement level on an $8.5m contract and another one who can't shoot a puck into the Pacific. And Moore getting 30+ has almost zero chance of happening again, even with his career year the team still finished 3rd in the division.

Another year where LA's two top players were drafted 19 and 16 years ago, and the inept management team thinks they can still win.

Last edited:

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018

Turcotte-Kopitar-Kempe
PLD-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-Lafreniere
XXX-Thomas-XXX
Fagemo

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke/Spence
XXX-Spence/Clarke
Moverare, Englund

XXX
XXX

If you could somehow do a PLD for Marner trade, I’d do it just so that Marner’s co tract would be over by the end of next season. But I doubt a one for one would be possible there.

Reactions: Schrute farms

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
If you could somehow do a PLD for Marner trade, I’d do it just so that Marner’s co tract would be over by the end of next season. But I doubt a one for one would be possible there.
I've come to terms that PLD is our unsolvable problem and we have no hope of moving his contract or buying it out. It would cost too much to move him without much in return and then you'd have to pay the price for Marner which Toronto will ask alot. And I'm not want to add $2.4m to the cap for Marner over PLD and instead will use that money in net or on defense.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Almost 10 days out from the game five loss and zero sightings of the Mayor to explain what went wrong with the team. You’d think that the donkeys are in sore need of context and patience as they grapple with the disappointment, frustration and anger.

At least the Bannermen came out with some content and provided an opinion.

Somehow the team is the fourth most valuable franchise in the league behind Toronto, NYR and Montreal. But we get the same level of coverage as Ottawa.
You must have missed his latest article when he explained that PLD sucked because he didn’t spend any time in the AHL as a teenager. “Not everyone is Crosby or Doughty”.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I've come to terms that PLD is our unsolvable problem and we have no hope of moving his contract or buying it out. It would cost too much to move him without much in return and then you'd have to pay the price for Marner which Toronto will ask alot. And I'm not want to add $2.4m to the cap for Marner over PLD and instead will use that money in net or on defense.
Yes, PLD is division by 0.

I know it’ll never happen but it would be killer to see an organized boycott of one game, season opener even, to show fan discontent.
Maybe we can get some of the paid protesters to pitch a bunch of tents outside Staples Center, and not let anyone into the arena.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I don’t remember where I heard this (32 Thoughts maybe) but if McLellan gets another job, he doesn’t keep getting paid by the Kings next season. Most coach contracts have a clause where they do have to pay a guy if they fire him, but if he gets another coaching job, they’re off the hook. AEG has the money anyway but I’m sure there’s a budget and I can see them not wanting to hire a big name 5M coach if they have to pay Todd next season. Beckerman could wait it out and tie Hiller’s fate to Blake’s.

This is all from my memory of a podcast. It could all be nonsense so let’s keep that in mind you guys.

But don't you also have dreams of podcasts too?

You seem to be lost in the Podcast zone...

You should special guest with Jessie, the Mayor , Bernstein and Blake.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
But don't you also have dreams of podcasts too?

You seem to be lost in the Podcast zone...

You should special guest with Jessie, the Mayor , Bernstein and Blake.

Welcome back Muzz!

1715400919219.png

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
All RFA's and guys signed, except Rittich

Blake is probably going to mic things up in the off season ND it will be moot.

PLD - Kopi - Kempe
Fiala - QB - Fagemo
Moore- Danault - Laferriere
Grundstrom - Lizote - Kaliyev
Thomas Turcotte

MA - DD
Gav - Spence
Englund - Clarke
Moverare

Rittich - Portillo

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I don’t remember where I heard this (32 Thoughts maybe) but if McLellan gets another job, he doesn’t keep getting paid by the Kings next season. Most coach contracts have a clause where they do have to pay a guy if they fire him, but if he gets another coaching job, they’re off the hook. AEG has the money anyway but I’m sure there’s a budget and I can see them not wanting to hire a big name 5M coach if they have to pay Todd next season. Beckerman could wait it out and tie Hiller’s fate to Blake’s.

This is all from my memory of a podcast. It could all be nonsense so let’s keep that in mind you guys.
Makes sense. I honestly assumed that something like that worked.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

While the Kings likely won't ever get the fan fervor the Leafs get, I'm not looking forwatd to being the butt of jokes, as funny as they are

• Haha
Reactions: KingsOfCali25

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad