Line Combos: What the lineup should be next game

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Well not hurting tank/young guys is #1 priority. Rest is low risk with potential reward depending on their season. They're the bridge players as we wait for the assets returned from Weber/Pacioretty, 2017-2019 Drafts.

When Gallagher/Drouin/Galchenyuk/Scherbak/Hudon/Lehkonen/Danault get joined with the new blood, there'll be a lot to be exited about.

But doesn't adding those guys hurt the tank, take ice-time away from young guys and/or impede cap flexibility?

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Well, I dream of Tavares, Carlson and Dahlin but it will probably be something like:

Drouin - Danault- Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Vermette - Byron
Hudon - Plekanec - Shaw
Deslauriers - Froese - Sherbak

Mete- Weber
Alzner- Petry
Bieksa - Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

Reactions: LaP

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Well, I dream of Tavares, Carlson and Dahlin but it will probably be something like:

Drouin - Danault- Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Vermette - Byron
Hudon - Plekanec - Shaw
Deslauriers - Froese - Sherbak

Mete- Weber
Alzner- Petry
Bieksa - Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

This is likely the most realistic line up I've seen here. the traditional washed up guy in vermette and the addition of Bieksa. But pacioretty will be in that line up too.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Hope whatever lineup we have gives us the opportunity to add Hughes in the 2019 draft to fill in the biggest blank on this team.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Could be wrong but here's our lineup for next season.

Patch-Drouin-Gallagher
AG-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Byron-Lehkonen
L Shaw-Fraise-Dlo
DLR

Mete-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Reilly-Benn
Schlemko

If you are wondering where are Juulsen and Scherbak they are both young guys and will both do mistakes at the camp and will be sent down cause they don't have to go thru waivers and we can'T afford to lose L Shaw or Schlemko.

Good luck to Carey Price.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
So many people writing Dahlin, when we know with certainty we'll be getting Quinton Hughes.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
If I have to guess I believe that after missing on Tavares this summer, MTL will offer Stastny 3-4 years at 6.5M
MB will trade Pacioretty in Edmonton for RNH who Chiarelli said they won't be going with that kind of money spend on their centers.

Drouin-RNH-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Stastny-Scherbak
Hudon-Danault-Lehkonen
Byron-McCarron-Shaw
Deslauriers

Mete-Weber
Reilly-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Valiev-Benn

Price
Lindgren

-DLR Froese and Schlemko will go thought Waivers.
-Logan Shaw won't get a contract.
-The only player I don't know what MTL are gonna do with is Carr..... I really him but would MB put McCarron on waivers to keep him?

And with the 6th pick, MTL are proud to select, from USA U-18 Oliver Wahlstrom!

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Given past history I have to venture forward and say:

Plug - Plug - Plug
Plug - Plug - Plug
Plug - Plug - Plug
Plug - Plug - Plug

Plug - Plug
Plug- Plug
Plug- Plug

Injured.
Rookie.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
imo, if Tavares likes the city, the only problem coming here is management (coach/GM). If we fire them and bring in better coaches, then it comes down to how much Tavares likes the city.

The roster has been damaged by Tavares, but with him we're immediately much better:

Pacioretty Tavares Gallagher
Scherbak Galchenyuk Drouin
Lehkonen Danault Byron/Hudon
Carr Froese/De la Rose Deslaurier

+ Whatever we get for A. Shaw

UFA Weber
Mete Petry
Alzner/Valiev/Reilly Juulsen

Price
Lindgren
Any team that adds a ppg top line center to their club becomes immediately better. Even if a team doesn't need one. If Pittsburgh add Tavares, I mean, they don't need him, but they would still become immediately better. So...us becoming better is not an argument.

If Tavares leaves NYI, there is no reason for him to come here. So he could play with Weber and Price? Two players who were injured this year and are getting old. Any new up and comer? Nikita Scherbak and Charles Hudon...those are the guys?? Maybe play with Patches and Drouin....that's our biggest sale's pitch. And both those guys struggled. Might as well just stay in NY.

Why here when he could probably go out West on better teams? Heck, even if stayed in the East, he could play for better teams, otherwise just stay in NY.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If I had to guess:
Galchenyuk-Drouin-Gallagher
Lekhonen/Hudon-Danault-Scherbak
Hudon/Lekhonen-Bozak-Shaw
Byron-Plekanec-Carr

(player traded for Pacioretty)-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
They’ll try to fit round pegs into square holes and it won’t work ....shocking I know....and that’s it. Until this GM is gone nothing will matter. I hope they’re all out. Clean f***ing slate is what we need. Then we can talk about lineups that make sense, and players playing where they should play.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
But doesn't adding those guys hurt the tank, take ice-time away from young guys and/or impede cap flexibility?

They're not good, just filler giving young guys a chance to be used in their natural position (like Drouin at W). Also team doesn't have Weber and Pacioretty. That's a tank lineup. Cap flexibility is nothing unless taken advantage of... See this season.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Any team that adds a ppg top line center to their club becomes immediately better. Even if a team doesn't need one. If Pittsburgh add Tavares, I mean, they don't need him, but they would still become immediately better. So...us becoming better is not an argument.

If Tavares leaves NYI, there is no reason for him to come here. So he could play with Weber and Price? Two players who were injured this year and are getting old. Any new up and comer? Nikita Scherbak and Charles Hudon...those are the guys?? Maybe play with Patches and Drouin....that's our biggest sale's pitch. And both those guys struggled. Might as well just stay in NY.

Why here when he could probably go out West on better teams? Heck, even if stayed in the East, he could play for better teams, otherwise just stay in NY.

I think he wants to go somewhere he can win. I think our biggest obstacle to winning is our GM and Coach: why come somewhere where the GM has been systematically making the team worse with almost every move? If we had a GM he had faith in, the roster is not so bad it can't contend with Tavares and one more piece.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
imo, if Tavares likes the city, the only problem coming here is management (coach/GM). If we fire them and bring in better coaches, then it comes down to how much Tavares likes the city.

The roster has been damaged by Tavares, but with him we're immediately much better:

Pacioretty Tavares Gallagher
Scherbak Galchenyuk Drouin
Lehkonen Danault Byron/Hudon
Carr Froese/De la Rose Deslaurier

+ Whatever we get for A. Shaw

UFA Weber
Mete Petry
Alzner/Valiev/Reilly Juulsen

Price
Lindgren
How do you have Galchenyuk at centre? After ALL that's happened.... them putting Byron at centre, putting DLR on 2nd line... you think suddenly they will put Galchenyuk there in the off season?
There is no way... so long as Bergevin is our GM.

Also....Tavares isn't coming here.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
How do you have Galchenyuk at centre? After ALL that's happened.... them putting Byron at centre, putting DLR on 2nd line... you think suddenly they will put Galchenyuk there in the off season?
There is no way... so long as Bergevin is our GM.

Also....Tavares isn't coming here.

Tavares definitely isn't signing here while this management team are still running things...My lines aren't taking into consideration what they would do.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think he wants to go somewhere he can win. I think our biggest obstacle to winning is our GM and Coach: why come somewhere where the GM has been systematically making the team worse with almost every move? If we had a GM he had faith in, the roster is not so bad it can't contend with Tavares and one more piece.
Yes well a GM can be good or bad, essentially, who is on the roster and what direction the team is going in is what matters.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Tavares definitely isn't signing here while this management team are still running things...My lines aren't taking into consideration what they would do.
got it... unfortunately I don't think we'll be getting so lucky...
Considering we are out of the playoffs - would be nice if they would at least let Chuck finish the year at centre.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Tavares might get 15 million good reasons to come here if MB is desperate enough....

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
It sucks to say but we need another year of tanking...

Lineup I wanna see come september is this :

Drouin - Hudon - Galchenyuk
Scherbak - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec- Shaw
Carr - Byron - Deslauriers

Dahlin - Weber
Mete - Petry
Schlemko - Juulsen

Alzner

Price
Lindgren

With Price and Lindgren splitting almost 50-50.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad