Confirmed with Link: What to do With Iafallo / Update: Iafallo re-signed 4 years, 16 million

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Kings' started by YP44, Jan 29, 2021.

?

What to do with Iafallo

1. Deal him

44.4%
  2. Let him walk

1.6%
  3. Re-sign

54.0%
  1. YP44 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    What should Blake do with Iafallo?

We need to open up top six spots for some prospects at some point, but also this team has said it wants to push for the playoffs and has turned a corner when it comes to selling off assets for futures.

So I struggle with what the plan for Iafallo should be and put three options in a poll. I personally think it may depend what his contract demands are, but am leaning to dealing him.

Mod Edit:

Last edited by moderator kingsboy11: Apr 12, 2021
    andys likes this.
  2. bland Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Because Kopitar wants him there. Kopitar is not an easy guy to play with, you have to be willing to play in close proximity to him, recover loose pucks and be comfortable maintaining possession over looking for quick shots. Not a lot of guys can or want to do that.

Token and Schmooley like this.
  3. Fishhead Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I think it will to some extent, but not nearly as much as it would have last year. I just got a STH advertisement today, they are already anticipating sales ramping up. The Kings have lucked out with the timing on all this. If they can get guys a little under market when the cap rises again they will have a little extra cushion.

4. Fishhead Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I meant $5M for Toffoli, I'd never pay AI that, I'm not that nuts. But that last part makes me wonder how TM is going to structure the lines. Tyler Johnson, for example, isn't a first line winger, yet he plays there. He's better but not that much better than Iafallo. Take him out of TBL's system and he probably puts up numbers similar to AI.

I also think that Kaliyev, etc. are a few years away from being impact guys, and they are going to have to prove they can push guys out of the top lines if they are going to take their places.

5. Schmooley Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Kaliyev got called up one game and scored a goal. For a goal scorer isnt that how you prove you deserve a spot?

6. YP44 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    he was sheltered (rightfully so) that game. I would like to see him play a few games but maybe next year yet.

apocalypse likes this.
  7. kings11 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I think the guys we have now like JAD, Tonka, Lias, Wags, Lizotte, Amadio, Moore and likely a vet or two will make up the bottom 6 next season.. I'll say 2, maybe 3 of Byfield, Turcotte, Madden, Kaliyev and maybe Thomas likely make the team next season and they ain't playing on the bottom 6. Its just a numbers game really and I just think its more complicated than some realize when it comes to evaluating Iafallo.

8. kings11 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I dont think its that Kopitar wants him there but rather to your point, other than he and Brown, no other Kings player has that grinding , crash the net mentality.. Maybe Tonka but he's still green.

9. crassbonanza Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    It's funny you say that cause Iafallo has actually outscored TJ over the past 2 seasons and combined over the past 3 seasons despite TJ playing on the top line with a much higher scoring team. Your point does make sense about line number not being as important, just thought it was funny.

10. Choralone Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    It's his pedigree - or lack of one - isn't it? He's been good. I hope that one day one of our young draftees (or a trade addition) supplants him in the #1 left wing spot. But that hasn't happened yet, and he's not a problem.

11. bland Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I guarantee you that Anze called that shot.

12. kings11 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Possible but if he was asking for anyone to be on his line I’d think he’d be asking for Brownie first

13. All The Kings Men Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Todd McLellan has said on more than one occasion of Iafallo that he's a player "guys want to play with"

I'm assuming that's not just an expression.

lumbergh likes this.
  14. Soapdodger Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    If not for the expansion draft I would sign Iafallo to a 3 year deal around 4 million per season.
    He is a good guy to have around for now but will be replaceable in a year or two.
    Ideally I would trade him at next years trade deadline unless we are very close to a playoff stop.
    Unfortunately there is the expansion draft and therefore I wouldn't sign him before that.
    We will most likely miss the playoffs and I believe the price for Iaffalo will be quite high at the deadline.
    So grab a future asset, give Grundstrom his current stop and see how it goes.
    After the expansion draft you can sign him as an UFA.

apocalypse likes this.
  15. Statto Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Or you lose him as a UFA... if we let him become a UFA he’s free to test the market and at that point why wouldn’t he? The GM’s also tend to work within certain ethical framework which is why I doubt we see the same tactic taken with other UFA’s across the league. It’s why we don’t see a slew of offer sheets each year even if the rules allow it.

16. redcard System Poster

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    That's because he has all the coolest toys at his house and his mom lets him stay up until 9:30.

17. Sparky206 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Some people here need a reality check

We signed an undrafted player straight out of the NCAA for free, He slotted onto first line wing straight out of camp to play with Kopitar and Brown who both had career years that year. In 3 years hes progressed to a reliable 50pt 1LW whos 4th on the team in scoring as we speak, plays PP & PK and is defensively reliable. And all that for a future contract in the 4M range?

Some people here will never be happy unless he dekes his way through 7 players on every goal then drops off their grandmas shopping on the way home from the rink.

18. Visnovsky Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    If Iafallo is a potential trade chip at the deadline, what would the Kings want from Toronto?

19. Schmooley Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Bumping this one because Im curious to see how his supporters think hes playing this year? Some like to say how great he is when he gets a goal and youre stupid to think hes not good. And then dont talk about it when he doesnt look good which has been this whole season besides maybe 5 games he played well.
    What you guys think how does he look this year? Like a top line player and part of the next leadership group?

20. apadilla Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I'd push for LW prospect Rodion Amirov, a former 1st rounder from 2020. I'd also give the Leafs our 3rd round 2021 pick. So Iafallo + 2021 3rd for Amirov. Close?

And this is especially true if the Kings can't sign IA for an unlimited term (3-8 yrs) at 4M per.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  21. LAKings88 Go Kings Go!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Late first or Sandin is fine with me.

andys likes this.
  22. andys Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Only Sandin

23. unicornpig Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    try to trade him at the deadline, if you cant get a late first or good prospect keep him. re-sign after the expansion draft at 3-3.5

24. kilowatt Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I bet he costs more than 3-3.5

25. Mats26 Youth Movement

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    No. We need to trade away our productive players so we can collect picks. This way our rebuild lasts 20 years.

lumbergh likes this.
  26. KopitarFAN Reno Sucks!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    That's why he gets moved or walks, no need to sign him to a big number, only if it's on their terms.

If somebody wants to give him 6 x 5 this summer, I'm happy for him, but it ain't gonna be in LA.