Confirmed with Link: What to do with Trouba? (UPD: 1y/5.5m arb award)

*IFF* Trouba asks for too much money, & you can't get full value in a trade - best option for Chevy

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Who is speculating this?

I would be quite happy with a July 1st announcement but don't see why they have to wait if they are done deals.
They don't need to wait until July 1. They can sign the deals any time now.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Why?

Sunday is not a usual day for media stuff, especially in the summer.

July 1st is always a big day for the NHL. Didn't the jets announce an extension on a trade deadline day they didn't do anything in the past?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Im not saying its for sure but... The guy i know was right before... He called bogo and kane to Buffalo... He also told me about Toby waiving his NMC ..

But yeah... This may or may not be true... Its likely most of the big RFAs have agreed on a contract or are darn close but... Who knows. I trust him since hes buddies with the Chevy but... Who knows .

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Like I have been saying for 2 years see ya trouba. Sign myers at around 6. Trouba is not worth anything close to 8 mill.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Im not saying its for sure but... The guy i know was right before... He called bogo and kane to Buffalo... He also told me about Toby waiving his NMC ..

But yeah... This may or may not be true... Its likely most of the big RFAs have agreed on a contract or are darn close but... Who knows. I trust him since hes buddies with the Chevy but... Who knows .

Could you clarify something about your earlier post, Did your contact say that it was just trouba's deal that was long term or was Morrissey's also long term? I wasn't quite sure how to interpret it.

If your friend was right on the other two situations then I really have no reason to doubt this information. Like everyone I will wait to see, but hopefully he is correct. It would make for a good start to Canada day. Any info on if they will also launch the new jersey's at the same time.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Could you clarify something about your earlier post, Did your contact say that it was just trouba's deal that was long term or was Morrissey's also long term.

If your friend was right on the other two situations then I really have no reason to doubt this information. Like everyone I will wait to see, but hopefully he is correct. It would make for a good start to Canada day. Any info on if they will also launch the new jersey's at the same time.

Both long term. Jets want them both here for years to come.. Ive heard could be 6 for Trouba around 6.5 ish aav... And 7 for Mo at around 5 5.5 ish.

They also have some irons in the fire.. Perhaps part of the delay in announcing is... They want to move out some cash first... For that ive heard Mason with a Petan Dano type for a pick. Myers could be moved.. Perreault could be moved.. Ive heard Chiarot could be moved and perhaps... Depending on the return, kulikov but kulikov id put at about 30 percent chance right now... He had back surgery.

Reactions: Huffer

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
All you teams GMs, don't seem to appreciate what Trouba desires. He's eligible for two year of arbitration and then becomes a UFA. He just might not want to sign with Jets long term.....he didn't before. Maybe being a UFA as soon as possible is his first preference.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Both long term. Jets want them both here for years to come.. Ive heard could be 6 or Trouba around 6.5 ish aav... And 7 for Mo at around 5 5.5 ish.

Both AAV and terms make sense to me. All my calculations place Trouba around 6.5 million, it is fair given the % of cap comparable players in similar situations have gotten.

Morrissey is a bit harder to peg but the average cap hit % in his peer group would place the cap hit around 5.4 million on a $79.5 million cap so anywhere in your range makes sense.

I don't really trust the TSN insiders with regards to info on the Jets, our management runs a real tight ships so I take what they say with a grain of salt.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
All you teams GMs, don't seem to appreciate what Trouba desires. He's eligible for two year of arbitration and then becomes a UFA. He just might not want to sign with Jets long term.....he didn't before. Maybe being a UFA as soon as possible is his first preference.

Then he can just file for arbitration. There's no need to negotiate a contract.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Both AAV and terms make sense to me. All my calculations place Trouba around 6.5 million, it is fair given the % of cap comparable players in similar situations have gotten.

Morrissey is a bit harder to peg but the average cap hit % in his peer group would place the cap hit around 5.4 million on a $79.5 million cap so anywhere in your range makes sense.

I don't really trust the TSN insiders with regards to info on the Jets, our management runs a real tight ships so I take what they say with a grain of salt.

They thought the Jets were looking for Wingers at the TD. Shows how much they know...

8 million for Trouba is only there if its 8 years.. It wont be tho.. It will be 6.

Reactions: ffh

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

Maybe he isn't getting that from jet management but by overhardt. Bob is pretty accurate. He doesn't just say stuff

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

He was just here at the Scheif Golf tourney... He wants to be here... Bob also said Giordano wanted 9 million a year... I hate using this term cuz dudes a quack but... TSN Sportsnet... #FakeNews .

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Maybe he isn't getting that from jet management but buy overhardt. Bob is pretty accurate. He doesn't just say stuff

Sure he does. He said Giordano wanted 9... Bob is all about sensationalism... The entire TSN and Sportsnet crew are. Like HFBoards... They only pretend to know as much as they think they do...but most times.. They are wrong... Where was The big blockbuster trades at the draft.. They literally dont care about teams not based in Toronto.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Maybe he isn't getting that from jet management bit buy overhardt. Bob is pretty accurate. He doesn't just say stuff

He isn't all that accurate about things Jets related, also that 8 million has been floated around for a while its old news. I tend to believe what JetBlue has stated in that the 8 million would be for a max term deal buying 6 UFA years. On a 6 year deal he isn't getting that.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Giordano probably wanted 9. And he probably told the Flames management that. At which point the Flames management countered because that's how contract negotiations work everywhere.

Its all about Sensationalism.. They are owned by part owners of the leafs.. Tsn literally dont care or even know much about the Jets... Whenever they speculate it makes me happy.. Why? Because whatever they say.. The opposite happens. Its their goal to get clicks or likes or whatever else.. Goes for Bob too, love the guy but.. He's wrong more than he is right.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
He was just here at the Scheif Golf tourney... He wants to be here... Bob also said Giordano wanted 9 million a year... I hate using this term cuz dudes a quack but... TSN Sportsnet... #FakeNews .

What else would Trouba see publicly? He's leaving his options open and doesn't want embarrass the Jets or himself if he happens to remain a Jets for just two years. He can always say, "We negotiated but couldn't come to an agreement." in the future.
Just saying don't ever believe what a player, coach and executive says publicly. It might be meaningless.
And of course most what the writers and talking heads say is just their opinion and not really fact based. They like to convey they are the smartest guys in the room so their rating or clicks are higher, that's all.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
What else would Trouba see publicly? He's leaving his options open and doesn't want embarrass the Jets or himself if he happens to remain a Jets for just two years. He can always say, "We negotiated but couldn't come to an agreement." in the future.
Just saying don't ever believe what a player, coach and executive says publicly. It might be meaningless.
And of course most what the writers and talking heads say is just their opinion and not really fact based. They like to convey they are the smartest guys in the room so their rating or clicks are higher, that's all.

Im well aware...

But... I have a buddy who has been right a few times b4 and until its proven wrong... Im gonna believe they have a deal done or are darn close and its not for 8 million..

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

The 8 million was probably the opening ask whereas the Jets likely offered 5.5 million. Both have likely moved off their positions. Its negotiating 101, ask for the moon and work your way down. If you are good you can end up with a dollar amount greater than the lowest amount you would be willing to settle for.

Good point on the Golf tournament, if memory serves he unceremoniously skipped it the summer he held out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad