Proposal: What would it take Price to the Canucks?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
There has been discussion in Canucks land about whether we should tank or try to make the playoffs and I believe this year is a “must” year for the Canucks to make the playoffs. One way to do this is by trading this for Carey Price. The Habs seems to be in a rebuilding stage and trending downward while the Canucks are on the upswing and trending upward, looking to make the playoffs. Maybe the two teams can help each other. Montreal wants young pieces to move forward with and Vancouver needs immediate help on the back end and in goal. So Therefore I propose the following:

Markstrom
Demko
Juolevi
Virtanen
2020 1st
2019 2nd

for

Carey Price
Shea Weber

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
This is not a must year at all for the Canucks to make the playoffs their going to be the last place team in the Pacific division. Montreal yes is in a slight rebuild or retool so to speak but these two clubs for a trade like that makes no sense.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
This is a MUST year to tank my dude. Lose 4 Hughes.

Also Vancouvers D is as bad as Mtl’s so Proce isn’t gonna do you much Good and neither is 20 games of Weber.

Lastly, have you heard of the expansion draft? This would screw us royally.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Price and weber? Doubtful... Price alone? Damn I'll only take the 1st, Markstrom, Juoveli and cap dump (which is probably too much anyway hahahah)

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
There has been discussion in Canucks land about whether we should tank or try to make the playoffs and I believe this year is a “must” year for the Canucks to make the playoffs.
And you are so, so wrong.

Canucks are probably on of the last teams in the league to be in a position to trade for a 30 year old goalie with a long-term, high-priced contract, that they would have to give up a ton of assets for.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
What a terrible deal for the Canucks. This is not a must win year for the Canucks. They are now in full rebuild mode so another year where they get to draft in the to 10 is not a bad scenario. Both Price and Weber's contracts are horrible so why would a team like the Canucks that are rebuilding want to take these contracts on? This is the best way to destroy your rebuild before it ever got started. Rebuilding a team is not only about drafting well but it is also having the abilities to pay your great daft choice players when they perform and are up for a big pay raise in today's cap world.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
The Canucks need to make the playoffs about as much as a every dude needs a kick in the groin.

The draft is in Vancouver this year. The fans are expecting the team to stink. And by all appearances, the team IS going to stink. And there's are some nice prospects led by a Jack Hughes that are waiting at the end of the lottery tunnel.

The Canucks do not need to add two players with massive contracts, an injury history, and are a couple of steps away from their mid 30s. That's the surest way to screw up their rebuild and the team's salary cap for the next ten years.

Only contending teams with specific holes to plug trade for Price and/or Weber. The Canucks are not anywhere close to contending for anything but a seat in the basement.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
There has been discussion in Canucks land about whether we should tank or try to make the playoffs and I believe this year is a “must” year for the Canucks to make the playoffs. One way to do this is by trading this for Carey Price. The Habs seems to be in a rebuilding stage and trending downward while the Canucks are on the upswing and trending upward, looking to make the playoffs. Maybe the two teams can help each other. Montreal wants young pieces to move forward with and Vancouver needs immediate help on the back end and in goal. So Therefore I propose the following:

Markstrom
Demko
Juolevi
Virtanen
2020 1st
2019 2nd

for

Carey Price
Shea Weber

[MOD]

As far as your post goes, I think trading for Price is an excellent idea, but I’d stay away from that Weber contract. I don’t think Weber will age well and that contract is going to be Brent Seabrook level bad in my opinion.

The Canucks should absolutely attempt to get Price though.

I would Montreal our 1st, on the condition that they take a few bad contracts of ours (Eriksson and Gagner).

:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks need is dire. They have a talented asset but no team around him. If the owner wanted to build an instant contender, Price is a good start. Weber addresses the need for a cannon on the point. This is totally sound in hockey terms. Contracts do not scare Mr. Aquilini. He might extend them.

Canucks will not give up futures. Canadiens will have to accept salary back as well as retain. If these wildly unlikely conditions are met you might see a deal before Christmas.

Edler, Tryamkin (rights) and Eriksson (retain %25) for Price (retain %25) and Weber (retain %25) and conditional third if Tryamkin signs or returns.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Even Marc Bergevin would accept this......maybe! Probably! Likely!
Oh, hell who knows, but the Habs would be dumb to turn this down if it was offered.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It would take common sense. Canucks are in no position to make an all in move and the Habs are not liquidating Price or Weber in a trade. Don't let the trolls affect your judgment... if anything, you should learn from the Patch situation.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Markstrom
Demko
Juolevi
Virtanen
2020 1st
2019 2nd

for

Carey Price
Shea Weber

This should be locked

Nucks are not in a win now situation and are rebuilding.

And have key pieces in place for a good team in a few years

Reactions: THE Green Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad