What thug players do you want for our maple leafs next season?

What thug players do you want for our maple leafs next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If i have to listen to T-Bay is our model much more i will barf. We aren’t Tampa. Not even close yet. We barely got in to the playoffs this year and could have missed had the season played out. Just as well could have been in there nicely but is was capable of goung either way.
T-Bay has been spending big money for years. Winning Presidents trophy last season. Battling for top of conference a couple years running.
We had a bad start,struggled for consistency and had freddy have a down year,important injuries at over lapping time that basically set this team back.
We are not trying to follow a model of any team hopefully. It’s simply about best eliminating weaknesses. Lets not call it a style. Lets call it what it is. Engvall is soft,so is Gauthier,so is Malgin, sonis Kerfoot,so is Johnsson and so was kappy with his inconsistencies. Three of them scored some points at least. The others were useless.
We need grit. We don’t need it or get it because T-Bay had some. Dallas had some too. T-Bay was talented in more ways than adding toughness. The added fear of losing after a humiliating seasons end to Columbus last year.
We need toughness because we failed, not gecause we want to be tbay

horner

May 22, 2007
If i have to listen to T-Bay is our model much more i will barf. We aren’t Tampa. Not even close yet. We barely got in to the playoffs this year and could have missed had the season played out. Just as well could have been in there nicely but is was capable of goung either way.
T-Bay has been spending big money for years. Winning Presidents trophy last season. Battling for top of conference a couple years running.
We had a bad start,struggled for consistency and had freddy have a down year,important injuries at over lapping time that basically set this team back.
We are not trying to follow a model of any team hopefully. It’s simply about best eliminating weaknesses. Lets not call it a style. Lets call it what it is. Engvall is soft,so is Gauthier,so is Malgin, sonis Kerfoot,so is Johnsson and so was kappy with his inconsistencies. Three of them scored some points at least. The others were useless.
We need grit. We don’t need it or get it because T-Bay had some. Dallas had some too. T-Bay was talented in more ways than adding toughness. The added fear of losing after a humiliating seasons end to Columbus last year.
Taxes I hate to bring it up but the have big advantage on other teams in the league.
The NHL should fix this

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
We need more Europeans and their stupid passing, idiot skating, overrated spatial awareness and unnecessary athleticism, and less Good Canadian Kids with their, "Hey Ref, hold my beer!" attitude.

More Ivan Svensky, less Patrick O'Thuggo.

Remember: Bettman's American Association of United States Ice Hockey Teams has a Canadian branch plant division that pays the bills during the regular season, but come playoff time, Madison Ave in New York demands a more American TV network friendly result

In any event- Brawlers for the Leafs means more power play time for the other team, especially in the playoffs. Imagine overtime, when suddenly the instigator rule gets dusted off and the Leafs go down a man and lose the game - yes, I can see that happening

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Taxes I hate to bring it up but the have big advantage on other teams in the league.
The NHL should fix this
They are always so on to creating a fair and even playing field aren’t they. Why do they never tackle this inequality in the league as a whole is their financial cap structure. Only good if it exits for USA teams is why. Canadian teams never complain about it in fairness.

Reactions: AreBe

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

What the Blues and Lightnings Cup wins (as well as the Stars and Bruins trips to the Cup Final) showed, is that you need a balanced roster that has a bit of everything - skill, speed, grit, toughness.

That's why you add grit.

Not because you lost to Columbus.

More grit doesn't beat Columbus. Not shooting 2.5% does.

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
4 years of a 35 year old who has not played in a while and is coming off of a bad injury? Seems solid enough to me..
Leafs Nation is like old President's Choice products, "Memories of Past Awards Won" (fill in name of old injured player with torn ACLs.) Wouldn't he be great in a Leafs uniform? Bring the pylon home so we too can boo him! Wow- rookie of the year, Norris trophy winner, Con Smyth winner, and a few cups too! And all just a mere 15 years ago! You gotta give something to get something, so we will package off Ivan Svensky and 2 consecutive first round picks, that should do it!"

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
The NHL should fix this
The American Association of United States Ice Hockey Teams will not be fixing tax disparity in any event.
Raise the issue with your MP, MPP or MLA and city councilor .

If meritless arts receive funds, and millionaire movie stars and fat- cat film productions get breaks here, why not tax breaks for rich athletes ?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
What the Blues and Lightnings Cup wins (as well as the Stars and Bruins trips to the Cup Final) showed, is that you need a balanced roster that has a bit of everything - skill, speed, grit, toughness.

That's why you add grit.

Not because you lost to Columbus.

More grit doesn't beat Columbus. Not shooting 2.5% does.
Yeah it does make a difference. Grit goes to the net hard and pounds defense. That gets you scoring chances in the playoffs and regular season. I don’t need a lesson on grit lack on the leafs . I think the top 2 lines are harder to the net and forcheck than our bottom six. Thats how much i dislike our bottom 6. Spezza signing is good. Like it. The rest can go f*** a stump

Reactions: horner

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Yeah it does make a difference. Grit goes to the net hard and pounds defense. That gets you scoring chances in the playoffs and regular season. I don’t need a lesson on grit lack on the leafs . I think the top 2 lines are harder to the net and forcheck than our bottom six. Thats how much i dislike our bottom 6. Spezza signing is good. Like it. The rest can go f*** a stump

I'm agreeing with you - I think they need more grit / toughness, just that I don't think it would have made a difference against CBJ. They had plenty of chances around the net over 5 games against CBJ.

Fully agree with you about the bottom 6 - soft as butter. Gets even softer if they move Johnsson. Kerfoot, Robertson, Spezza? Pretty soft trio. Engvall? I think he sucks. Better hope Barabanov is the 2nd coming of Wendel

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

AreBe

Apr 1, 2013
wonder if a guy like Corey Perry would come to Toronto on a cheap deal.
Any old crumpled up saggy skinned veteran who had the good sense to stay out of the Toronto media circus the first time they were a free agent best not come here with might- as - well - be -hooped - on -cocaine outrageous expectations of the President's Choice Memories of When They Were Good Leafs Nation False Manic Memory Derangement Syndrome fans in this town.

We are getting the broken down version of these great trophy winning champions.

And we keep blowing salary cap space and trading away young Europeans for broken good Canadian kids, and then wonder why we suck, as those Europeans go hoist cups elsewhere.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Simmonds is finished did you watch him play last year, awful skater and just another has been.
I think he mentioned in an interview that he played hurt nearly all year, and is now healthy again.

At near league minimum, it's worth a shot.

Reactions: mikeyz

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I'm agreeing with you - I think they need more grit / toughness, just that I don't think it would have made a difference against CBJ. They had plenty of chances around the net over 5 games against CBJ.

Fully agree with you about the bottom 6 - soft as butter. Gets even softer if they move Johnsson. Kerfoot, Robertson, Spezza? Pretty soft trio. Engvall? I think he sucks. Better hope Barabanov is the 2nd coming of Wendel
He’s not ha. Goes to dirty areas from limited views i seen of Barabanov.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I'd love to see it sprinkled through out the line up but we can't afford that.

If AP is signed I'd be happy with adding Bogo/Schenn and Simmonds for now. If we don't get AP we could spend a little more on Gudas or try to trade for Ristolainen.

I just pray we find our golden unicorn and get a real partner for Rielly even if it's another Hainsey. Rielly looked like a premier D with a smart reliable partner.

What I do like is that Dubas has talked publicly about this. I will watch with great excitement tonight and tomorrow how that pans out in his draft plan. Hopefully not like the Burke years where we went over board with the tough guys.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Habs got Anderson for Domi plus today. Nice move both teams
I love that too sire. For both of them fools. Anderson is a killa scrilla for real mayne.
We getting ours too, soon. Simmonds is all over the news already, he'll be our new yeller/rambler like tucker was. Even f***in bigger and stronger. He hard. I'm investing real hard on some jerseys when he arrives sire. Hard. I'm selling them too when the time comes. See to it. Investing on the thug leafs is something so real.... back in the days, I put thousands in this dirt. Bets believe that. Simmonds will change EVERYTHING for us. Everything like that gary oldman dirt on that real "Leon" film. That film hard too, go see it and study it hard. Simmonds will make us killas who stand on the ground. For real, sitting sitdowns and just staring at a sucka with that thousand yard stare. Y'all already know what I'm talkin bout. :clap:

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Just to throw this thang up again. Simmonds our newest thug got over 50% vote here, so once again congratulations. :clap: Y'all got it right. And also Bogosian got 14% of the vote. That's hard right there. Leafs fans KNOW their domi quinn tucker ice hockey. Corson and Roberts dirt.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
So yeah, we and our gm dubas, kyle is getting us some new fresh thugs next season, so our team can (too) in the playoffs like the other teams did. It's so simple, get em and win some. If you don't you lose and at the same time none of the other general managers in the league is not voting YOU in the general manager of the year award show period.
So my question simple y'all. Whom of the thugs does y'all want to see in our legendary maple leafs next season, so we can win too? Simmonds, Wayne already done said he wants to be here and will be here and will also change our culture and make an impact instantly. So he is my go to guy in the beginning. I also picked Borowiechki as a "surprising" one to get on the free agency. So there's too already. Simmonds is a guaranteed one. Eakin or some other lil thug might be the C way to go, a real cheap sucka too.

this aged very well

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Y'all seen the Lebrun tweet now no? I was right. We are in it for life. Simmonds to the maple leafs (legendary) is happening :clap: :clap: :clap: Hard. We got him! For life! Look at the percentages. We got what we WANTED. Dubas makes us happier. Simmonds will change it all, like he already stated at tsn. We are now a harder, better team and organization. Simmonds is fearless.

I think we will see lots of fans wearing his jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad