What will it take for the league to look at Boston's PP #'s

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Dead last in the league by a HUGE margin (14 fewer than the 29th team whose played 2 fewer games. By far the biggest gap between any team in the league. 40% less than the league median, the leading team is at 20%above for comparison)

Would say it's an anomaly but this is the third year in a row that they are #30 with a bullet.

I don't think it's a conspiracy and I don't think it's just because of the "diving culture"- just wondering how far the numbers have to get before the league takes notice and considers it's practices.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
What do you expect the league to do ? Award Boston more powerplays just because they suck at drawing penalties on their own ?

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Top 4 Teams in Power Play Opportunities :
Detroit - 120
Chicago - 119
NY Islanders - 113
Toronto - 111

Bottom 4 :
NY Rangers/Fla/Buff - 87
Montreal - 84
Washington - 83
Boston - 69

bobbyt911

got to do with all the favoritism the team got while Campbell played for them and his dad was in office

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
The bruins are slow.

Also thats what happens when you have the biggest hypocritical cry baby behind the bench. The refs are probably sick and tired of his act.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Just watch some of their games.If anything the refs lets them get away with to much as it is.Wish the Refs would actually clamp down on these clowns.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
Just watch some of their games.If anything the refs lets them get away with to much as it is.Wish the Refs would actually clamp down on these clowns.

Ya, if their games were called like any other game, they would get a few more PP. But they would also get penalized twice as much and we'd have to hear about that.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Seriously, enough with the whining. Maybe it's related to how they play the game. If I remember correctly, it's not the first year that they don't have many PPs.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

You think they'd get more pp's "if the refs would actually clamp down on these clowns"?

Seriously, enough with the whining. Maybe it's related to how they play the game. If I remember correctly, it's not the first year that they don't have many PPs.

You don't have to remember, it's in the first post- this is year 3 at #30.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
You think they'd get more pp's "if the refs would actually clamp down on these clowns"?

You don't have to remember, it's in the first post- this is year 3 at #30.

Then why do you blame the refs? To create penalties, you need to be quick and have skill. That's not really how the Bruins are built.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
You don't think they were skilled last year or the year before?

They're not "unskilled", they don't play a run and gun game. They grind, use to defensemen well in the offensive zone to open up space and score dirty goals. That's the Bruins I know. Not the type of hockey that will win you PPs, though it's still effective.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
They're slow and bad offensively. Not hard to see why they don't draw penalties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad