What would it take to fire Bylsma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I can't believe that EVERY YEAR we have to go through this period where they forget that puck support is the easiest way to make a system good. Everyone seems to forget it.

This year they never remembered.

Since the new year, we've never tried to overload in any situation. We used new breakouts that gave us speed through the neutral zone, we had new defensive schemes at the blue lines that ACTUALLY WORKED and then DB decides to ditch it when Orpik and Scuderi return to health? I mean seriously, how can a room full of professionals not get this message after 5 years?

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
This team is owned in the NZ and the primary source to most of their problems, outside of never playing the best available roster.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
This will be the most interesting and important post season for the pens since the Crosby lottery.

With five years of failure after winning the cup in 09, Pens management has not taken advantage of Sid and Geno. Unless major changes are made this off-season we will be saying the same thing next year. If any one watched the Flys/Blue game, there is no way the Pens as structured now can win against these two teams unless Fleury stands on his head and this hasn't happened since when. Lemieux has to act quick, DB and RS, IMO do not warrant coming back. A new management team is needed. .

chuppa chupp

star gazing
Apr 14, 2009
somewhere out there
You know how upset we get when we see Glass and Adams playing like the 2 worst hockey players on the planet on a daily basis? Imagine how we are going to feel in the playoffs when these two dumb ***** are penciled in for every game.

I hope we don't win another game the rest of the season. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, Byslma gets fired and whoever comes in after will realize that having a mannequin on the ice would be more effective than these two ass clowns.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
You know how upset we get when we see Glass and Adams playing like the 2 worst hockey players on the planet on a daily basis? Imagine how we are going to feel in the playoffs when these two dumb ***** are penciled in for every game.

I hope we don't win another game the rest of the season. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, Byslma gets fired and whoever comes in after will realize that having a mannequin on the ice would be more effective than these two ass clowns.

And ruin Adams' Ironman streak?

Are you even human?

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
This will be the most interesting and important post season for the pens since the Crosby lottery.

With five years of failure after winning the cup in 09, Pens management has not taken advantage of Sid and Geno. Unless major changes are made this off-season we will be saying the same thing next year. If any one watched the Flys/Blue game, there is no way the Pens as structured now can win against these two teams unless Fleury stands on his head and this hasn't happened since when. Lemieux has to act quick, DB and RS, IMO do not warrant coming back. A new management team is needed. .

:handclap: and :cry:

we are not in the same class as those two teams (or Bruins for that matter) right now.

As far as the title of this thread. It'll take us getting healthy and then flaming out again. If martin and malkin are back and we totally lay a turd again Blysma better be gone.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I bet he'd be amazing as an interim coach at least. Just take everything we do, simplify it, and add a ton of energy, accountability and excitement to the team.

Let's hope so, maybe Shero can make it happen. Then try a 1 year deal to see what he's got in a full season. Guerin loves the Penguins even though he was only here for a season and a bit. But we are family.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
:handclap: and :cry:

we are not in the same class as those two teams (or Bruins for that matter) right now.

As far as the title of this thread. It'll take us getting healthy and then flaming out again. If martin and malkin are back and we totally lay a turd again Blysma better be gone.

I'm watching the Bruins game now. They're starting a bunch of kids on D, no Iggy, and they're all over the Wings who are desperate for a playoff spot. The Bruins are basically playing out the string.

They're such a well oiled and structured machine, and I can't help but feel a great swell of sadness for the team that we root for because they'd stand no chance against them.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
He's the reason for the collapsing defense, and allowing the opposing defenders to fire shot after shot.

:laugh:

What was anyone expecting? If people recognize this style of play, they should. It's the style that somehow eliminated us in 7 games in 2010.

Play really passive, block a ton of shots, spend about 2/3 of a game in your own zone, and pray your goalie stands on his head night in and night out.

For the 100th time, I hate our ****ing team.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
:laugh:

What was anyone expecting? If people recognize this style of play, they should. It's the style that somehow eliminated us in 7 games in 2010.

Play really passive, block a ton of shots, spend about 2/3 of a game in your own zone, and pray your goalie stands on his head night in and night out.

For the 100th time, I hate our ****ing team.

Yeah, I really have no idea why people can't see Martin's hands in this team already. We've just merged the worst parts of the way Bylsma wants to play and the way Martin wants to play.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'm watching the Bruins game now. They're starting a bunch of kids on D, no Iggy, and they're all over the Wings who are desperate for a playoff spot. The Bruins are basically playing out the string.

They're such a well oiled and structured machine, and I can't help but feel a great swell of sadness for the team that we root for because they'd stand no chance against them.

Wait really? I was under the impression, the only way you can win games is to play aging veterans who turn the puck over more times than they successfully complete a pass to a member of their team.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
He's the reason for the collapsing defense, and allowing the opposing defenders to fire shot after shot.

Without Letang, Martin and the stubborness to not play Despres, they better master that style in a hurry. Don't really believe it though, because Jacques Martin had plenty of puck moving defenseman during his time in Ottawa and didn't restrict them during the playoffs. He just could never find the right goalie there.

GoodKnight

QOTSA
Apr 2, 2014
Own Personal Hell
Sick of bylsma

I have made an account because I need to vent my frustration. Bylsma is screwing this team, he really is. I don't know how he goes unpunished for the stupid crap he always does, like play glass and Adams, bench despres, put orpik and scud out with 1 minute left. It's ridiculous

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I have made an account because I need to vent my frustration. Bylsma is screwing this team, he really is. I don't know how he goes unpunished for the stupid crap he always does, like play glass and Adams, bench despres, put orpik and scud out with 1 minute left. It's ridiculous

Welcome to the family.

(ironically enough)

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon

We feel your frustrations, brother.

Michael8771*

I bet he'd be amazing as an interim coach at least. Just take everything we do, simplify it, and add a ton of energy, accountability and excitement to the team.
I'd want someone far more accomplished. I think the coaching job here would be rather attractive. We need to set the bar higher.

zhenyas most fly rep

May 3, 2009
breizh

It's been well documented that both are terrible hockey player but I think most are being too kind with Adams, putting him alongside Glass (or too harsh with Glass). I did some quick calculations and it appears once again evident that #27 is in a league of his own.

Taking into consideration defensive numbers only (which should make him look like a 'better' player), at even strength, Adams has been on the ice for 54 goals against in 713 minutes, that's a goal scored against every 13 minutes of his es play.
To put things into perspective, this is how his teamates compare to that.

Crosby -> 20 min
Malkin -> 19 min
Neal -> 21 min
Kunitz -> 26 min
Jokinen -> 22 min
Dupuis -> 20 min

more importantly, players with more than 500min and comparable defensive responsibilities.

Sutter -> 19 min
Vitale -> 23 min
and Glass -> 20 min, which is frankly not that bad when you consider that he's been on the ice with Adams 46% of his time.

In short, they are all in about the same range except for Adams who is on his own with at least a 6 min gap on anyone.
The best part is, Bylsma sends him on the ice when the game is on the line.:facepalm:
And to think he might soon be in the record book as the Penguin with the most games played consecutively.:puke:

Oh and just for the laughs, (different teams, different situations, different roles but still pretty funny) the league's worst +/-, Ovechkin who isn't even trying unlike Adams, is at 14 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad