Proposal: What would it take to get Mackinnon to Pittsburgh?

pbassn

Apr 13, 2016
I thought about this the other day before Mackinnon went full beast mode on Calgary. At this point he's either untouchable or you would need to give up some "untouchables" yourself to get him.

So what about Malkin + prospect or high end draft pick for Mackinnon?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I thought about this the other day before Mackinnon went full beast mode on Calgary. At this point he's either untouchable or you would need to give up some "untouchables" yourself to get him.

"Senator? You can have my answer now, if you like. My offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally."

pbassn

Apr 13, 2016
Why do this to yourself?
It's like asking for a 23-24yr old Crosby...

Enjoy the heat COL fans are about to throw your way.
You dont think a fresh start and the opportunity to be the star of the franchise would light a fire under Malkin? I see it from Colorado's perspective too - Malkin's much older and injured frequently as of now. However i think its a motivation issue at the moment. When he's playing like he can, he's arguably the best in the league (need to see him play his best in a season with McDavid now in the league)

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
You dont think a fresh start and the opportunity to be the star of the franchise would light a fire under Malkin? I see it from Colorado's perspective too - Malkin's much older and injured frequently as of now. However i think its a motivation issue at the moment. When he's playing like he can, he's arguably the best in the league (need to see him play his best in a season with McDavid now in the league)
Or. You know, Colorado can keep the better, substantially younger, much cheaper player. So, there’s that

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Its weird seeing Pens fans being the ones asking for a player that they cannot conceivably acquire. You'd think after years of dumb Crosby/Malkin proposals they'd know how unrealistic it is.

Malkin turns 33 in July. Odds are he's not going to be who he was (top-5 player in the NHL) anymore. Like, he's still clearly a superstar, but he's not above the rest save guys like Crosby and Ovechkin anymore.

Motivation could play a role, but no one is going to give up a better, cheaper center who turns 24 next season for Malkin. The plus would have to be absolutely obscenely good.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

What a stupid proposal. Give your head a shake for posting this embarrassing nonsense.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
It would take a lock on the stupid as hell thread. How dumb do you have to be?

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Its weird seeing Pens fans being the ones asking for a player that they cannot conceivably acquire. You'd think after years of dumb Crosby/Malkin proposals they'd know how unrealistic it is.

Malkin turns 33 in July. Odds are he's not going to be who he was (top-5 player in the NHL) anymore. Like, he's still clearly a superstar, but he's not above the rest save guys like Crosby and Ovechkin anymore.

Motivation could play a role, but no one is going to give up a better, cheaper center who turns 24 next season for Malkin. The plus would have to be absolutely obscenely good.
It's literally one pens fan who has 3 posts. Everyone else is on the same page of "this is a ridiculous proposal"

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Resigned Malking and Crosby and 50% salary retained on both contracts.
Let's face it. Crosby and Malkin aren't going to be in their prime forever and Mackinnon is just getting started.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

this was well intentioned and clearly polite
but while God hears all prayers, sometimes the answer is no.

Nothing the Penguins can offer will get the Avs to trade away a 23 year old superstar
This.

It is the Avs who might overpay to get a Kreider to bookend w/MacK on the first line. THAT is POSSIBLE.
But zero chance MacK moves unless he wants out, and there is zero reason pro tempore to expect that.

What a stupid proposal. Give your head a shake for posting this embarrassing nonsense.

OP, let not your heart be troubled or your ear recoil by what are sanctimonious sounds by some.

You made a polite inquiry.
You asked what would it take.
You did not say I want to swap my worst player for your best player.

There is no fit, no match for your pursuit.
It's not a crime or a sin.

Peace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad