What Type of Player Do You Describe Yourself As?

_Luongo_

Sep 4, 2006
Vancouver
I am a goalie and I've always tried to model my game after Luongo because I adored him in Florida because of his ability to win games all by himself. Now that he got traded to Canucks I get to watch him all the time. Thank you Nonis :handclap:

glimradnor

Oct 12, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
When playing forward, I think i'm like a really bad Ryan Smyth. Responsible defensivly and crashes the net when attacking.

Defense - I'm the crease clearer/shot blocker. I'll block the shot with whatever I can, sometimes my head...More guts than brains. I guess sort of Jay McKee-ish.

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
I started off a Theo Fleury type, I was an excellent stick handler with a great wrist shot. Good top end speed with acceleration. The physicality caught up with me though, as I'm undersized for a hockey player, and after several knee and back injuries, my speed just isn't there anymore. I'm pretty good at getting hits to just glance off me, so now I just stand in front of the net and get the rebounds.
I also used to be great at the defensive aspects of the game. I had good sense as far as where the puck was going, and I'd hit anything that came near the puck as long as it wouldn't result in a penalty. Alas, I can't get back fast enough anymore, and I've gotten rather weak on that aspect of the game as well.

Recast

Jan 5, 2005
Spruce Grove
When I play defence, which is most of the time, I'd say I'm a lot like Steve Staios. Patient, not overly physical, steady, good vision, and when the chance is there almost 100% of the time I'll join the rush.

When I decide to play forward I'm mostly like a Marty Reasoner. A gritty, checking, fast, playmaker, with a defence-first attitude.

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Pisani-type. Really good defensively, decent offensively. Not a great slap shot, but a great wrister. I make plays and set forwards up.Not a high scorer.

I play right wing but I take a more defensive role. I'm best at backchecking/creating turnovers in the neutral zone.

Transported Upstater

"I AML BIGTIME SCORING WINGER I PLAY LIKE BERTUZI + BRODEUR AND NEEDLESS TO SAY AM ONE OF THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE BUT THATS BECAUSE I PLAY LIKE EVERY DAY AND I USE SYNERGIES"

:bow:

Recast

Jan 5, 2005
Spruce Grove
"I AML BIGTIME SCORING WINGER I PLAY LIKE BERTUZI + BRODEUR AND NEEDLESS TO SAY AM ONE OF THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE BUT THATS BECAUSE I PLAY LIKE EVERY DAY AND I USE SYNERGIES"

I'd love to see a "big time scoring winger" that plays like "bertuzzi and brodeur".:biglaugh:

So, he plays forward and goal? I don't understand. Or is he like a second goaltender? Or is he just that good at blocking shots? Does he catch slapshots? Instead of player gloves does he wear a blocker and a trapper? :dunno:

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
I'd love to see a "big time scoring winger" that plays like "bertuzzi and brodeur".:biglaugh:

So, he plays forward and goal? I don't understand. Or is he like a second goaltender? Or is he just that good at blocking shots? Does he catch slapshots? Instead of player gloves does he wear a blocker and a trapper? :dunno:

I think it was a clever use of very subtle sarcasm.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
I am 6'3". I am 215 lbs. All muscle.

I have legs like Jagr, strength like Forsberg, vision like Thornton, hands like Hemsky, a shot like Ovechkin, I hit like Kaspiritis and win 98% of my draws. I am 22, never drafted and don't play pro.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site

Which is pretty funny. But to be fair, I think the vast majority of the people posting know that any claims they make are comparative to the league they play in, not to the NHL.

Love Machine

Jan 1, 2003
Computer
Visit site
I have never thought of this one before. I would say that my skating is better than average, a decent wrister that seems to be dangerous in close, my vision is really good, and my puckhandling is likely my biggest asset, I never seem to lose the puck. I have the ability to dominate games, but also the ability to land in the middle of the bench.

WisconsinDuck

Nov 17, 2005
Wisconsin
I guess I'm a mix of a Dustin Penner and Evgeni Malkin. I'm a big guy that can dangle any defenseman. :yo: I guess what makes me a great player, not to bragg, but I play every shift like its my last.

Emmy Cate

Oct 2, 2006
Trenton, ON
www.myspace.com
tiny(just under 5'6", under 5'10" on skates), fast, play maker and finisher, passes, centre and left winger, powerful shot, likes to rough plays up(resident fighter right here), agressive with those random awesome crosby moments

and thats all ice hockey, on a girls high school team

I play road hockey with guys in the summer, always the smallest

jay-P

Dec 21, 2005
Finland
I'm a defenseman first and foremost. My obvious strengths are in positioning, shot blocking, pass interruption and so on. Being a D-man is mainly due to the fact that I'm completely devoid of anything resembling offensive creativity and subtle stickhandling. In the offensive end of the rink my options are quite limited, as the risk of fumbling the puck over is always present.

I guess I'm like Steve Bégin as a high energy defensive player who never gives up. A defenseman comparison would be like another Hab player, Francis Bouillon. At 5'7, I'm not the physical presence he is, though.

Last edited:

KariyaIsGod*

I have never thought of this one before. I would say that my skating is better than average, a decent wrister that seems to be dangerous in close, my vision is really good, and my puckhandling is likely my biggest asset, I never seem to lose the puck. I have the ability to dominate games, but also the ability to land in the middle of the bench.

What?

When did you become me?

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Haha only road hockey.

Stay at home, stick checking defenseman with a horrible slap shot, so-so wrist shot, little or no stickhandling ability, so-so passing when keeping it simple with the the odd horrible giveaway (when not sticking to the basics), and even more rarely an amazing fluke backhand/forehand pass stick to stick 75% of the length of the court.
Low on stamina, high on heart.
My ability to make good decisions defensively and offensively worsens as the game goes on, but always willing to block a shot, especially if no real hockey players are in the game and I'm wearing a cup.

All Star Material.

I also 'played' Goalie, when I was in better shape when I actually had stamina and my knees didn't hurt I was a fairly good for road hockey standards with a quick but slightly useless glove hand (lacked the hand eye to actually keep the ball in the glove, only had enough to hit it out of the air), who was extreamly good stopping cross crease passes, and never ever gave up on the play with two or three Hasek like saves a game (more fluke than skill in my case though).

Glass jar

Nov 23, 2006
Goalie.
I've always been told I played exactly like Kevin Weekes.
Very athletic and aggressive in nets.

I like giving players alot of space to look at between the pads, and just double dare them to shoot there.

nikebauer

Jul 21, 2005
Vancouver
judging fromthe kind of goals i been scoring the past few games...a slower, smaller, more defensive minded version of anson carter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad