What thug players do you want for our maple leafs next season?

What thug players do you want for our maple leafs next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He was a dominant player when healthy.
He has not been dominant for years at this point, even when healthy he was noticeably slowing down. Betting on him for 4 years after he missed a full year due to injury seems like a crazy idea to me.

I could see a PTO or 1 year contract to see if he still has it but anything more would be a terrible move.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Brendan Lemieux would be ideal as bottom 6 centre. Simmons at around 1m if he would even do that. If we could snag Brendan Dillon and/or Gudas that’d give us some much needed balance all around.

Reactions: Coachcorner

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
I wonder whether Martin could come back now that Babcock is gone?

I kind of like Bogosian as an element missing on the Leafs but the team already has 3rd pairing RHDs. And what happened with Bogosian in Buffalo that he was released from his contract?

Gudas is overrated and will get paid twice what he's worth.

Byfuglien's a pipe dream. He appears to have given up on his pro hockey career. I wonder whether he's over 300 lbs now?

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
At least 3 of the following:

Dr. Hook McCracken
Mad Dog Madison.
Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown
Andre "Poodle" Lussier.
Gilmore Tuttle
Ogie Ogilthorpe

But honestly I'd be happy with just Ogie. Not Poodle.

Or if we could snag those three brothers from the Iron League for our 4th line that would be a perfect foil for our more skilled opponents.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Oh, totally forgot bout Brendan Lemieux sire............................................. sorry about that one. One of my favourites from the last season. Taken big steps, can also score some. Even played on the second pp at times with the rangers, and the PK killa situation. He would make us instantly a better team for surely. Sure his dad would like to see him being a maple leaf also. I forgot about him because he has stabilized so strongly the whole rangers jersey and situation. Real solid on that ranger rock. But could be ours, if we move thangs and do thangs.
Trade options are out there. Very difficult to snag them guys. Schneider is one of those guys in this draft and hopefully he is there. Muzzy type physical and has good speed and is working his offensive game in to his ohl elite defensive game. I’ll take a team full of them guys too :)

Reactions: Coachcorner

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
upload_2020-9-24_9-41-40.jpeg

RebuildYear5

Sep 24, 2020
We need gritty players with skill, guys who can play outside their comfort levels.

If only we kept tanking we could have drafted the Tkachuk brothers and kept Kadrii....instead we got Tavares & 1year of Barrie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->