Confirmed with Link: What to do with Trouba? (UPD: 1y/5.5m arb award)

*IFF* Trouba asks for too much money, & you can't get full value in a trade - best option for Chevy

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
But that's amazing that it's always his clients that want out and forcing their team in their RFA years, Nino was forced out from NYI, Turris from Arizona and then from Ottawa, Johansen from Cbus and now Trouba. Geez even frigging Dubinsky held out.

Did you read the testimonial someone posted here? A former client of KO praised the arbitration route which resulted in a “life-changing contract”. These are adult men making a decision to pursue that “life-changing” contract and KO just facilitates it. The player is 100% responsible. Stop blameshifting away from Trouba people.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Yeah never seen what people see in Myers. It’s a shame if playing Myers on the PP had an effect on Trouba leaving.
Maybe they like someone who can score more then 3 goals 5v5 in 55 games. Chairot can almost do it in as many games as trouba he has 2 I guess that's why the 3 and 2 goal scorers sit on the bench during pp's. Dumba on the other wouldn't be. He would be on the PP instead of myers and possibly ahead of buff to.. coaches usually want to win and because of that Trouba is on the bench during pp's. Scoring 3 goals is good reason you don't get 8aav as a rfa.
I should add chairot scored 1 less goal then trouba playing in half the minutes he did

Last edited:

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Maybe they like someone who can score more then 3 goals 5v5 in 55 games. Chairot can almost do it in as many games as trouba he has 2 I guess that's why the 3 and 2 goal scorers sit on the bench during pp's. Dumba on the other wouldn't be. He would be on the PP instead of myers and possibly ahead of buff to.. coaches usually want to win and because of that Trouba is on the bench during pp's. Scoring 3 goals is good reason you don't get 8aav as a rfa.
I should add chairot scored 1 less goal then trouba playing in half the minutes he did
Problem is the Jets use a forward on D for PP on both units. Laine and Ehlers. This only leaves two spots and you know Buf has one spot as he can do no wrong in Maurice's eyes. This is probably what drives the Trouba camp crazy. People are all over him that he doesn't produce on the PP. Until he get's a real chance, we will never know. As a example in Washington, John Carlsson for the longest time was not given the chance as they were using Mike Green and Niskanen. He was given the chance finally and is thriving in the set up roll for Ovie now and now he gets the big dollars. Trouba has never been given the chance to QB the PP for any length of time.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
I don't think Trouba really has a say on this actually. It's the KO show!

Has KO ever been in this situation before? The bully usually gets what's he wants. It's not working here. High praise for TN. And I don't yell It at the anthem.
Until now!!

If I was Trouba, I would show him the door. Time for a new agent.

Reactions: The Luxury Line

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Has KO ever been in this situation before? The bully usually gets what's he wants. It's not working here. High praise for TN. And I don't yell It at the anthem.
Until now!!

Yes he has. @sting13 posted this testimony of KO’s services earlier:
“Kevin and KO Sports were especially prepared for the salary arbitration hearing we had in 2015 with Nashville that ended with me eventually earning an awesome, life changing 5-year deal.“

That is what Trouba is shooting for also. Don’t blame KO, blame Trouba. His agent is only acting on his behalf.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
IF Trouba doesn't want to be here, I don't think it's because of it just being Winnipeg/wanting to go to USA.

Jets are a contender, there's no reason to leave this.

I think it's because of usage - he's really, really good. He should be on the power play, not Tyler Myers. Myers I think has really complicated things for him.

Maurice and Chevy's obsession with Myers is ridiculous.

Maybe Overcharge should coach the Jets so Jacob can play on his favourite side, and play as much as he wants and in what situations he wants.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah. Sorry. :laugh:

I still don't like rentals. I hope we can win the cup this year. We will be good enough to have a good shot. But keeping Trouba as an own rental doesn't empower us to "go out and get a cup".

He is a significant piece that does help. I don’t love rentals but if we are going to rent why not one year of a top pairing RHD? We still retain the asset and can trade him the following off season so we are not talking about burning the asset we are talking about the delta between trading him now and trading him 12 months from now. The only people who are going to have a gauge on that “potential” spread are Chevy and his team.

I have stated if Chevy has a good deal then pull the trigger but if the value isn’t there then use the asset for one more season. We have a window here before Laine becomes a $9 million dollar man and Wheeler and Connor get raises so I look at this season as one of our best shots.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This situation is unfortunate as Trouba is a good old fashioned defensive defenceman period who truly can’t accept what he is and possibly what his role is.

Jacob could NEVER dictate a game nor run a PP like Buff, not even close.

Josh and Jacob have the potential to become one of the top pairings in the league, however they aren’t there yet.
Apparently Jacob isn’t willing to stay and realize this potential.

The only way I see Jacob getting big minutes and perhaps a PP role is on a bottom feeder.

I really hope we move him before the season starts.

Reactions: Ippenator

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
lol people

You all in for keeping Trouba IF he’s not happy with his role as has been speculated?
Curious as to your read on situation.
Do you feel it’s strictly business or a move to expedite his move out of Winnipeg?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Going to be hard 1 for 1 trade

Most likely

Trouba (signed long term) plus a forward

Either a vet (Perrault)

Or a blue chip prospect forward (Vesi)

For a veteran 2C (preferal rank 25 to 50 and younger than Little ) plus a blue chip D prospect. Right shot if available.

If possible :)

He is not signing long term from the way it looks unless its an over payment.

Edit:

Not going to work a trade involving
1 dollar for 4 quarters also.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Going to be hard 1 for 1 trade

Most likely

Trouba (signed long term) plus a forward

Either a vet (Perrault)

Or a blue chip prospect forward (Vesi)

For a veteran 2C (preferal rank 25 to 50 and younger than Little ) plus a blue chip D prospect. Right shot if available.

If possible :)

He is not signing long term from the way it looks unless its an over payment.

Edit:

Not going to work a trade involving
1 dollar for 4 quarters also.

The Jets would be crazy to trade Vesalainen.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Hmmm?

I think it’s all business from a top 30 defender in the nhl wanting to maximize their earnings.

It’s understandable from an emotional point of view fans don’t or can’t see it that way.
I admit that I’m taking this as a rejection of Winnipeg and not seeing it as strictly business.
However business or not , if this is not resolved it’s probably best if we move on from him.

Reactions: Ippenator

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
From his comments after his holdout a couple of years ago, Trouba strikes me as the kind of guy who likes to break things to see what happens. He wants to see what the arbitrator says about his value and is not really looking for a deal here. Once the arbitrator rules however I think he will have a realistic baseline for his value and would have no problem signing the the Jets long term as long as he is being paid what the arbitrator has declared his value to be (adjusted for buying UFA years etc.)

I have no problem with this.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Hmmm?

I think it’s all business from a top 30 defender in the nhl wanting to maximize their earnings.

Yup, that’s what I’ve said also, I don’t begrudge Trouba for this course of action......depending how things go I still might trade him though. Time will tell

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I honestly hope Overhardt is behind this, and I trust that Chevy will never sign another Overhardt client again (he's probably not alone in this decision either).

At this point, I'm done trying to defend Trouba. I tried to take the logical route regarding the rumors and say that 'insiders' were full of it, and we didn't know anything except for what official statements said. Going to arbitration, even though his demand is reasonable(ish), it's pretty clear he's not signing longterm, and his "wants to stay in Winnipeg" was just blowing smoke up our asses. I'm totally fine offloading him to our Siberian farm team affiliate, the Buffalo Sabres. Let Bogosian get in his head again, see what it does for his value.

Jets already have 2 more...

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
Trouba is a good young defenceman with plenty of upside still to come, but he doesn’t want to be here. He (they) made the mistake last go-round of letting it get out in the open that he wanted a trade. That won’t happen this time. He’s probably worth upwards of 6 Million AAV in today’s market. We don’t need to rush a trade but let’s be serious if he doesn’t want to be here the jets should get him out of the locker room quickly - but not so quickly we don’t get back something close to what he’s worth. I’m not bitter or angry but have no interest in spending my dollars to cheer for someone who clearly wants to be elsewhere - so adios.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
i don't believe it has anything to do with him not wanting to be here but him thinking he should be in the burns karrlson hedman range range of pay even as a rfa. I believe if he was offered 8x8 he would sign in a heartbeat. if it was about him not wanting to be here yet was offered what he thought was fair to him he would sign and ask for trade.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
i don't believe it has anything to do with him not wanting to be here but him thinking he should be in the burns karrlson hedman range range of pay even as a rfa. I believe if he was offered 8x8 he would sign in a heartbeat. if it was about him not wanting to be here yet was offered what he thought was fair to him he would sign and ask for trade.
He's not getting a Godfather offer from Winnipeg though, and that always was going to be that way.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
I think its a guy who does not want to be here and has had his agent do his dirty work for him

I like Trouba and top 30 NHL defender yes I can agree with that. I don't think I could pay him as a top 5 Defender though
I think he ideally wants out, now how to or when is the best time to maximize the return.

I know some believe and want to run the year with him for the now window and understand that position, but personally if trading him prior to the playoffs makes a notable difference in the return I would not hesitate to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad