What to do with Barrie?

• Total voters

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Given Rielly injury should we
A. Keep as an own rental for playoff run
B. Sign him for 8M that he wants
C. Trade him for hopefully a 1st rounder next year

Just curious where we stand now after Rielly injury ...
You can’t keep him and let him walk for nothing really bad Asset management if you do but you’re not giving that even $4 million a year let alone eight so the answer is obvious get something for him

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
It's getting to the point where i think we would be significantly better off moving him at the deadline and using those assets on another player. He just doesn't get it done. I think they said late in the third that he had 13 shots at the goal and only 3 had hit? Man, f*** your corsi for, that's just turning the puck over around the 5 miss mark. Every missed shot is one that Matthews could have taken instead. Guy shoots like Dion Phaneuf and is worse in his own zone. Give Sandin those minutes on Saturday and I think we're a better team for it.

StatsNightHeroes

Jan 15, 2016
It's getting to the point where i think we would be significantly better off moving him at the deadline and using those assets on another player. He just doesn't get it done. I think they said late in the third that he had 13 shots at the goal and only 3 had hit? Man, **** your corsi for, that's just turning the puck over around the 5 miss mark. Every missed shot is one that Matthews could have taken instead. Guy shoots like Dion Phaneuf and is worse in his own zone. Give Sandin those minutes on Saturday and I think we're a better team for it.

Not sure if I agree with trading him. But he’s not the playmaker I was expecting. He shoots it every opportunity he gets and doesn’t seem to understand that a point shot is a low percentage play. I get it when you don’t have any other options but when you are skating circles around the O zone with the puck and the other team is tired it’s rarely the right play. Maybe he’d be better off playing with the bottom 6, at least then he won’t be taking shots that our skilled forwards could be taking.

He needs to use his partner better too. He was paired with both Dermott and Sandin tonight but by the way he ignores his partner while he has the puck you’d think he was paired with Aki Berg.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
he BAD
always with that f***ing onetimer
even if a f***ing PASS to Auston f***ing Matthews was a better option
i dont like Barrie
i hope we not keepin him for the next season
id rather have Sandin Liljegren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad