Speculation: What will happen with big 2019 UFAs?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Bobrovsky = Carolina and I think the 3 ufa of Ottawa stay. I think Melnyk sold action of is club to John Ruddy and maybe Guy Laliberté. I never undrestand why Guy help Melnyk for is refinancement if he want to buy the club

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Congrats on being the 800th user who doesnt know Chicago's cap situation. Seabrook doesnt have to be moved for Panarin.
If Debrincat, Schmaltz and Sikura take the steps forward you expect them to over the next couple seasons, yeah, ya kinda do. There are a lot of guys to sign over the next few years.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Sure. If they can figure out how to sign 8 more players with $15M.

Yeah, you pay them all 1.75M boom.

They don't "technically" have to move Seabrook. Just like the Wings didn't technically have to move anything to sign Larkin. It's probably a damn good idea to get rid of him before you try to commit huge dollars to someone, but it isn't a necessity.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Karlsson: Boston
Stone:Winnipeg
Seguin: Colorado
Panarin: LA
Eberle: NJ
Duchene: NYR

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
If Debrincat, Schmaltz and Sikura take the steps forward you expect them to over the next couple seasons, yeah, ya kinda do. There are a lot of guys to sign over the next few years.

Sure. If they can figure out how to sign 8 more players with $15M.

Murphy and Arty will be moved sooner rather than later, one due to Jokiharju and Mitchell knocking on the door for the RD spot and the other will be moved due to Schmaltz being ready to take over as the 2C.

Even without moves Chicago has 9 million in space that expires this very next season (Kruger, Kunitz, Ward,Rutta) on top of the 5.5 million they already have. Factor in a low to moderate cap increase of 2 or 3 million each season makes keeping the kids plus adding panarin viable. The following season when Cat needs to be re-signed Crows contract is off the books as would another 4 million from Gustafsson and Manning. Schmaltz isnt gonna make more than Larkin so you could expect a deal somewhere between 5.3-6 x 6.

There is also a moderately high chance we may have to deal with a lockout in 2020 that could change things for many teams

Reactions: gach

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Karlsson: Vegas (7 x 13)
Stone: Columbus (7 x 9)
Seguin: Dallas (8 x 10.5)
Panarin: Rangers (7 x 9.5)
Eberle: New Jersey (5 x 6.5)
Duchene: Vancouver (5 x 6.5)
Bobrovsky: Columbus (8 x 10)
Lee: Islanders (3 x 6)
Pacioretty: Florida (5 x 6.5)

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Pacioretty: Florida (5 x 6)

Karlsson/Stone/Seguin/Panarin contracts are probably pretty close. But you're probably paying a bit more for Eberle/Duchene/Maxpac.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Murphy and Arty will be moved sooner rather than later, one due to Jokiharju and Mitchell knocking on the door for the RD spot and the other will be moved due to Schmaltz being ready to take over as the 2C.

Even without moves Chicago has 9 million in space that expires this very next season (Kruger, Kunitz, Ward,Rutta) on top of the 5.5 million they already have. Factor in a low to moderate cap increase of 2 or 3 million each season makes keeping the kids plus adding panarin viable. The following season when Cat needs to be re-signed Crows contract is off the books as would another 4 million from Gustafsson and Manning. Schmaltz isnt gonna make more than Larkin so you could expect a deal somewhere between 5.3-6 x 6.

There is also a moderately high chance we may have to deal with a lockout in 2020 that could change things for many teams
Oh, so the plan is to trade away the same amount of salary through Connor Murphy and Artem Anisimov--two players who teams likely also have little interest in acquiring without sending salary back to Chicago.

If the Hawks manage to develop that group of players I've mentioned well enough, the inflation caused by their second contracts alone is enough to force the team to jettison more salary. Let alone adding what's likely to be a $9m winger.

The 'off the books' thing is always funny, too. I guess you don't have to replace them.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Oh, so the plan is to trade away the same amount of salary through Connor Murphy and Artem Anisimov--two players who teams likely also have little interest in acquiring without sending salary back to Chicago. Source? Arty was literally inquired upon by teams at this past TDL.

If the Hawks manage to develop that group of players I've mentioned well enough, the inflation caused by their second contracts alone is enough to force the team to jettison more salary. Let alone adding what's likely to be a $9m winger. There is also the cap rising and it will grow even more when Seattle is added plus the possible lockout looming is a factor that makes looking too far into the future a mundane thing to do.

The 'off the books' thing is always funny, too. I guess you don't have to replace them.Have you never heard of internal replacements...

See above.

Reactions: gach

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Karlsson/Stone/Seguin/Panarin contracts are probably pretty close. But you're probably paying a bit more for Eberle/Duchene/Maxpac.

You're probably right in their good years, however I can see all three having somewhat disappointing years given the teams they are playing for. Florida also has the state tax advantage, so that's a little bit more than others team 6 million.

Falon

May 21, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
Karlsson-Vegas
Stone-Vancouver
Seguin-Dallas
Panarin-Colorado
Wheeler-New Jersey
Eberle-Islanders
Duchene-Rangers
Lee-Islanders
Ellis-Detroit

crasherino

May 9, 2013

From your lips to gods ears on Lee. That ain't happening though.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I cringed reading this.

Feb 19, 2018
Vancouver will be a player next year after this guaranteed bottom 5 finish. Too much cap to play with.
I’m going with Karlsson as the target for the big ticket draw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad