What to do with Barrie?

What to do with Barrie?

• Total voters

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Keeping him is the best option. Signing Muzz and leaving him walk in the summer.
That means you're confident this team can make a run. I'm not.
You have to move him at the deadline to recoup something. Otherwise, the Kadri trade is a certified disaster.

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
That means you're confident this team can make a run. I'm not.
You have to move him at the deadline to recoup something. Otherwise, the Kadri trade is a certified disaster.
Nobody is giving up on the season as much as you think they should

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Nobody is giving up on the season as much as you think they should
Sometimes you need ppl willing to make tough calls. Like admitting they made a mistake. That's one of the differences between good and bad management. Get something now for him or double down. I think the wise bet is to take something.

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
Are we the only team that continually "use as their own rental" and then see players leave for nothing year after year?

With Dubas being the best GM at drafting in the league by a mile, you'd think he'd love those draft picks.
When you can sign free agents for nothing then losing them for nothing is a wash. It is the cap space that tells the tale. If you keep Barrie and try to sign him that means you think he is better than anyone else playing that position that you think you can reasonably expect to sign.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Team isn't nearly good enough to be renting at the deadline, and since this season is seriously threatening write off status, you can't only have Alexander Kerfoot as your 2y return on Nazem Kadri.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Team isn't nearly good enough to be renting at the deadline, and since this season is seriously threatening write off status, you can't only have Alexander Kerfoot as your 2y return on Nazem Kadri.
Kadri and Brown, the forwards traded away before the start of this year. They are having good seasons.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Our team might be sucking down the stretch here, but this is still our cup window. People seem to forget. We have to try to win at all costs, trading Barrie for picks or prospects is pointless, especially with Rielly hurt.

We can't just throw the season out the window when we're in a tight playoff race. This team still has potential to not be garbage if they play properly.

I always forget this place is called hockeys future and how obsessed with prospects and picks people can get when losing

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
trade barrie for a high pick and a more responsible defensive dman with size, barrie, timashov and bracco to dallas for oleksiak and a 1st.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Our team might be sucking down the stretch here, but this is still our cup window. People seem to forget. We have to try to win at all costs, trading Barrie for picks or prospects is pointless, especially with Rielly hurt.

We can't just throw the season out the window when we're in a tight playoff race. This team still has potential to not be garbage if they play properly.

I always forget this place is called hockeys future and how obsessed with prospects and picks people can get when losing

I don't think anyone has endorsed trading him for picks and/or prospects.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005

The Leafs 'cup window' will be open for as long as our core players are young and still under contract which should be many years. I don't know why everyone makes it sound like Matthews, Marner and Nylander are in their 30s and don't have many years in front of them left to win a cup.

I don't think Barrie is the difference between the Leafs winning the cup or not and I have no interest in resigning him unless the contract is very reasonable which is unlikely. I'd rather get some decent assets for him than lose him for nothing especially if one or more teams are willing to offer a good package for him.

Reactions: LeafsRus

deepthoughtsleafs

Oct 14, 2018
Give him another chance. This guy has talent, he's just having a horrid first year. He'll bounce back, lets exercise patience for once. The only thing we have to do in the offseason is honestly trade the Locker Room Cancer that is Mitch Marner.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
This guy is not taking us to the promised land. If you agree then why wouldn’t you maximize the asset instead of letting him walk for nothing? A team like the Bruins will eat this muffin alive, come on.

Reactions: CincoHolio

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad