Line Combos: What the lineup should be next game

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Even if the team did a great performance last game, I think we can still have a better lineup!

Cole-Desharnais-Paccioretty
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Armstrong-Eller-Moen
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Prust

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-Weber

Therrian has to show to his players that the amount of PP we give to the other teams in the last three games is unacceptable. Also, even if I really like what White brings to the team, when he starts to take many penalities he becomes more harmful than helpful for the team. And Eller need to be back in the lineup!
Kaberle is simply useless, bad in is own end and he brings nothing offensively so far. We need to give a chance to Weber, he was one of the best defenseman in the swiss league during the lockout! And we need a shooter on the second PP.

Also, Cole need to step up his game if he wants to stay on the first line, we could try Eller or Galchenyuk or Gallagher on the first line!

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
White has taken like one bad penalty unless I missed something else.

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
Exactly what I would like to see, sad that White took so many penalty.

White just needs to cool it a little.
A little talking should do the trick.
He's one of those guys that needs to play on the very edge every night.

What I'm afraid of, is that if you sit White, you send a message to your team that it's not ok to stick up for your teammates.

You might undo some goods...

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
I'm going to trust Therrien as hes got our guys rolling, no offense to your suggestions.
also funny how eveyone is on the Pleks bandwagon, and all of a sudden Coles terrible and DD has got to do better. Cole, DD, Patches were the only line last year that did anything. I give them a least 10 games grace before I would start demanding production.
And many people are reporting that Eller is not a Therrien type player and he likes more grit, so if Eller does get another shot at top 9, he better make it count.

Habtchum*

White and Kab, out

Eller and Weber, in

But i doubt Therrien will brake a winning combination.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm going to trust Therrien as hes got our guys rolling, no offense to your suggestions.
also funny how eveyone is on the Pleks bandwagon, and all of a sudden Coles terrible and DD has got to do better. Cole, DD, Patches were the only line last year that did anything. I give them a least 10 games grace before I would start demanding production.
And many people are reporting that Eller is not a Therrien type player and he likes more grit, so if Eller does get another shot at top 9, he better make it count.
They are technically producing, lol. They have one point less than the Pleks line. ;)

But I know what you mean. 10 games is the ultimate cutoff for me, but I'd expect production by game 5.

I was looking for 115 points out of these guys for the season, right now they are on pace for 96.

If they can hit 110 and be + players, that's good enough.

Right now they combine for 6-points and a +3 rating.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
White and Kab, out

Eller and Weber, in

But i doubt Therrien will brake a winning combination.
No way I sit White for Eller. Completely different games. Armstrong? Sure, if you want to move Eller to the third line. But only after we lose.

As for Weber? The only bad thing that comes from that is if he comes in, starts potting goals quickly, and playing respectable defense... How do you sit him when Subban signs?

Habtchum*

No way I sit White for Eller. Completely different games. Armstrong? Sure, if you want to move Eller to the third line. But only after we lose.

As for Weber? The only bad thing that comes from that is if he comes in, starts potting goals quickly, and playing respectable defense... How do you sit him when Subban signs?

Is Subban signed yet ?

Habtchum*

White out? **** that! The guy brings way too much energy to a team that needs it right now. I'd rather tame a lion than wake up a dead person.

You don't need a guy like him evey single game. It depends of the opponents. Moen and Prust can take care of the business.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Prust's third line spot is a lock imo.

Bourque – Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty – Desharnais – Cole
Prust – Galchenyuk – Gallagher
Moen – Eller – White

Markov – Emelin
Gorges – Diaz
Kaberle - Bouillon

Give pk duties to Eller.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Therrian has to show to his players that the amount of PP we give to the other teams in the last three games is unacceptable. Also, even if I really like what White brings to the team, when he starts to take many penalities he becomes more harmful than helpful for the team.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
White out? wtf is that ****. the guy take one penality ( the other was a bad call by the ref) and peoples want to sit him? Some peoples here need to calm down.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012

This will be a very nice problem to have! This will also increase his trading value

Last edited:

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
The only reason why White and DD are being bashed is because eller is sitting. I think Eller should be there in place of Armstrong. He hasn't been playing badly... but he hasn't been playing particularly good. He doens't seem to bring more grit than Eller would, and on top of that Eller is much quicker, better offensively and can contribute just as much defensively.

I'd be more than fine with a Kabs/weber change. Let him play 14 min like kabs... I actually think he brings more energy than kabs as well.

Patches DD Cole
Bourque Pleks Gio
Prust Agally Bgally
Moen Eller White

Markov Emelin
Gorges Diaz
Bouillon Weber

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Cole - Desharnais - Pacioretty
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Armstrong - Moen

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillon - Weber

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
If it ain't broke don't fix it. The team is firing on all cylinders and everything is working.

I wouldn't change a thing if it were up to me.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
Kaberle is simply useless, bad in is own game and he brings nothing offensively so far. We need to give a chance to Weber, he was one of the best defenseman in the swiss league during the lockout! And we need a shooter on the second PP.

Are you sure about that? I suspect you are thinking of Diaz... I didn't hear any glowing reports of Weber's play during the lockout.

PricePkPatch*

You don't replace a Hammer with a Screwdriver
You don't replace White with Eller

Simple as that. White did his job last game, and the game before. He show with energy, and has been the most reliable for faceoffs.

If you want to pencil Eller in somewhere, find something that doesn't screw up our effective 4th line.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Cole - Desharnais - Pacioretty
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Armstrong - Moen

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillon - Weber

I'd do exactly this, maybe with White centering the fourth and Armstrong collecting the parking lot change.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
i think before Gally plays his 5th game, they should bring Eller in and put him in that spot to see what the line does without Gally. That way if they send him down, they won't be going on a pure hunch as to what the chemistry will be like. Not that Gally hasn't played well, I just think you do it to see what Lars can do. Also, if the 1st line doesn't produce in the 1st 2 periods, I'd mix them up by dropping Patches to the Plex line and putting Bourque on the DD line.

Patches - DD - Cole
Bourque - Plex - Gio
Gallagher - Eller - Prust
Moen - White - Armstrong

I wouldn't want to trde Eller as I think he could be the perfect #3 guy down the middle. Much like a Brandon Sutter is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->