What We Have Learned

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Brandon Sutter has been here six seasons.
That's 6 "great" seasons. What a lying piece of shit. You could argue 1 season was alright(although they would've missed the playoffs if not for the covid pause), but the rest were dismal at best. Plus the guy has had numerous significant injuries during that time. Lol, what a pack of lies, no wonder Benning loves him. Expect a multi-year extention similar to Pearson. PUKE!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That's 6 "great" seasons. What a lying piece of shit. You could argue 1 season was alright(although they would've missed the playoffs if not for the covid pause), but the rest were dismal at best. Plus the guy has had numerous significant injuries during that time. Lol, what a pack of lies, no wonder Benning loves him. Expect a multi-year extention similar to Pearson. PUKE!

Sutter played about 60 decent games as a #3 center during the 17-18 season.

The entire rest of his time here he's been either injured or crap or actively hurting the team because terrible coaches have put him on scoring lines.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Sutter played about 60 decent games as a #3 center during the 17-18 season.

The entire rest of his time here he's been either injured or crap or actively hurting the team because terrible coaches have put him on scoring lines.
The season where he scored 9 points in the final 10 games after 15 in the first 50?

Decent is a stretch but that was definitely his peak here.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
What bothers me most is that SFA's terrible reputation is very well known around the league, so what intelligent, go-getting
management person would ever want to work for him? To me that's the dismal central issue that we're facing.

All the rest is details. Crucial details, but it all flows from management. Which is why the end result, taken as a hole,
as a competitive product is like a meandering river of warm shit.

Reactions: Homer J Benning

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
I learned the true Value of being a "nice guytm" and that as long as you can do that it doesn't matter how competent you are.

Reactions: Nucker101

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I learned that going to game 7 vs Vegas rnd 3 last year into entire team getting Covid and playing 10 back 2 backs means fire everyone.

Waaa waaa weee wah

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The season where he scored 9 points in the final 10 games after 15 in the first 50?

Decent is a stretch but that was definitely his peak here.

17 in 51 is a 27 point/82 game ES pace which is totally acceptable for a #3C.

He didn't receive any PP time or top-6 time that year, chugged through tough minutes on a terrible team with a positive goal differential, and provided acceptable (and actually pretty good once you factor in the 9 in 10) production for the role. His production actually was *up* from 16-17 when he played like half the year with the Sedins at ES and was on the #1 PP unit for the whole year.

That season, he actually came close to justifying his salary (or would have had he played 82 games). Everything else has been total crap, though.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

He didn't receive any PP time or top-6 time that year, chugged through tough minutes on a terrible team with a positive goal differential, and provided acceptable (and actually pretty good once you factor in the 9 in 10) production for the role. His production actually was *up* from 16-17 when he played like half the year with the Sedins at ES and was on the #1 PP unit for the whole year.

That season, he actually came close to justifying his salary (or would have had he played 82 games). Everything else has been total crap, though.
16 since I’m splitting your number and mine is 26 point/82 pace in GM’s of ice time.

This was an ok season.

He also was #3 in TOI/game among forwards.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016

I thought he was okay in a 4th line role last year when he way healthy. The problem was that we had over 7.5m spent on 2 4th line centers in Beagle and Sutter.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
I learned that going to game 7 vs Vegas rnd 3 last year into entire team getting Covid and playing 10 back 2 backs means fire everyone.

Waaa waaa weee wah
Round 2.

And if you want to argue that covid is what made them miss the playoffs this year (which it isn't), then I can make the argument that covid is what helped them even have a chance at the playoffs last year.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
1. Tanev plus Stecher > Schmidt plus Hamonic and cheaper, and wouldn't have cost a 3rd.
2. The bottom 6 is actually worse than the tire fire I thought it was
3. As of October 2021, any prospect that has a reasonable chance of making the NHL will be on the NHL roster, maybe with the exceptions of Woo and this years draft picks. Meaning the cupboard beyond the NHL team is very, very bare.
4. The top 6 needs a guy like Toffoli.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
WAAA WAAA WEEE wah.....I eat shit for breakfast.
Shooter-McGavin_poster_mockup_grande.png

Prometheus

May 14, 2018
Go ahead other than Dallas who had to deal with COVID like the Canucks? It’s cute you equate the major pandemic/ schedule changes this years to deal with it as a normal year. Ignorant

Sure, excuses exist. No matter what happens excuses are available. The difference between good leadership and poor leadership is that poor leaders make excuses, good leaders take responsibility.

It's embarrassing how this regime points fingers everywhere EXCEPT at themselves. This is why they do not learn from their mistakes.

Reactions: Mergatroidskittle

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Waaa waaa weee wah
I learned that hot goaltending that carries a team that was clearly outclassed and in over their heads against teams in the playoffs has really clouded people's judgements. Small sample sizes > large sample sizes baby

Math is hard, I don't care about your numbers waaaah waaah

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I learned that hot goaltending that carries a team that was clearly outclassed and in over their heads against teams in the playoffs has really clouded people's judgements. Small sample sizes > large sample sizes baby

Math is hard, I don't care about your numbers waaaah waaah
Vegas wasn't really that great a team that season. Look what happened the next round. They lacked the ability to put us away (granted Vezina type goaltending by us played a large part in that) until it was almost too late for them.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Vegas wasn't really that great a team that season. Look what happened the next round. They lacked the ability to put us away (granted Vezina type goaltending by us played a large part in that) until it was almost too late for them.
Vegas was a pretty solid team, but yeah the Canucks made them look like the Gretzky Oilers at times with the way the ice was tilted. No chance in hell that Vegas team respected the Canucks even after that series, the only one they respected was Demko.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Vegas was a pretty solid team, but yeah the Canucks made them look like the Gretzky Oilers at times with the way the ice was tilted. No chance in hell that Vegas team respected the Canucks even after that series, the only one they respected was Demko.
The disrespect is how they got into the series. Remember game 1. 5-0 shit kicking. Vegas knew they had the dominant upper hand from the get go mentality and almost got complacent with dominance not finishing.

Reactions: Nucker101

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad